Deleted

Playstation network Questions

I am about to buy my first console since the PS2 and was wondering about the Playstation network for the PS4, if I buy a game on disk do I need to keep the disk forever or can I re-download it digitally? Also do consoles get bug fixes and updates like PC's do? Thank you for any replies but I know dick about consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I am about to buy my first console since the PS2 and was wondering about the Playstation network for the PS4, if I buy a game on disk do I need to keep the disk forever or can I re-download it digitally? Also do consoles get bug fixes and updates like PC's do? Thank you for any replies but I know dick about consoles.
    You need to keep the disc unless you buy it via the online store digitally.
    Yes they get updates like PC's do.
    PS+ account is required to play any games in online Multiplayer
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

if I buy a game on disk do I need to keep the disk forever or can I re-download it digitally
    Think you'll generally need to buy it digitally to do that. If you own it on-disk you need to keep the disk around. There may be some exceptions, but I'm not aware of them off the top of my head.

Also do consoles get bug fixes and updates like PC's do? Thank you for any replies but I know dick about consoles.
    Yup. Both the OS itself gets semi-regular updates in terms of new/improved features and bugfixes, and games get updates/fixes just like on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    F2P games do not require PS+, but disc-based games (Destiny, Call of Duty, Fifa etc.) require PS+.

Deleted
    Thanks all, is there an option to buy the latest games such as Mad Max, Metal Gear Phantom pain and Dragon age Inquisition online digitally ala Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Not true on all games. F2P games, games with their own sub fee(FFXIV only really that I know of) and Elder Scrolls Online all do not require PS+ to play online.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all, is there an option to buy the latest games such as Mad Max, Metal Gear Phantom pain and Dragon age Inquisition online digitally ala Steam?
    Every game released on PS4 is available digitally, it's a requirement by Sony now.

Most also offer pre load if you preorder and care about that.

Oh and they're also better them steam digitally since you can start playing the games long before they are fully downloaded. You download the necessary shit to start the game and the rest will download in the background while you play.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-09-11 at 11:40 PM.

Of course, you can buy & download them day 1. You can also preorder via PSN.

Why don't you try creating a PSN account and accessing PSStore through your PC browser to see exactly what's up: https://store.playstation.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurigo View Post

Why don't you try creating a PSN account and accessing PSStore through your PC browser to see exactly what's up: https://store.playstation.com/
    Done, it is the same price as the steam PC version for Witcher 3 and the same price as an ebay disk, online payments rule thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurigo View Post

Also, the PS Store has some pretty decent sales from time to time. It's not quite at Steam quality, but still very good.

And Amazon sells PS4 digital games as well: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Ne...ode=1289533011

So you're not just stuck with PSN in case you want to hunt for better deals.

be warry about putting your credit card info into your playstation online account as they have at least been hacked twice maby more times, but shit via amazon or cards with psn ballances from the grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    be warry about putting your credit card info into your playstation online account as they have at least been hacked twice maby more times, but shit via amazon or cards with psn ballances from the grocery stores.
    PSN got breached once, that I remember, and only encrypted card data (with no fraud that I remember) accessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    PSN got breached once, that I remember, and only encrypted card data (with no fraud that I remember) accessed.
    Yep, and if you're that paranoid you can always use paypal to pay for purchases on PSN...

it got breached a second time and peoples information which was stored in plaintext was accessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    it got breached a second time and peoples information which was stored in plaintext was accessed.
    That was Sony Pictures, not SCEA/J/E. Different division entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any way to change psn name ?

Yeah....and they went down for a long time after that.

Though...got some free games out of the whole ordeal...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you have PS+ make sure you check the PSN store the first week of each month for your free games, they usually have some decent (or at the very least fun for an hour) titles up.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Old old thread, please check date before posting.