Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Benched on Xhul ?

Hi guys !
    Well it appears me and the other dps warrior are benched for our Xhul progress.

Being among the most motivated, competent and commited player in the raid, that surprises me !
    Our roster for this encounter will count : 9 ranged and 6 melees (3 DK's, 1 Rogue, 1 Enhance, 1 Retpal)

Is this legit ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Massgripping the adds is a powerful tool. But shouldn´t you be discussing such decisions with your raidleader? He will have his reasons and until we hear those reasons nobody can judge if they are legit^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Both arms and fury are really strong for that fight depending on if you need single target or aoe on imps. Shockwave is a must since it provides aoe interrupt on adds. If they ditch dps warriors there must be other reasons behind it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Both arms and fury are really strong for that fight depending on if you need single target or aoe on imps. Shockwave is a must since it provides aoe interrupt on adds. If they ditch dps warriors there must be other reasons behind it
    AOE interrupts are not just warrior domain. Warlocks have Shadowfury, boomkins have solarbeam, Monks have leg sweep, enhancement shamans have capacitor totem,...

Quote Originally Posted by Vidanovitch View Post
    Hi guys !
    Well it appears me and the other dps warrior are benched for our Xhul progress.

Being among the most motivated, competent and commited player in the raid, that surprises me !
    Our roster for this encounter will count : 9 ranged and 6 melees (3 DK's, 1 Rogue, 1 Enhance, 1 Retpal)

Is this legit ?
    Can you provide logs of you in this fight? It could be anything from tactical (grips are better than another 3 stuns that are already going to be DRd), or you could all be standing in crap too much. Without logs and your RL's input, we don't know for sure.

Adds fights are good design, blizz rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    AOE interrupts are not just warrior domain. Warlocks have Shadowfury, boomkins have solarbeam, Monks have leg sweep, enhancement shamans have capacitor totem,...
    Well I only compared warrior to the other melee dps they had. Sure they had enhance shammy but one more aoe interrupt wouldnt hurt. We dont know what ranged classes they have but its not unlikely they are busy with voids

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are just really useful because of Gorefiend's Grasp, but warriors aren't bad either. Both specs do very well on that fight and shockwave is quite useful for the adds. Death Knights are just better though (GG + Good Cleave + AMS) Without logs though it's hard to say exactly why. Maybe just ask your raid leader for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Death Knights are just really useful because of Gorefiend's Grasp, but warriors aren't bad either. Both specs do very well on that fight and shockwave is quite useful for the adds. Death Knights are just better though (GG + Good Cleave + AMS) Without logs though it's hard to say exactly why. Maybe just ask your raid leader for a reason?
    Arms does better boss damage though than most other melee specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Arms does better boss damage though than most other melee specs
    Even though you shouldn't be on the boss in this fight.

But still, 3 DK's seems a bit much. 2 Mass grips is more then enough. One or even none works too. I see no reason why you would want to bench a warrior for a DK, unless you are not as competent as you think. Perhaps both of you who are benched are failing hard on mechanics. Xhul is definitely not a boss where you want to neglect those.

Basically, you need to sort this out with your raidleader as none of us is able to provide you an answer without any insight in your performance.

Deleted
    We're still on Mythic Tyrant. Xhul is next, thus i don't have logs yet.

Even if i had, i think it would be irrelevant.

you are not as competent as you think
    I most likely am !

One of the DK's is an apply, the other is playing DK for like 2 months, barely got his ring a few days ago, and overall, is not an amazing player.

So yeah, i was thinking, may be they are recquired to soak stuff. In which case its probably legit, since we can not do otherwise (We have 2 mages and only 1 rogue, 1 hunter)
    Otherwise, we, warrior, are very good at leaping out to place the fire, charging back, very good AOE stun, i even have my Tauren racials.
    I'll also definitely way ahead of them in the metter, and provide literally the BEST (right?) burst damage in the game in enrage phase..

Unless mythic is completely different to heroic it does seem an odd choice to take an enh and ret over two warriors. I understand the dk's for ams/ grasp, 3 seems a bit excessive and rogues are pretty much gods so that makes sense.

With a nice grip, bladestorm is the best way of destroying the imps hands down, rallying cry to help with explosions and the lust at 20% warriors are on of the better picks.

Xhul is pretty much the best warrior fight in playing to our strengths as fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidanovitch View Post
    We're still on Mythic Tyrant. Xhul is next, thus i don't have logs yet.

Even if i had, i think it would be irrelevant.

I most likely am !

One of the DK's is an apply, the other is playing DK for like 2 months, barely got his ring a few days ago, and overall, is not an amazing player.

So yeah, i was thinking, may be they are recquired to soak stuff. In which case its probably legit, since we can not do otherwise (We have 2 mages and only 1 rogue, 1 hunter)
    Otherwise, we, warrior, are very good at leaping out to place the fire, charging back, very good AOE stun, i even have my Tauren racials.
    I'll also definitely way ahead of them in the metter, and provide literally the BEST (right?) burst damage in the game in enrage phase..
    You got logs? Should be pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

When push comes to shove, it may just be the soaking issue and not so much a case of individual performance as it is a case of them wanting to use a certain tactic/ability your class itself cannot supply.

BTW, pretty amazing that a guy that just started playing a DK two months ago already has his ring unless you mean he switched mains. Maybe they asked him to consider doing that with this fight in mind?

DK's and rogues are basically mandatory for progressing on the fight... the rest of the melee are interchangeable: warrior, ret, feral, windwalker doesn't really matter. Enh shaman have the best aoe so you'd expect them to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    BTW, pretty amazing that a guy that just started playing a DK two months ago already has his ring unless you mean he switched mains. Maybe they asked him to consider doing that with this fight in mind?
    It's not impossible. My warrior hit 100 in the beginning of July and I finished my ring 3 weeks ago.

Deleted
    DK's and rogues are basically mandatory for progressing on the fight... the rest of the melee are interchangeable: warrior, ret, feral, windwalker doesn't really matter. Enh shaman have the best aoe so you'd expect them to be in.
    Yeah this is the kind of insight i was looking for, thank you about that.

I guess we need the AMS thing.

Is the enrage phase not hard enough to argue about ?
    We would crush him so hard *_*

Someone should show this guys GM this thread.

Deleted
    Someone should show this guys GM this thread.
    Exactly ! Lets show him how motivated i am !
    That is what you meant, right ?!
    Last edited by mmoc36b021d5c6; 2015-09-07 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Even though you shouldn't be on the boss in this fight.

But still, 3 DK's seems a bit much. 2 Mass grips is more then enough. One or even none works too.
    3 DKs make the fight at least 120% easier to manage because getting those imps in consistently adds to the simplicity of the fight. 3 DKs is widely used because you do not have grip for ALL of the imps with just two (or less).

On the note for sitting warriors, we're good but there are alternative stuns there for it. We have high burst from fury for imps, so unless there is a reason to be sat you should be in. Just talk to your RL.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

"Bring the player, not the class"
    Class stacking died in TBC.