Thread: Golan Heights

Golan Heights

Old news, but the picture of the dead kid has made my facebook go conspiracy crazy.

This had me confused though.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=567639FE

How can Israel get oil rights in Syria?

Deleted
    Israel occupies Golan Heights and grants oil rights. What's the problem here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Just these conspiracy people thinking Israel and USA are out to get everyone, and that this oil field in Golan Heights is why we bombed Syria (or one of the reasons).

I know people here are great conspiracy busters, so was just after some info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Nothing. All is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Nothing. All is good.
    But what do you say to people who make a big deal over this? Saying that Israel have occupied the land since 1967 doesn't really do anything, and technically it still is part of Syria.

I guess they are the only ones that actually know where the thousands of anti-personnel mines are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Golan Heights are valuable to Israel for strategic reasons that no natural resource can match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    But what do you say to people who make a big deal over this? Saying that Israel have occupied the land since 1967 doesn't really do anything, and technically it still is part of Syria.
    Theyre probably mad. There's nothing wrong in occupying someone else's land and steal their resources.

Deleted
    Facebook is a cesspool of filthy propaganda and hatred, it should have been shut down long ago. Turkey blocks it, other countries should do the same.

What is there to discuss? This is a thread about a Facebook screencap from 2 years ago, and the guy is reacting in September to news from February 2013.

Are you wondering if Israel actually sold oil rights in the Golan Heights? They did. Israel has been drilling in the area for decades, too - this was just the first time that they sold rights off to a US company. Notably, the subsidiary company that rights were sold to was (is?) headed by a racist former member of the Knesset who called Israeli Arabs a "cancer" and advocated expelling them.There's probably nothing conspiratorial about asserting that this is another in a long line of illegal Israeli expansion into their occupied territories, but neither is it particularly notable.