Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Used many keyboards in my time and DasKeyboards blow the others out of the water, much higher build quality than any other example I've used, which includes Ducky Shine 3 (lights blew in weeks, doesn't feel high quality), Razer Black Widow (definitely feels low quality, mine didn't break but two other friends have in <1 year), had good experiences with Logitech keyboards in terms of running long term without problems but don't feel as nice/high quality as das (especially newer models), Corsair keyboards feel alright in terms of quality/solidness (still not as high as Das, but haven't used one long term so can't comment on long term)

Probably others I'm not recalling but they seem to be the main ones brought up in the thread, would not hesitate to recommend Das to anybody.

Would the problem with the lights not be universal? As far as I know they are built into the cherry MX switches (seeing corsair has exclusivity for the RGB ones) so all manufacturers would have the same ones I think?

Other then that the only mechanical keyboard I have is a logitech g910 and I'm quite happy with it, the odd shape of the keys takes a bit getting used to but having a visual handicap it's nice that you can give specific keys a different color and they are quite clear so easier to read which is quite important for me. (when I got it, it was 50€ off on amazon so that helped too )

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To that effect, how are you liking your DAS?
    I like it quite a bit. I don't see myself needing another keyboard for a long, long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Das4 has worse build quality than the K70, go with either ducky, filco, or code (the code's frame is crap, but it holds up well over all)

Had Corsair's K65 for quite a while (almost two years I think), and it still works like a pro. Could easily air blow it and the board will look as if it came out of the box. Will admit that you could get more features from other boards for the same price it still has, but I had no need for lighted keys, colored keys, or 10key space. Having used other boards in the past, I can't go back to plastic, bulky boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Would the problem with the lights not be universal? As far as I know they are built into the cherry MX switches (seeing corsair has exclusivity for the RGB ones) so all manufacturers would have the same ones I think?
    The ones he has aren't the RGB ones. They're even older. These only have an LED just shoved right next to the MX switches. Either way though, Cherry only provides the switches, not the entirety of the keyboard. Circuit boards, frame, PWM modules, etc are all something Corsair has to make / source and assemble or whatever floats it's boat.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-09-11 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Circuit boards, frame, PWM modules, etc are all something Corsair has to make / source and assemble or whatever floats it's boat.
    I see what you did there!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"