Page 1 of 41
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805

    HotS motivational thread, what have you accomplished today?

    Just wanted something a bit more positive to counteract the other thread hanging around. If you have gotten a specific rank up, gotten a new hero, gotten a level or skin, talk about it.

    Just got Anub'arak to 7, so got a new skin. Shooting for 8 since I love the ice theme since I mostly remember Anub from the Argent Tournament raid. Also started playing Li Li again and found my love for her. I think I had a run of bad games with her when I played her last. As a support, you can only do so much to sway your team to victory. If the rest of the team doesn't group up, doesn't do well in team fights and makes me solo lane, it's supremely frustrating. But had a run of good games with her and now I remember again why she's my favorite support. She's fast, got great heals and has a handy blind. And she's adorable.

    Next on the block is getting Abathur to 8. I eventually want to get him to 10 for the zerg portrait since I already have Zagara at 10. Also slowly getting Li Li to 10. I intend to get her master skin eventually.

  2. #2
    Got Thrall to level 9, beginning the grind to 10 now after deciding I want his master skin. Even with the shortfalls, still find him my most fun hero to play.

  3. #3
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    19,203
    Hit platinum rating on hotslogs in hero league again after I lost it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #4
    Nothing; I only want to play Rexxar and get his Master Skin, but his riding animation on the (matching) Ironside War Wolf is off (as he's sitting on the wolf's tail instead of in the saddle). Don't want to spend 50+ games grinding up a hero on a mount I don't like (the kodo, which is the only one he properly fits), so I'm waiting for patch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Just wanted something a bit more positive to counteract the other thread hanging around
    Where is this "other thread?" Kick me out of here and send me there!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Paladin / Warrior / My Anime List - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  5. #5
    Got Illidan to lvl 9 for the 750g, did my daily, and...well, actually that's about it. I usually only get around 4 games in on work days, so I played 2 games as a Diablo hero(hadn't played Leoric in awhile so busted him out, then decided to bring out Butcher) for my daily, then the 2 games it took me to level Illidan. Don't care about master skin for him, so not concerned about getting him farther.

  6. #6
    i dropped from rank 9 to rank 10 in HL.

  7. #7
    Yeah I mostly just get my dailies done, I'm only about 3-4 games from getting Tychus to 9 though. Then probably Malfurion next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Where is this "other thread?" Kick me out of here and send me there!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-sad-game-here!

    People usually use that thread to say how things are going wrong for them, so I wanted something that focused on the brighter side of things.

  9. #9
    Decided to start tanking in hero league, always worried my map awareness wasn't up to par, but so far win rate is around 75% - saving for Leoric to start really carrying the ranks.
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    HotS blizz group link
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Hanzo, the Master Assassin

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

  10. #10
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Decided to start tanking in hero league, always worried my map awareness wasn't up to par, but so far win rate is around 75% - saving for Leoric to start really carrying the ranks.
    Nice! Going for Leoric as well when I get the gold. At 6.5k now, so in a few more days I'll be good. So far my go-to's are Anub'arak and Leoric for warrior, Li Li for support, Butcher for Assassin and Zagara or Sgt. Hammer for specialists. I'll eventually get Kael'Thas and Nova for funsies. Hoping the Medic will be a fun support.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Sir Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nexus
    Posts
    1,203
    Had a guy AFK first pick Diablo, but I've never been the guy to trash people's picks. We zone into the game and I tell him "Diablow, make me a believer." Eventually, the whole team expresses their faith in Satan himself. Penetrating Round into Apocalypse is a fun combo and we ended up winning. So here's to people who don't trash people for AFK picks and are willing to give them a chance.

    #HailSatan
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

  12. #12
    Warchief Muis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,114
    We just won a match in 7 minutes on Infernal Shrines.
    20-4 - 2 punishers for us.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    We just won a match in 7 minutes on Infernal Shrines.
    20-4 - 2 punishers for us.
    Must have had a very damage heavy comp. That's pretty crazy. I know shrines is far from balanced, but winning on the second punisher is still pretty damn impressive.

  14. #14
    Warchief Muis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Must have had a very damage heavy comp. That's pretty crazy. I know shrines is far from balanced, but winning on the second punisher is still pretty damn impressive.
    Our team: Zeratul / Rexxar / Arthas / Sylvanas / Butcher
    Enemy team: Zeratul / Raynor / Thrall / Kerrigan / Sgt. Hammer

  15. #15
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Our team: Zeratul / Rexxar / Arthas / Sylvanas / Butcher
    Enemy team: Zeratul / Raynor / Thrall / Kerrigan / Sgt. Hammer
    Yeah, I can see how that would work against them. Thrall is pretty easy to kill if he gets a little out of position. Sgt. Hammer is great when the team covers for her, otherwise she's an easy target. But no warrior or support definately worked against them.

  16. #16
    A buddy and I decided to play together for the first time in ages--last time, people basically just kept picking on him for using generally bad heroes.

    This time we did Butcher (me) and Zeebro (him) and we had 8 QM wins in a row before some random Valla started trash talking both of us since apparently Butcher takes no skill and Zeebro without Ravenous Spirit is "garbage tier". Though we still won, neither of us really bit back and the Diablo on our team was super nice because apparently they had that particular Valla before. We added him and have been playing since.

    More recently, there was a Muradin/Nova combo on the other team who were mega aggressive. They weren't good or bad, just always went for it. As such, I spent most of the game without capped off meat until 20, but my buddy and Devilfrand were sort of the kings. A few games later, we got that Nova and Muradin who recognized us and immediately started trash talking even though we were on the same team. They AFK booted and though we didn't win, the Zeratul on the other team (who I am convinced is an elder god because he was ridiculously good) also recognized them and added us all after the game. I went from just me and a buddy to making a few new friends and having a great team.

  17. #17
    Legendary! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentKen View Post
    A buddy and I decided to play together for the first time in ages--last time, people basically just kept picking on him for using generally bad heroes.

    This time we did Butcher (me) and Zeebro (him) and we had 8 QM wins in a row before some random Valla started trash talking both of us since apparently Butcher takes no skill and Zeebro without Ravenous Spirit is "garbage tier". Though we still won, neither of us really bit back and the Diablo on our team was super nice because apparently they had that particular Valla before. We added him and have been playing since.

    More recently, there was a Muradin/Nova combo on the other team who were mega aggressive. They weren't good or bad, just always went for it. As such, I spent most of the game without capped off meat until 20, but my buddy and Devilfrand were sort of the kings. A few games later, we got that Nova and Muradin who recognized us and immediately started trash talking even though we were on the same team. They AFK booted and though we didn't win, the Zeratul on the other team (who I am convinced is an elder god because he was ridiculously good) also recognized them and added us all after the game. I went from just me and a buddy to making a few new friends and having a great team.
    That's amazing, good for all of you! Maybe you guys can give team league a shot in the future.

  18. #18
    Warchief Muis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,114
    Yay, got Zeratul to level 9 now aswell

    I should really play less.

  19. #19
    The Magniflorious Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    16,166
    Knocked ETC out of doing a four man ult with a Butcher charge, allowing our team to promptly slaughter their two squishies who were coming in for easy kills and win the game.

    Also not today, but Nova to level 11 yesterday.
    General Off-Topic Forum Moderator

  20. #20
    Uther to level 9! Also started playing Team League with 4 friends for the first time. We played 3 games and completly stomped in all of them.
    <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •