Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pirate's Day, Armory Stats, Blizzard and Random House Partnership, Tweets, Fan Art

Feedback and Suggestions Compilation, How to Archon, Crafting 25 Legendary Fists

Hearthstone September Loot Crate Items - Free Card Pack!

Americas Championship This Weekend and Sale, Monk Solo Support SEL Match

Pirate's Day
    Pirates' Day is here again. The only recent change to the event is the addition of Big Bag of Booty.

Armory Stats - Pirate's Day and Day of the Dead
    Today we are looking at how players are doing on the completion of Pirates' Day and Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead doesn't take place until November, but it is close to Blizzcon, so hopefully we will be busy with news by then.

Today's data is from 2.1 million players active since August 1, 2015.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Name Percent Points Category
    The Captain's Booty Drink with the Dread Captain DeMeza to join her crew during Pirates' Day.
    35.61% 10World Events
    Dead Man's Party Dance with Catrina to become a skeleton during the Day of the Dead.
    47.30% 10World Events
    To The Afterlife Defeat a contender while wearing a contender's outfit purchased during Day of the Dead.
    9.72% 5World Events
    Vientos! Defeat 20 contenders while wearing a contender's outfit purchased during Day of the Dead.
    4.73% 5World Events
    Calavera Defeat 50 contenders while wearing a contender's outfit purchased during Day of the Dead.
    4.13% 10World Events

Patch 6.2 - Naval Hats
    If you are looking for Naval themed hats for Pirate's Day, don't forget about the new hats added in Patch 6.2. There is also the Ghostly Iron Buccaneer's Hat, which will transform you into a skeleton pirate for an hour! It is a ~37% drop from Captain Ironbeard in Tanaan Jungle.

Level Type Name Source
    100Other Ghostly Iron Buccaneer's HatLooted
    1Cosmetic Captain's Hat Petty Officer
    1Cosmetic Captain's Hat Petty Officer
    1Cosmetic Fleet Commander's Hat Charting a Course
    1Cosmetic Fleet Commander's Hat Charting a Course

Blizzard Entertainment and Random House LLC Partner for New Novels
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Good news, book lovers! Next year you can look forward two new exciting novels from Blizzard Entertainment universes. So prepare yourself for World of Warcraft: Illidan by William King due to release in March, and for an original StarCraft novel by New York Times bestselling author Timothy Zahn. We will be localizing these books in several different languages so stay tuned for more details!

Additionally, we're pleased to announce that Blizzard Entertainment and Random House LLC will be partnering up to publish not only the novels mentioned above but many more from the Warcraft universe, StarCraft universe, and other Blizzard universes.

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Do you think you can devote too many resources trying to "outdo" yourself that you deliver good content but too little of it?
    Easily. This is a big problem in game development. I preach the mantra "the enemy of good is perfect." (OccupyGStreet)

In the past, being behind on content was OK (Kara, SSC, etc). Is being behind current content really an issue? What changed?
    The team worked hard on Ulduar, but many players weren't ready for the content and didn't participate. (OccupyGStreet)
    We didn't want a model where later tiers saw less and less participation. Not sure that was the right call, but that was the logic (OccupyGStreet)

More real talk: are MMO subs REALLY cyclical? Which has changed more: game design or gamers? Which influenced the other more?
    I think players have just "been there / done that." RTS as a genre isn't as widespread as it used to be either. (OccupyGStreet)
    Blizzard does fine with their MMO and RTS but the list drops off quickly after them. (OccupyGStreet)
    Some genres seem more evergreen, principally FPS and some RPGs. MMO may need to innovate dramatically to stay vibrant as a genre. (OccupyGStreet)
    Do you think it's because gameplay is "second" in MMOs (and usually dull, compared to FPS)? Or because of the "casual" shift.
    I think something about FPS gameplay is evergreen. You don't get bored of those games for some reason. (OccupyGStreet)

World of Warcraft Skyrim Mods
    johnskyrim is back, sharing a Judgement Armor Skyrim mod on Reddit today. We also included some of his previous work.

great, more Greg "Literally Who" Street tweets

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He offers an interesting perspective due to his previous position and they're usually much more informative than the average blues exchange with block-headed players who do nothing but cry and complain.

"So prepare yourself for World of Warcraft: Illidan by William King due to release in March" I guess they think 6.2 can last until May/June huh. There goes our hopes and dreams of Jan/Febuary launch thanks for making half an expansion for more upfront price and make it just as unsupported as 5.4 was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've seen those mods before, never downloaded them since I prefer to stay lore friendly, but they're pretty good. Just goes to show how good graphics can be with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasn View Post
    Why does it bother you? It doesn't affect you, and some people enjoy them.

great, more Dasn "Literally Who" whining posts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    "So prepare yourself for World of Warcraft: Illidan by William King due to release in March" I guess they think 6.2 can last until May/June huh. There goes our hopes and dreams of Jan/Febuary launch thanks for making half an expansion for more upfront price and make it just as unsupported as 5.4 was.
    I'm confused you would have those dreams when chilton said point black the expansion is coming out around the same time as the movie. Which is June. It's mind blowing that people try to ignore the facts. Hell look at all the other expansions. They all had a year of nothing. No clue why you expected this to be any different.

Deleted
    For me a June realease if at best hopeful its probally coming out after the movie dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    great, more Dasn "Literally Who" whining posts

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused you would have those dreams when chilton said point black the expansion is coming out around the same time as the movie. Which is June. It's mind blowing that people try to ignore the facts. Hell look at all the other expansions. They all had a year of nothing. No clue why you expected this to be any different.
    Yes they all had a year of nothing BUTTTTTT they all had more content patches during the expansions lifespan. Which meant in 5.4 during the drought you had a little bit of 5.3 content alot of 5.2 content good amount of 5.1 story and in my opinion a strong 5.0 to go back through if you got bored and thats not even mentioning 5.4 itself. WoD has a mediocre 6.2 which is done and over with in terms of solo play, 6.1 has been said by high up devs that it shouldnt have even been called a fucking patch and a decent 6.0 launch patch. thats half the content of MoP and yet we STILL have to wait a fucking year. That doubled team size sure is working hard. If they try to make 6.2 last 1 year they will be under 2million subs.

darn now everyone will have the contenders toys.

Actually, he said the complete opposite of that, he said the release date of the expansion isn't tied at all to the release date of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah sweet! I'll have to check that new armour out. Johnskyrim has released some quality weapons on the nexus and that looks just as good. I wonder if he included alternate body types support.

a illidan novel!

a story from the best created anti-hero ever!

a must have!

Timothy Zahn? Oh might have to buy that Starcraft novel...

right? who cares what this guy says about wow he is irrelevant ever since he left the game.

Holy crap, these Skyrim mods look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by wellofsouls View Post
    right? who cares what this guy says about wow he is irrelevant ever since he left the game.
    Considering what his job was and what his job currently is, I'd say what he has to say about the game that is in the current state is far from irrelevant

You seriously thought that Legion would release in Q1?

Wow.

Just...wow.

Even if the beta were p and running right now, that's still pushing it.

6-8 months of Tanaan. I'm so glad I don't play anymore.

Pirate's day already? damn time flies

15+ Year Old Account
    That Skyrim mod looks insane! Time to fire it up once more.