Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW - GoT Style Intro, Pet Battle Bonus Event, Tweets, WoW EU Arena Championship

September 22nd Hotfixes, Hellfire Amulet and Bans, Future Ghost Changes

Underdog Rules Brawl, The Angry Chicken #104, CDC #33 Finalist Voting

Shacknews Interview Round-Up, Shop Sales, Rotation for Sept. 22, 2015 and Rexxar Price

World of Warcraft - Game of Thrones Style Intro
    Marc Ottensmann released a Game of Thrones style intro for World of Warcraft.

Armory Stats - Level 25 Pet Achievement
    Today we are taking a look at when players earned the All Growns Up! achievement. Keep in mind that only players active since August 1st were included in this data, so players that are inactive or quit long ago after leveling a pet to 25 are not represented.

You can see a nice increase in the number of players after the release of Patch 6.1, which added the Ultimate Battle-Training Stone for everyone with a Tier 3 garrison. If you haven't done it on alts already, be sure to do so as each character can get one! If you already have several Level 25 pets, you can get more stones with the bonus event going on now.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Pet Battle Bonus Event September 23-28
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Through Monday, September 28, Pet Battle experience gains are increased by +200%. It’s time to team up your mighty minions and test them on the field of battle!

Before you charge forth with your lower-level charges, make sure to pick up the quest “The Very Best”, lest you miss the chance to wrest an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone into your chest. All you need do is queue up for PvP Pet Battles with a team of three level-25 pets and obtain five wins before the event ends.

This time around, which three pets will you take into PvP Pet Battles? Let us know in the comments below.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    so what's the plan with Mage portals? With Dalaran being the capital again, that's going to be 3 different ports. Thanks.
    Good question, we'll have to avoid confusion there. Ancient Tome is a bit of a special case, to be fair... (WatcherDev)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Grag, what was the most memoral moment in World of WarCraft for you?
    In game either Wrathgate or opening the AQ gates. (OccupyGStreet)
    Out of game probably addressing the crowd at China Joy. (OccupyGStreet)

Get Ready for the World of Warcraft European Championship
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    After some intense arena action in the 2015 World of Warcraft European Championship Qualifiers in August, eight teams have emerged victorious! They’ll continue their quest for glory at the European Road to BlizzCon in Prague, Czech Republic from October 3-4. Check out the details below.

Teams

Qualifier #1
    1st Place - Reawakened 1
    2nd Place - Solari Gaming Blue

Qualifier #2
    1st Place - Bleached Bones
    2nd Place - Solari Gaming
    3rd Place - Solari Gaming Black

Qualifier #3
    1st Place – Solari Gaming Red
    2nd Place – Reawakened 3

3rd Place – Three Languages One Team

Prizes
    Teams in the European Championship will battle for a share of $100,000 USD in prize money—one of the biggest-ever prize pools for a European WoW event. The prize money will be distributed as follows:

Rank
    Prize
    • 1st - 50,000$
    • 2nd - 20,000$
    • 3rd - 10,000$
    • 4th - 8,000$
    • 5th - 6th - 4,000$ each
    • 7th - 8th - 2,000$ each

The top three teams will also qualify for the World of Warcraft Arena World Championship at BlizzCon 2015, where they’ll face the best teams from across the globe!

The Event
    The World of Warcraft European Championship is taking place at the 2015 European Road to BlizzCon in Prague’s O2 Arena. Don’t worry if you can’t be there in person—we’ll be bringing the adrenaline-charged action to you via live stream throughout the weekend. You won’t want to miss it!

For event and stream details, including the schedule, be sure to check out the official 2015 European Road to BlizzCon website at www.euRTB2015.com.

You can learn more about the World of Warcraft European Championship tournament in our 2015 European Road to BlizzCon blog, and by checking out the links below.

ESL World of Warcraft 2015 European Road to Blizzcon

ESL World of Warcraft 2015 European Road to Blizzcon - Frequently Asked Questions
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-09-24 at 12:45 PM.

Murkalot, Blackfuse Bombling and Bonkers. Only weakness are undead teams. You open with Murkalot's Inspiration, it will pull Bombling and you will use buffed Armageddon. Rest is on S/S Bonkers - dodging, punching and stuning. Use Blessed Hammer or Falling Murloc if needed.

wow! so much news these days..

give me a time travel jump to blizzcon and we have real news..

