Trying to tame Gara, but can't get past first step?

So, I recently fell back in love with my hunter and remembered Gara. I rolled down to the starting spot in Shadowmoon, but I just get the generic dialog box... no scratching the ears or showing Gara the berries for me. I even had the berries in my pack when I talked to it... nothing. This toon has never been anything but BM, so I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I tried dropping the berries and obtaining "fresh" ones, but no change. Logged off and back on... nothing.

Not sure what to do next... I suppose I could try to move on to the next step and see if the Effigy parts drop for me. Or is this quest bugged after the recent patch. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/09/ga...-taming-quest/ It's the guide i used when the expansion first launched.

As far as not getting any dialog options.. I think you can talk with Gara without any berries first, to scratch behind the ear.. if that doesn't work maybe its a zone phasing issues. Currently on any event quests? Try dropping them and getting an invite to another realm to phase over.

If that fails, i suggest opening a ticket as it's highly possible something might be bugged for you!

Turns out I had already talked to Gara. I tried collecting items and they dropped... I already had 2 or 3 of them in my bags. Took about 45 minutes of killing void critters before Xan showed his face.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhoaf View Post
    Turns out I had already talked to Gara. I tried collecting items and they dropped... I already had 2 or 3 of them in my bags. Took about 45 minutes of killing void critters before Xan showed his face.

Thanks!
    Gaara has to make the killing blow on the void critters then Xan will show. Thats what I read in a Guide and it worked for me, he spawned after the first mob.