Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Is this assuming that all people recycle... I know very few people that actually recycle.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There is tons of open flat desert land that cant be used for development in New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas. There is also a lot of unused land in Montana and Alaska
    That's not a reason to befoul it with garbage.

All land has a use for the environment and ecology at large. Just because it is a desert or not easily used by us for living space doesn't mean we need to destroy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And 2 small sodas cost more than 1 large
    Good. Consider it a fat tax.

/30charactersreally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

All land has a use for the environment and ecology at large. Just because it is a desert or not easily used by us for living space doesn't mean we need to destroy it.
    Moreover, lots of stuff lives underground. It's not just a bunch of dirt.

10+ Year Old Account

It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground

The fact that you honestly believe this is terrifying. Its to be expected from you, you play your character well.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're joking, right? You can't be real. No one can truly believe these things. It has to be some kind of attempt to rile up the forum. But, just in case you're not trying to troll me:

Yes, yes it does. First, you damage the ground, period, just by digging it up. You erode the topsoil by killing the plants that were previously growing on it; read up on the dust bowl issues of the 1900's. Second, these materials do degrade, just not in the way you're thinking. Chemicals from this stuff being buried leeches into soil and can contaminate groundwater reserves and wells, most of which are obviously beneath the "ground". Third, you disrupt the habitat of the animals that live on and under the ground where you've so carelessly decided to bury your crap. They will frequently eat it, not realizing it's not food, which is a quick way to lead to either species extinction in the area or genetic abnormalities depending on how it affects them.

None of this is good. There is a reason why stuff like this was banned prior to recycling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you serieus ? How can you have such utter disregard for (environmental) safety ?

Every time I see an other Orlong thread, I lose a little bit of hope for humanity.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    And 2 small sodas cost more than 1 large
    Hey, companies are in business to make money, right? Too bad. Pay up, fat asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Are you serieus ? How can you have such utter disregard for (environmental) safety ?

Every time I see an other Orlong thread, I lose a little bit of hope for humanity.
    Welcome to free market libertarianism. I hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No. Welcome to anti-intellectualism, where people frequently avoid critical thinking and research before speaking, then ardently defend their indefensible, unsubstantiated, proven-wrong opinion to the death.

You're joking, right? You can't be real. No one can truly believe these things. It has to be some kind of attempt to rile up the forum. But, just in case you're not trying to troll me:

Yes, yes it does. First, you damage the ground, period, just by digging it up. You erode the topsoil by killing the plants that were previously growing on it; read up on the dust bowl issues of the 1900's. Second, these materials do degrade, just not in the way you're thinking. Chemicals from this stuff being buried leeches into soil and can contaminate groundwater reserves and wells, most of which are obviously beneath the "ground". Third, you disrupt the habitat of the animals that live on and under the ground where you've so carelessly decided to bury your crap. They will frequently eat it, not realizing it's not food, which is a quick way to lead to either species extinction in the area or genetic abnormalities depending on how it affects them.

None of this is good. There is a reason why stuff like this was banned prior to recycling.
    Don't argue with Orlong.

Just don't. It's not a fight that can be won.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Welcome to anti-intellectualism, where people frequently avoid critical thinking and research before speaking, then ardently defend their indefensible, unsubstantiated, proven-wrong opinion to the death.
    Yes, that's what I said.

/dropmic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Don't argue with Orlong.

Just don't. It's not a fight that can be won.

I feel like all Orlong threads need this disclaimer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    lol they suuuure were really oppressing us with the kind of material you could use for a fuckin egg carton.
    We use paper carton for eggs. Never seen them in another type of packaging material. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's just that I still am surprised by the wastefullness of our current consumer economy, and the willingness of the consumers to participate. Why do so many people not realize that our recourses are finite ? Is it foluntary ignorance ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we just dont want to be forced to make sacrifices and inconvenience and disrupt our life. Much like water and electricity, we like to take the path of least resistance

Thought the soda ban was already thrown out? And aren't they trying to introduce another idiotic ban pertaining to kids meals and the toy? NY is full of morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We use paper carton for eggs. Never seen them in another type of packaging material. :P
    I've seen them in polystyrene, but they're always the cheap salmonella caged eggs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or we just dont want to be forced to make sacrifices and inconvenience and disrupt our life.
    It's just a plastic material, get off your high horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we just dont want to be forced to make sacrifices and inconvenience and disrupt our life. Much like water and electricity, we like to take the path of least resistance
    Your statement has nothing to do with what I said, but I'll address it anyway.

Convenience should not come at the expense of the world. We're not the only creatures on this planet, and this planet is not designed to be metastasized like a cancer. If we want it to last for our children (and, at this point, for some of us already adults), we need to stop dicking around.