No surprise that was his favourite out-of-game event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AzQEwd_CUAAJTQs.jpg

Guy's a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No surprise that was his favourite out-of-game event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AzQEwd_CUAAJTQs.jpg

Guy's a player.
    took me only 2 minutes to realize, there is a guy on the picture

Nice intro, but why did he use the GoT theme song? With all the amazing and beautiful music Blizzard has produced for Wow over the years, surely there must be something that would fit?

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    Nice intro, but why did he use the GoT theme song? With all the amazing and beautiful music Blizzard has produced for Wow over the years, surely there must be something that would fit?
    Maybe because the whole point was to mimic the Game of Thrones opening? Iunno
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Where are Undercity, Silvermoon City, Darnassus, and The Exodar?
    Last edited by Laylriana; 2015-09-24 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Maybe because the whole point was to mimic the Game of Thrones opening? Iunno
    Nice attempt.. 0/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Where are Undercity, Silvermoon City, Darnassus, and The Exodar?
    They werent built with cogs ofc silly billy!

I leveled 3 pets during MoP since I was mainly a casual player during the small time I played during that xpac and had a lot of free time. I had been a little excited to finally do all those pet battle dailies I had seen but could never do. Immediately found out that one team of 3 level 25s was not sufficient in the slightest to do any of those dailies, since you are pretty much required to use weird strategies on the harder dailies. Was rather pissed and stopped doing any pet crap until WoD.
    And now I have probably well over 100 level 25 pets. It's ridiculous how easy it gets to level pets once you have already have a handful of 25 pets. The rich get richer. Until that instant-25 stone was introduced, getting into pet battling was incredibly tedious.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2015-09-24 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I leveled 3 pets during MoP since I was mainly a casual player during the small time I played during that xpac and had a lot of free time. I had been a little excited to finally do all those pet battle dailies I had seen but could never do. Immediately found out that one team of 3 level 25s was not sufficient in the slightest to do any of those dailies, since you are pretty much required to use weird strategies on the harder dailies. Was rather pissed and stopped doing any pet crap until WoD.
    And now I have probably well over 100 level 25 pets. It's ridiculous how easy it gets to level pets once you have already have a handful of 25 pets. The rich get richer. Until that instant-25 stone was introduced, getting into pet battling was incredibly tedious.

The WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria and Draenor pet trainers are like the raid instances of pet battles, and the trainers prior to that represent dungeons.
    Beating the raid pet trainers with any random pets doesn't make much sense. It's like you enter a raid and expect to finish it only using the abilites Track Beasts, Mind Vision and Commanding Shout.

world of thrones? .... LOVED IT <3

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post

Have you ever even watched Game of Thrones? He made this to be a duplicate Game of Thrones intro but with WoW. The animations were made to look like the GoT intro, which is why their music was used. That's why dude.. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Breakurface View Post
    Nice attempt.. 0/10
    Attempt at what? Are you dumb? He's 100% right.

7+ Year Old Account
    loving the GoT theme lol thats pretty awesome IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    wow! so much news these days..

give me a time travel jump to blizzcon and we have real news..
    I won't be so sure about "real news" on Blizzcon it would be more accurate to said "Over hyped news" since they announce lots of things for the game that they later on changed or remove altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawoon View Post
    Murkalot, Blackfuse Bombling and Bonkers. Only weakness are undead teams. You open with Murkalot's Inspiration, it will pull Bombling and you will use buffed Armageddon. Rest is on S/S Bonkers - dodging, punching and stuning. Use Blessed Hammer or Falling Murloc if needed.
    And elemental teams and basically all teams people are actually using, with heavy aoe dmg. And you're already giving them one death (armaggedon) for not that much dmg tradeoff.

Yet to see this team win any battle other than against full dragon teams... they just get destroyed by Bonkers
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2015-09-24 at 03:38 PM.

How embarrassing, I accidently typed in Grag instead of Greg.

- - - Updated - - -

And other (ex) Blizzard fav'd or commented.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    The WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria and Draenor pet trainers are like the raid instances of pet battles, and the trainers prior to that represent dungeons.
    Beating the raid pet trainers with any random pets doesn't make much sense. It's like you enter a raid and expect to finish it only using the abilites Track Beasts, Mind Vision and Commanding Shout.
    Meh. The pet battling system is a watered-down Pokémon, so I went into it with a Pokémon mindset. You can use pretty much any team you want in Pokémon and still succeed. Yeah, type advantages will help, and having a disadvantageous type match-up will be difficult, but it's never impossible. That's not the case in WoW, though. I'm ok with the system now, since I have so many pets. But it was rather upsetting to have put all that time in back then leveling pets up only to find out it was mostly wasted.

Game of Thrones Style Intro 2/10