Mythic Tyrant Help

Hello,

We've gotten through the easy guys, and spent our first real night on Tyrant last week. We did have to 5 heal since we had attendance issues as well, but here's our first night of logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aWDvYFMLq6NH2JtP

Bigger issues

Warlock Gates/Edict Sac
    We may not have a warlock...yeah, we're trying to recruit one and ours recently poofed for a week and came back without posting or telling anyone and was like "oh yeah my comp broke." Before he left, his performance was also really low, but with how critical they seem we may have to bring in an under achiever just because of his class.

We do have shadow priest that could grip out and dispersion at least one or two, but one of them also has sketchy attendance and from the logs you can see the other was low D:

4 heal instead of 5 heal
    We were combining two different strats on our first night of attempts. We either make sure to always beat the tempest plus edict combo, or we plan to swap to the add and kill it and then push the boss after this combo right? We were somehow pushing her before the tempest edict combo even with 5 healers.

However, I see a lot more kills with 4 healing. Suggested comp is usually disc, shaman, paladin, monk. So it really depends if our healers can handle it, but that seems to be the right way to go correct?

Which means either way we need to properly use cool downs. That'll be it's own section later as this was a big problem again.

Low DPS
    We had some low as shit dps, period. I have links to logs and showing off things on how people aren't anywhere near others so hopefully they'll pick it up. We were routinely 5-10% behind on phase 2 getting it pushed at like 25% health or so, which we should be aiming for 30 or 35% with 5 healing, 35 or 40% with 4 healing right?

Handling Phase 1 Add
    Seems if people 5 heal they plan to get the tempest/edict combo and kill it then go into phase 2.

With 4 healing it seems to depend on passive cleave where some guilds just focus the boss and the add stays up as long as it stays up usually dying around 60%, or if they're low on the cleave then push boss to 75% and then focus add, then back on boss full time once it hits 70%.

Any other way to do it? Suggestions as to which is best?

Edict Handling
    This is big as I'm not sure we're going to be able to sac the 4th one especially without a lock gate. It's going to depend on when we push probably. If we push out of phase 2 and get the 4th after then yes. If not we may have to stack CDs for it.

From what I can see some guilds go with sac 4, 5, 6 and beat the boss before 7 which will be essential for us if we don't have a lock.

Cool Downs on edicts and phase 3
    This is where we really need to get better and be more prepared moving forward. We seemed to have a ton of CDs on ones that really shouldn't need much of anything especially with 5 healers, and then nothing on the phase 2 one's that always seemed to end up killing people.

We should be able to stack a bunch of CDs on edict 3 or 4, whichever is the one right before we sac group, and then for the gavel plus add combo or close in succession.

Any suggestions on how to better handle these?

I've been ripping through logs all weekend, but any other suggestions or tips from people that killed it would be groovy!
    Last edited by Chewtoy; 2015-09-15 at 05:09 AM.

We had a derpy week and struggled early on so only got a real hour of progression on this boss. It was cut short as well since we didn't have healing CDs correct or ready at all when we got there. We dropped from 5 healing to 4, phase 2 dps was almost ok, let some heals through.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...21d6B#fight=37

This is what we ended up for healing CDs and I can't help but think it's wrong.

Like Roggendorf said the bad ones seem to be 3 and 4...and we didn't really load them up at all. We also have like nothing ready for the gavel and add combo which really worries me but I was ignored every time I brought it up. We also thought it was smart to try to sac 4 which I don't think is the correct way to do it without a lock honestly, nor can we when we burn all our rez's still in the first two phases due to poor play.

Current set up:

Edict:
    1- Ori Devo - Sneaky bomb - Kirk AMZ - Tree
    2 - Druz Rally - Wind HTT - Black AMZ
    3 - Wind SLT - Tranq - Wings/NV
    4 - Lorn Barrier - Smoke Bomb - Wind Asc - Healing Ring --- but we were suiciding...what?
    5 - Portal Suicide
    6 - Portal Suicide
    7 - Portal Suicide

Phase 3 Gavel:
    1 - Ori Devo - Kirk AMZ - VEs - Tree
    Add Knock back at 31% - SLT, Rally ------ this is a lot of throughput, but like no damage reduction
    2 - Druz Rally - Wind HTT - Black AMZ - Wings
    3 - EVERYTHING YOU CAN

I would really like some feedback and suggestions and help really hammering this out so we can net a kill next week. Thanks for any input!

Not to give you a hard time but this really isn't the place for such a discussion, and you've already posted in the Raid & Dungeon forums. There's already been a similar response in your other thread.

In all that text, you mentioned warriors exactly zero times.

This is the warrior forum.

Figure it out.

Did I miss a memo? Last tier we had discussion topics on Blackhand, Blast Furnace, Maiden's and more. Some started by me, others started by other members of our community. Before that there were discussions on Brackenspore, Tectus, Ko'ragh. Emancptr, Odeanathus, Uchiro, Eddy, hell even Lyuben chimed in a bunch and even though he's a bear we still love him, and more contributed and I know they helped immensely, not only on our guild's kills but other people shared that they appreciated that the discussions were there.

Never did they specifically only talk about warriors. Never did anyone come into them and showcase the response the last two discussions I started on Xhul/Tyrant here have received.

Is that really the precedent we want to set as a community?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    Did I miss a memo? Last tier we had discussion topics on Blackhand, Blast Furnace, Maiden's and more. Some started by me, others started by other members of our community. Before that there were discussions on Brackenspore, Tectus, Ko'ragh. Emancptr, Odeanathus, Uchiro, Eddy, hell even Lyuben chimed in a bunch and even though he's a bear we still love him, and more contributed and I know they helped immensely, not only on our guild's kills but other people shared that they appreciated that the discussions were there.

Never did they specifically only talk about warriors. Never did anyone come into them and showcase the response the last two discussions I started on Xhul/Tyrant here have received.

Yes, because 90% of these people are autistic as fucking shit (you're right)
    You don't even know what video games are

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post

Just because it happened previously doesn't mean it was the right course of action; just because someone answers a question doesn't set any sort of legal precedence requiring you to get an answer now.

The reason you got the response you got is because this isn't the place for such a discussion. This is the Warrior forum, not the D&R forum. If you have Warrior specific questions regarding these encounters, I'm sure you can find many people happy to answer them, but simply reposting your topic from the Dungeon and Raid forum doesn't entitle you to any other response than the one you've been given.

Moderation is typically pretty light, but it's also one of the reasons threads get locked and deleted. It's about keeping the forums clean, and conversations contained to the proper topics. Your topic does not belong there for the same reason you don't see Pet Battles or League of Legends threads being discussed in this forum.

Deleted
    Lets try and calm down a bit here, I don't think this warrants any locking or deleting but as already said; this probably isn't the best place to make a post like this