10+ Year Old Account

Coming Soon: TwitchCon and Stronghold Beta Event!

Coming Soon: TwitchCon
    and Stronghold Beta Event!

by Regina Buenaobra on September 23, 2015

Join Us at TwitchCon!

We’ll be in San Francisco this week for TwitchCon. We’ll be presenting two full days of programming from the ArenaNet booth (#827), which we’ll stream to the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel. To get more details and watch live, check out our Guild Wars 2 TwitchCon page.

First Looks and Reveals

Watch the world premiere of the launch trailer for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. You won’t want to miss this!

Tune in to our livestream as host Rubi Bayer chats with Game Designer Irenio Calmon-Huang, who will provide an in-depth look at the ranger’s elite specialization.

Special guests will join us for several of our presentations, including popular streamers from the Guild Wars 2 community.

Developer Discussion, Behind the Scenes, and More!

Join ArenaNet developers for a discussion about Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns features, a preview of upcoming skill balances, a behind-the-scenes look at voice acting for Guild Wars 2, the making of the launch trailer, and some fun surprises.

Stronghold Beta Event

We’re hosting Stronghold exhibition matches at TwitchCon, but if you can’t make it, we have our Stronghold Beta Event happening that weekend.

From September 25 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7) to September 28 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7), everyone will have the chance to play our brand-new competitive PvP mode, Stronghold! For more information about Stronghold, check out this blog post.

Can’t Make It to TwitchCon? Join Us Online!

Keep your eyes on the TwitchCon web page to watch the livestream. We’ll be streaming all day on September 25 and 26 from 10:00 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 6:00 PM Pacific Time (UTC-7).

We’ll have prize giveaways from our awesome partners, Sennheiser, Nvidia, and Corsair, during our livestream, so join us—you could win some fantastic gaming peripherals!

Our team will be posting regular updates on our social-media channels. If you don’t follow us already, you can check us out on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, and Flickr.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/c...ld-beta-event/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-09-23 at 04:19 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/twitchcon-2015/

September 25–26, 2015

Join ArenaNet at TwitchCon for two days of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns presentations, interviews, and discussion!

Moscone West
    800 Howard St. (at the corner of Fourth St.)
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    Guild Wars 2 Booth: #827

Booth Activities
    • Play the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns demo and get Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns goodies.
    • Play Guild Wars 2 in the LAN area and participate in Player vs. Player exhibition matches.
    • Watch ArenaNet developer presentations.
    • See some of your favorite Guild Wars 2 Twitch community streamers.
    • Meet ArenaNet developers.
    • Watch Our Presentation on Twitch’s Main Stage
    • We’re presenting on the Twitch main stage on Friday, September 25, at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7). Tune in for the world premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch trailer. We’ll also be streaming this on our Twitch channel.

Are You a Twitch Partner?
    We’ll have a presentation in the VIP Lounge on Friday, September 25, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).

If you’d like to make an appointment, please fill in this form. You can also stop by our booth to set up a meeting during TwitchCon.

Livestream Programming Schedule*

We’ll be streaming all day on September 25 and 26 from 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7) to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7), so join ArenaNet developers and special guests for presentations, community spotlights, and more!

Friday, September 25
    • Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
    • First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
    • Musical Performance
    • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
    • Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
    • Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
    • PvP Discussion
    • WvW Discussion
    • Masteries
    • Skill Balance Preview
    • And more!

Saturday, September 26
    • Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
    • Returning to Guild Wars 2
    • Making of the Launch Trailer
    • Legendary Journey
    • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
    • Story Missions
    • Intro to PvP
    • Heart of Thorns Maps
    • Community Showcase Live
    • Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
    • And more!

*Schedule and content is subject to change.

Watch Live
    http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Not in San Francisco? Join Us Online!
    Keep your eyes on this page to watch the livestream. We’ll have prize giveaways from Sennheiser, Nvidia, and Corsair during our livestream, and you could win some awesome gaming peripherals!

Our team will be posting regular updates on our social-media channels. If you don’t follow us already, you can follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, and Flickr.

Partners
    ArenaNet is proud to team up with our world-class partners for this event:
    • Alienware
    • Corsair Gaming
    • Sennheiser
    • Nvidia

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/twitchcon-2015/
    Valar morghulis

Since I recently discovered I have a ticket, I may swing by for the voice actor bit on Saturday if Nolan North is there.

Deleted
    druid new meta :^)

Heh, Druid looks like the first real healing class. Nice. I think it may well be OP in WvW zergs, but that is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Rangers also able to get wyverns, smokescales and other HoT creatures as pets. Looks damn cool.

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder they left Druid as last. It's godlike.

Deleted
    as an avid healer in most games, druid might become my new main. from all the HoT news this is the one thing i'm actually sort of hyped about :P

I'll have to say goodbye to my ele though. those ~1500 hours I spent with you were fun </3

WTB that GW2 toaster.

Deleted
    this stream sure is a wild ride

- - - Updated - - -

quaggan poetics, gameshows, cooking with granny..

Zerker meta dead anet? Challenge accepted
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    this stream sure is a wild ride

- - - Updated - - -

quaggan poetics, gameshows, cooking with granny..
    That music segment was very good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, Colin just announced that we can play the first raid encounter on next weekend's beta weekend. Can't wait for that.

Deleted
    has the trailer been on yet? right at when it was about to go up twitch crashes on me -_-

Yeah, just 30 seconds ago. Very good trailer. Only was about a minute long (if that). Basically it was Rytlock being a badass and I'm assuming Mordremoth showing up at the end. Also, I'm glad that Mordremoth didn't look like a typical dragon.

EDIT - Here it is...

- - - Updated - - -

Some info on the upcoming balance patch coming on Tuesday. Big info, RIP Ice Bow meta. 50% nerf and max 3 people damage. I'm guessing that will kill those groups that use linecasting to cheese through dungeon speedruns.

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/26/gw2-twitchcon-skill-balance-update-preview/
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-09-25 at 10:16 PM.

The mesmer changes are stupid. Nerf to PU and a 10% damage buff to MH sword? That's it?

woligjhwiojowihgnjwojgo

- - - Updated - - -

Thief Pistol getting damage buffs – 20%+
    Is Anet that dense with pistol theif? Damage wasn't the problem ffs

Also warriors got all buffs and increased stun durations lololol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

GW2 Twitchcon Legendary Journey in HoT

Dulfy has a good write up on the Legendary weapon track discussed today on the stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to see the druid in WvW. Shits going to get CRAY!