"Bring City Raiding Back"

I just saw this post on the World of Warcraft forums(not mine). Figure I'd chuck the ideas in here in case you don't visit them. Only one I don't like is #6. I'd say keep that mount in there some how and just create new meta achievements for fighting in the cities.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19072677351

"Honestly, I feel like this is one of the Hallmarks of the Warcraft Franchise. Horde vs Alliance, the big raids on the other faction's city, in an attempt to kill their king.

I really liked this. It's my favorite thing to do in the game. On my paladin, I often join city raid groups for fun, even though I've gotten the achievements a long time ago.

There's something that's so much fun in it, and I know most people hate it, but I think it could be relevant again with a few steps.

1.) Award Conquest Points for killing enemy kings - maybe 100 or 200 per, goes towards your cap (does not exceed cap)

2.) Award Conquest Points for defending your kings - same as above, maybe 100 - 200 per

3.) Increase honor for killing someone in your main city - As a defender of SW/Org/IF/Darn/UC (you get the point) you will get 3x the honor for killing an enemy in your main city, like an honorable defender buff

4.) Increase honor for killing someone in the opposite faction's city - Same as above, if you kill someone while raiding a city, you'll get 3x the honor

5.) For the Horde/Alliance as a weekly quest - You can either do Ashran every week, the four events and tremblade, or you can kill every one of the opposing faction's leaders for your Champion's Strongbox and 500 conquest points

6.) Update Mount - For The Horde really needs an updated mount. Make the Black War Bear unobtainable, and the old one a feat of strength. Update the meta achievement to a new, faction specific flying mount.

7.) Restrict Flying for the Opposing Faction - No flying should be allowed for the opposing faction. When you are in enemy territory, you should not be able to fly. This will add some challenge to it, actually having to tromp through the city and fight your way to the king, or find a way to sneak in. Flying mounts allow you to just run in the keep from the get-go, and I think that really takes away a lot of the fun.

8.) Strongboxes for killing the kings - One for each king, for every time you kill them (no limit). Awards a little gold, maybe some honor, maybe a piece of gear if you're lucky.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see this implemented? Or am I really the only one that enjoys this type of world content?"

There are so many possibilities with city raids. I'd love for them to be made relevant again, they're some of the most fun I've had in WoW (defending, attacking, even after several deaths due to being outnumbered).

Their thread has flaws, for example being able to cap by farming the bosses that have a 15 minute respawn timer is a bad idea, but in spirit I agree. It might be just as simple as adding a weekly quest to kill a random faction leader, and 1 for defending, awarding a big chunk of currencies.

Make it a battleground.

Many servers on many cities would not be defended or enough of a group to attack

For those servers that get this going, not everyone wants to be part of it, but everyone in the city gest impacted. Horde slaying Lakeshire or Alliance raping Crossroads is not fun outside of the bored one or two players doing the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Make it a battleground.

Many servers on many cities would not be defended or enough of a group to attack

For those servers that get this going, not everyone wants to be part of it, but everyone in the city gest impacted. Horde slaying Lakeshire or Alliance raping Crossroads is not fun outside of the bored one or two players doing the slaughter.
    That's what cross-realm technology is for. I've seen people mounting a defence for obscure cities like The Exodar, Darnassus and Silvermoon ever since realms were put together.

I also think you're confusing 'city raiding'; we're talking raids on the enemy faction leader, not little questing hubs like Lakeshire and Crossroads.

Raiding cities is far more "Warcraft" then pve raiding will ever be.

The only problem I see with this is the traditional problem of win trading. There needs to be some incentive to never lose, like if you fail the points you for subsequent wins is reduced by X amount for X amount of games. Otherwise you're gonna get groups that just trade wins up to cap.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I absolutely loved city raiding and wish it could make a return. I don't think it'd be very fun unless the old main cities were once again the main cities of an expansion, though. I like having to battle through a couple hundred players instead of NPCs.

I think it'd be ok if we had two well built cities in a new expansion, but this obviously won't happen in Legion with Dalaran making its return.

They should add a debuff. If your faction leader dies, your face gets a -25% to everything for 2 hours (the city boss respawn timer).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I think why this is not a thing is because of server lag

they would have to heavily rely on phasing on many servers and once you do that you might aswell make it a battleground you see

this works on small to medium servers assuming both factions are equal in number but on high pop servers? lagfest

Make it a battleground
    Too much fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    Raiding cities is far more "Warcraft" then pve raiding will ever be.
    What exactly is your source on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    That's what cross-realm technology is for. I've seen people mounting a defence for obscure cities like The Exodar, Darnassus and Silvermoon ever since realms were put together.

I also think you're confusing 'city raiding'; we're talking raids on the enemy faction leader, not little questing hubs like Lakeshire and Crossroads.
    Unless they change things, cross realm does not work in capitals. There are many times my cross realm friend and I were standing in the exact same spot in Stormwind, but could not see each other. Once we were outside of the city, we were there. On combined realms it works fine, cross realm no...

Deleted
    <3 World pvp and city sieges - would like to see more of that in wow.
    On another note, it seems to me that wow becomes more and more an esport with the arena etc - siege city would might catch more players for pvp ?

Unless they change things, cross realm does not work in capitals. There are many times my cross realm friend and I were standing in the exact same spot in Stormwind, but could not see each other. Once we were outside of the city, we were there. On combined realms it works fine, cross realm no...
    Cross realm technology is enabled in all of the capitals except Stormwind City and Orgrimmar. This is because those two cities were the main hubs when the technology was implemented (Cataclysm). They could change that easily.