10+ Year Old Account

Arena and Hunters

Hey guys,

So I've been playing this class since the very first day WoW was released and no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to dominate in Arena with my Hunter. I've tried all 3 specs and although I win a few, I still feel like I could be doing 1000x better but I can't quite figure it out.

When I arena with my other classes, whether it be my Paladin, Rogue, Mage.. I'm in full control and I know exactly what I'm doing, with Hunter it seems I'm trying really hard to delay Deterrence but I'm always forced to pop as I'm dropping too fast. Then you have the problem with LoS screwing up focus and burst damage.

I'm absolutely fine in World PvP and BG's but I just can't figure Arena out

Would love for some tips or maybe some highly recommended videos to watch, etc.

Kiting, using los to your advantage and knowing when to go offensive/defensive + landing traps. Those are most important segments of hunter arena imo. Hunter forum on arenajunkies.com has very nice guide by dillypoo. twitch.tv = tazgg, dillypoo69, glinkzs, jellybeansxo are some great hunters streaming and often explaining whats going on and why, with vods available.

10+ Year Old Account
    cheers mate, I'll check out those streamers and their past broadcasts

appreciated

Deleted
    No expert on arenas as ive only started enjoying them in the last two weeks but heres some clips I actually uploaded this morning. Running lone wolf in some arenas which everyone else here will probably tell you not to do but yolo

Anyway some tips: Land traps, binding shot onto them after, intrupt with counter, feign and camo- camo gets you that little bit of heal and BANDAGES. Every little helps those banadages probably won that 2v1 mage attack.

Short clip of just some Arena Skirms while sitting during a raid night but shows good usage of traps, defensives, and other hunter utility to avoid death in a 2v1 against a Feral/Warr. Sorry if video isn't the best quality.

Orionid <Vindicatum> Icecrown-US
    www.twitch.tv/facial_sh0tzz

I play SV which IMO is the best arena spec. Posthaste, Binding Shot, Spirit Bond, TotH, MoC, Glaive, Exotic Munitions. Major Glyphs: Snake Trap, Explosive Trap, Solace.
    Last edited by Orionid; 2015-09-22 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    No expert on arenas as ive only started enjoying them in the last two weeks but heres some clips I actually uploaded this morning. Running lone wolf in some arenas which everyone else here will probably tell you not to do but yolo

Anyway some tips: Land traps, binding shot onto them after, intrupt with counter, feign and camo- camo gets you that little bit of heal and BANDAGES. Every little helps those banadages probably won that 2v1 mage attack.
    Nothing wrong play wise here, so dont take anything personal. But in skirmish/1K mmr 2s. ANYTHING works. If you would go in to a 1500+ rated game where your opponent acutally have skills keybinded you would get annihalated in 3 seconds without sac/freedom/bond.