7+ Year Old Account

Single Minded Fury?

Is Single Minded Fury worse all around this patch? I currently am using:

Ilvl 705 socket Fel-Burning Blade

Ilvl 700 Leech Maul of Tyranny

I just picked up

Ilvl 710 Indestructible Felstricken Sha'tari Crystalsword

Ilvl 705 Blazing Demonhilt Sword

I always thought SMF and TG were close dps wise where you should go off ilvl. However, even with 10 more ilvls the SMF set is less dps when simming. Is SMF worth it anymore?

They are close, sure, but just go with higher ilvl. 2h will always be better since there is no 735 1h from archimonde. Don't really include sockets when it comes to weapon damage.

I dunno, I'm running Mythic Iron Reaver weapons (one is Wf + Socket) and it sims higher than my 2handers on single target. I've got a HC WF Hellrender + HC Hellrender. I'm the only guy in our raid (dks, offspecs, rets, 3 other dps warriors) that hasn't coined a Calamity's Edge and we've only had one drop and I lost the roll, we've also not had the Council sword drop on Mythic yet and we haven't got to Fel Lord.

On AOE the TG 721/715 setup I feel is superior because it hits harder with bladestorm, on single target there is no question that my SMF setup is stronger. In a perfect World TG is better because Calamity's Edge is the highest ilvl weapon and has perfect stats, but otherwise SMF/TG are fairly even.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It's not worse. In fact it benefits more from EDH and class trinket than TG.

It's only worse in BIS because of the higher ilvl 2h off Archimonde.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    rule of thumb is to always go with the higher ilvl weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Go SMF but TG is undoubtedly better to be just because of the extra hp as long as you have 2handers that are as good or better than your 1handers.
    You don't even know what video games are

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    It's not worse. In fact it benefits more from EDH and class trinket than TG.

It's only worse in BIS because of the higher ilvl 2h off Archimonde.
    And the fact that all of the slightly difficult bosses, I say that for progressing and not now the power creep of the ring has just ruined them all, they're either cleave or aoe which means smf falls behind, this is a tier for arms and bladestorm power, if you want single target dps bring a Mage and a rogue because those bosses melt after 2 minutes.

Which wep enchant for 1h fury?
    How much crit should I aim for?
    Thanks!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goargrim View Post
    Which wep enchant for 1h fury?
    How much crit should I aim for?
    Thanks!
    same as 2h
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.