View Poll Results: Is taking advantage of someone drunk Rape?

Voters
584. This poll is closed
  • Yes

294 50.34%
  • No

290 49.66%
Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Is taking advantage of someone drunk Rape?

Im not referring to passed out drunk or incoherent drunk. I'm referring to drunk enough to loose all inhibitions all self restraint drunk. the level of drunkenness you will do things you wouldn't do sober
    Is it rape to take advantage of someone's loss of all inhibitions and self restraint that they wouldn't have had sex if they was sober
    Is that Rape?
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-09-20 at 01:11 AM.

Legally I dont think so, morally its close.

Depends if you're flawed enough that they'll regret you.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that's rape, people commit mutual rape all the time.

Blackout drunk or unable to say no, sure. But just lost inhibitions? You're still responsible for your own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Im not referring to pass out drunk or incoherent drunk. I'm referring to drunk enough to loose all inhibitions all self restraint drunk. the level of drunkenness you will do things you wouldn't do sober
    Is it rape to take advantage of someone's lose of all inhibitions and self restraint that they wouldn't have had sex if they was sober
    Is that Rape?
    No. Having spent just as much time drunk as the next person in my college years I can tell you with complete honesty that there is nothing I would do drunk that I would not do sober, and with a hell of a lot more potential to complete.

Anyone that says otherwise is not only lying to you but lying to themsleves.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Yes, because you didn't ask them for their consent while they are not aware. They must be aware in order to say yes or no. Otherwise bye bye, jail time for you and you get branded as sex offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    No. Having spent just as much time drunk as the next person in my college years I can tell you with complete honesty that there is nothing I would do drunk that I would not do sober, and with a hell of a lot more potential to complete.

Anyone that says otherwise is not only lying to you but lying to themsleves.
    This is 95% true, though the exceptions are rare. I wouldn't blow $6000 in one night in Vegas sober. Plastered out of my mind...well...you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Legally I dont think so, morally its close.
    Not sure there could be a legal case for rape
    giving consent is a forum of a verbal contract and as with written contracts they are not valid if in any way you are mentally impaired when you signed it

No way. Take some personal responsibility. If you're consenting while intoxicated, you're consenting. If you're blackout drunk, you're not consenting.

It's different if you get drugged into it or a sober person is somehow forcing you to some kind of intoxication with the intent to bang.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Depends if you're flawed enough that they'll regret you.
    This x1000

Thank you frothing-mouthed feminazis, for your contributions to society, and paving the way for women to legally turn 'regret' into 'rape' because you lack the self-control over your lady-bits to not fuck ugly randoms while inebriated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    This is 95% true, though the exceptions are rare. I wouldn't blow $6000 in one night in Vegas sober. Plastered out of my mind...well...you know...
    yeah. some can control things better but for the most part that is just semantics.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    This x1000

Thank you frothing-mouthed feminazis, for your contributions to society, and paving the way for women to legally turn 'regret' into 'rape' because you lack the self-control over your lady-bits to not fuck ugly randoms while inebriated.
    pease don't make this into a feminism bash fest the powers at be don't like it when you insult one of their special interest groups

Deleted
    Not in any sane persons wildest imagination. Having poor judgement doesn't mean you are unaware of your actions. As you are not unaware of your own actions then you are also responsible for them. You may regret your decisions afterwards but in that case you do what everyone else does. Laugh it the fuck off and accept you're a dumb cunt who can't handle your drink and get better at handling it in the future.

I wouldn't say it's rape but I find it immoral as fuck

OK I will play devils advacate here because the 11 that says yes it is rape haven't defended there position

you have what is called legal age of consent because persons below a certain age aren't mentally mature enough to give consent
    so if that is correct when you are drunk don't you loose maturity in your decisions there for can't give unimpaired consent?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    pease don't make this into a feminism bash fest the powers at be don't like it when you insult one of their special interest groups
    I second this notion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not referring to passed out drunk or incoherent drunk. I'm referring to drunk enough to loose all inhibitions all self restraint drunk. the level of drunkenness you will do things you wouldn't do sober
    Is it rape to take advantage of someone's loss of all inhibitions and self restraint that they wouldn't have had sex if they was sober
    Is that Rape?
    No.

DOing something that you otherwise wouldn't do or be conscious about is kind of the point of getting drunk.

Deleted
    OK I will play devils advacate here because the 11 that says yes it is rape haven't defended there position

you have what is called legal age of consent because persons below a certain age aren't mentally mature enough to give consent
    so if that is correct when you are drunk don't you loose maturity in your decisions there for can't give unimpaired consent?
    Just for fun lets say yes. What about lethal DUI? What about raping or murdering someone while being intoxicated? Are those people not responsible for their crimes? So just because someones judgement is impaired we should make them legally incompetent during the duration of their intoxication?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    In college I got really really drunk. I met this girl and we hooked up. Does that mean she took advantage of me?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I do not think that it is rape, precisely, it's more of a case by case study kind of thing... Do I think that it's stupid, tempting discord with an stranger who's judgement is impaired, risking a lot on the matter for merely a single night of sex? Absolutely.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!