Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Mainly, thinking from a new player's point of view. You have one spec named Beast Master... which was a movie in the 80's of a melee "hunter" using multiple pets. Next you have a marksmen... which is not gender neutral... but does not have pets in Legion. Your last spec is a melee Beast Master essentially... which you call Survival for some reason... seems like it could be a little confusing.
    Lol, if people remember that movie they should be old enough to read the class and spec descriptions. I also don't think people will confuse spec names in WoW with titles of bad movies, like The Beastmaster (note the lack of a space between Beast and master). Btw, there is no Marksmen (which is plural btw) spec named after a 2005 movie with Wesley Snipes. It's called Marksmanship.

BM has been OK as a spec name for more than a decade, it doesn't need changing especially since spec changes are easy and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Lol, if people remember that movie...with titles of bad movies, like The Beastmaster (note the lack of a space between Beast and master)...
    Aww, I love that movie... and Barbarians... with twin body builders Peter and David Paul... the 80's will never die!

On point... if we could tame Dragons... should Survival be renamed Dragoon and with it Disengage becomes Engage: a Heroic Leap type attack that pins the target to the ground.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You don't rename a class after a decade.
    I will not be walked all over by these glaive wielding wanna-bes!

How about you just pretend they're named differently and stop misusing the term OCD like the rest of the world does?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 'hunter' the best as I see it as someone who uses whatever they can to get what they want.
    I would be up for changing spec names though. I've never liked the spec names tbh. 'Beastmaster' I've disliked the most, Marksman could be better (>ranger? eh), 'Survival' is pretty cool, it could be changed to stalker or something now but I highly doubt anything will.

I think they should change everything because I want to be difficult. Hunters should be renamed to "Hunters". It would be a new class where they could do both ranged and melee dps depending on the spec. Maybe give 2 of the specs a pet with one of them being in melee and the other at ranged. And the third spec...oh lawd the third spec....NO PET #GAMECHANGER

Moral of the story is quit complaining. This is a launch class that has never had a problem before. If you get confused (its not OCD you're just easily confused) because Demon Hunter and Hunter is too close in naming then I suggest going back to play Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see them renaming Survival tbh

I still don't understand why Survival is the melee spec, it makes more sense Beastmaster (Rexxar, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I see them renaming Survival tbh

I still don't understand why Survival is the melee spec, it makes more sense Beastmaster (Rexxar, etc)
    In vanilla through wrath Survival retained many strong melee elements, such as counterattack or lacerate. Rexxar also has been shown to use a bow, despite his preferences for axes, not to mention NPC classes are different from character classes so the comparison is irrelevant anyways. That's literally the end all of the reasoning behind why survival is melee and beastmaster is not. There's precedent for both, but in WoW only has survival ever been melee based (from a mechanical perspective, I realize vanilla had gimmicky melee BM builds.)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2015-09-21 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    Tamers. WOW hunters has no connection to irl hunters or fantasy hunters. Real hunters kill animals not tame them.

Old Dan and Liitle Ann disapprove of this statement

10+ Year Old Account
    Change Hunter name since we get Demon Hunter? WTF? Hunters are 10 years older then Demon Hunters, if anything, Demon Hunters need a new name.

However this won't be a problem. Hunters will be called Hunters and Demon Hunters will always be called DH I mean, does anyone actually say Death Knight and not DK?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Change Hunter name since we get Demon Hunter? WTF? Hunters are 10 years older then Demon Hunters, if anything, Demon Hunters need a new name.
    The concept of demon hunter dates back before world of warcraft so calling that class something else wouldn´t make sense either.

In all fairness I think rename any speccs (and classes) is just a waste of time as one of the most likely outcome of that is that most of the community keeps refering to the old names anyways and make it confusing for new people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArclightRL View Post
    I like 'hunter' the best as I see it as someone who uses whatever they can to get what they want.
    I would be up for changing spec names though. I've never liked the spec names tbh. 'Beastmaster' I've disliked the most, Marksman could be better (>ranger? eh), 'Survival' is pretty cool, it could be changed to stalker or something now but I highly doubt anything will.
    The spec names aren't names. The original system with talent trees was supposed to represent aspects of the overall class fantasy. A hunter worked with beasts, worked on their marksmanship, and practiced survival (original name was Outdoorsmanship) in the wilderness. The more you put into a tree, the better you were with that aspect.

Players used the tree names in a shorthand manner "I'm an MM hunter" to indicate which tree they specialized in. Blizzard in the Great Pruning of All That Was Inconvenient to Facebook Gamers (aka Cata) went along with this and created the current spec system.

The only one whose tree name no longer fits is Survival, as it's no longer the tree that had our defenses and ability counters, but a weird "we sort of multi-dot, but not quite" creature. Not saying current SV doesn't have good points, but it's by far the furthest from the original concept with magic dot arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I think it's really just your OCD. Relax, do some good, honest work.

Deleted
    Hunters Are hunters and demon hunters are demon hunters. Visual very different from each other, and also in gameplay /gamestyle. I see no reason to change the name of any of them.