10+ Year Old Account

Miyamoto Would Like to Make a New Mario Galaxy Game

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamot...io-galaxy-game

n a recent interview with Eurogamer, Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto shared his desire to revisit the Wii's duo of 3D Mario platformers in a new game. According to Miyamoto, a new Mario Galaxy game is always in discussion; however, there have been concerns about the difficulty of 3D Mario games and motion sickness, so they have moved back to making the New Super Mario Bros. titles as games that anyone can play. He also stated that he and Yosiaki Koizumi can only make so many games at once; however, he stated that there will be a lot of opportunities for Galaxy as technology improves.

Here's Mr. Miyamoto's full quotation:

"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion, but even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.

"Going back to our roots and making New Super Mario Bros., anyone can play that. So that's why we went back.

"We're always thinking, is there a middle ground where people who do enjoy the 3D worlds of Galaxy and those who enjoy New Super Mario Bros. can both enjoy it? We're always looking at those opportunities.

"On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title. However we can't make so many games at once in parallel.

"But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options." — Shigeru Miyamoto
    - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamot...Tc3YPEts.dpufn a recent interview with Eurogamer, Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto shared his desire to revisit the Wii's duo of 3D Mario platformers in a new game. According to Miyamoto, a new Mario Galaxy game is always in discussion; however, there have been concerns about the difficulty of 3D Mario games and motion sickness, so they have moved back to making the New Super Mario Bros. titles as games that anyone can play. He also stated that he and Yosiaki Koizumi can only make so many games at once; however, he stated that there will be a lot of opportunities for Galaxy as technology improves.

Here's Mr. Miyamoto's full quotation:

"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion, but even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.

"Going back to our roots and making New Super Mario Bros., anyone can play that. So that's why we went back.

"We're always thinking, is there a middle ground where people who do enjoy the 3D worlds of Galaxy and those who enjoy New Super Mario Bros. can both enjoy it? We're always looking at those opportunities.

"On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title. However we can't make so many games at once in parallel.

"But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options." — Shigeru Miyamoto

It should be illegal to stop his ambitions and ideas.

Wii U's 3d mario was extremely disappointing to me. I just felt cramped in the small levels, not much exploration, and when things were hidden they were so far off camera and just awkward to see or reach. I can't wait for the galaxy and sunshine hd remakes, or any kind of sequel to either. Shit throw me back in peach's castle and lemme get in some paintings, idgaf, I wanna roam and wall kick and jump on stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It really should. I remember a friend told me once that a long time ago Shiggy wanted to make a Zelda game that took place in like a future setting but I guess they thought it was too weird so they decided against the idea and shot it down. Such bullshit.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Wii U's 3d mario was extremely disappointing to me. I just felt cramped in the small levels, not much exploration, and when things were hidden they were so far off camera and just awkward to see or reach. I can't wait for the galaxy and sunshine hd remakes, or any kind of sequel to either. Shit throw me back in peach's castle and lemme get in some paintings, idgaf, I wanna roam and wall kick and jump on stuff.
    Well you do realize, Galaxy and especially Galaxy 2 are basically using the exact same formula 3D world is? You're just running to the star instead of running to the flag pole...

Galaxy series is certainly not the open level collection experience of Sunshine or 64, not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well you do realize, Galaxy and especially Galaxy 2 are basically using the exact same formula 3D world is? You're just running to the star instead of running to the flag pole...

Galaxy series is certainly not the open level collection experience of Sunshine or 64, not even close.
    While no but Galaxy is a completely different animal so it was their first time doing a space version of Mario platforming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So we are 3+ years away from a cool Mario game? What games are they making "in parallel"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    so if he declare it's his life ambition to free all convicted murderers we should just let that happen?
    such sound logic.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so if he declare it's his life ambition to free all convicted murderers we should just let that happen?
    such sound logic.
    Such an ambition would obviously have a hidden motive.

It's really interesting the stuff he's saying. Middle ground between 2d platformer and 3d mario-style platformer?

I'm pretty curious what he'll do with it. I liked Galaxy 2 but I felt like it didn't do anything that Galaxy didn't, and I feel like that's a dangerous trap to fall into to just find something that works and repeat it ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I didn't play galaxy 2, only the first. I never felt rushed in galaxy, and it was more fun to explore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    It's really interesting the stuff he's saying. Middle ground between 2d platformer and 3d mario-style platformer?

I'm pretty curious what he'll do with it. I liked Galaxy 2 but I felt like it didn't do anything that Galaxy didn't, and I feel like that's a dangerous trap to fall into to just find something that works and repeat it ad nauseam.
    If it's just like the first one, how could it be bad? The issue with sequels is when they add or change something that's for the worse. I'd rather have more of the original, isn't that the point of a sequel? Shitty sequels are shitty sequels (Tales on symphonia 2, legend of legia 2). Nothing wrong with a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I didn't play galaxy 2, only the first. I never felt rushed in galaxy, and it was more fun to explore.
    Claiming 3DW rushes you? Outside of the few obvious race levels with small timers you can literally jack off wherever you want to in the the level and still finish it in time.

There was literally no exploration in Galaxy 1 or 2. You selected the star you wanted to go for, you got ported into linear level to get to it. Rose colored glasses are a hell of a drug, but Galaxy is not an exploration series like Sunshine and 64 where. Not even close.