Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Armory Stats - Pet Battles, Final Boss #97, Heroes - New Heroes: Medic and Artanis

Disabled Bounties Hotfix, Cache Farming Builds, Bounties DH Guide

Deck Spotlight: The Silver Hand, House of Discards Card Design Competition, TwitchCon

Heroes of the Storm Medic & Artanis PTR Patch - Hero Changes & More

Armory Stats - Pet Battles
    It's Pet Battle Bonus Weekend, and we are continuing the pet battle related posts by taking a look at the pet battle achievement completion rate of players. Today's data is from 2.1 million players (not characters) that were active after August 1st.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Poll - PvP Pet Battles
    It seems that PvP pet battles aren't very popular among the general population. Do you take part in them? If not, why?

Final Boss #97 - Strength Melee
    This week Final Boss covered Retribution Paladin, Warrior and Death Knight specs!

Heroes of the Storm PTR Build - Medic, Artanis, and More!
    A new build went on the Heroes PTR server, adding two new heroes and other changes. You can find all of the details at HeroesNexus.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-09-26 at 08:45 PM.

0.04% have completed the 5k PvP battles achievement? That's honestly more than I'd have suspected.

Jace should go back to HiJ

Deleted
    The poll asks us ''why?''. Soo..

I assume that I'll lose because everyone I'd run into plays pet-pokemon so often that I'd just get destroyed. Doesn't sound fun to me.

I assume that it'll be like attending a pokemon tournament, you know, like the ones where about ~10 different ones are brought because they're the best and shit on everything else, and I just turned up with my dream team of cool-looking-but-garbage.

Did my first PvP battles ever this week because it was the weekly event. Honestly it was so boring. Used the same 3 pets for all fights, did exactly the same sequence of actions every time and won all my 5 battles.

WoW is a MMORPG, and it can be really fun when playing with other people in dungeons, raids, arena and BGs. If I want to collect pets and use them to battle I'll play a game which excels at that, which I'm guessing is Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like your supposed to use certain pets to win. I want to be able to be decent with my favorite ones and not just the most OP.

"It seems that PvP pet battles aren't very popular among the general population. Do you take part in them? If not, why?" because when i started getting into pet battles it was fairly fun at a low lvl, but as as soon as you hit the 25 range, all you had were people with the magic crawdad, unborn valkyr and the imp, doing the same shit over and over and if you had a pet they weren't confident against, they switched - always - so when they switched to counter you, you'd change to something that at least took less dmg, which made them immideatly switch again...and they just kept on switching until you didn't feel like putting that much work into a stupid pet battle, so they could force their stupid rotation on you again.........how is that fun?

I am a hardcore pet collector (708 unique pets) but I *hate* PetPVP with a passion. I only finished the 250 matches to get my pet, and that took me the entire MoP expansion - I didn't even get it until WoD.

I think the way to fix it is to make it more like Arena in Hearthstone:
    1. You get a random game-offered selection of pets to choose from (3 different pet families)
    2. You make a team
    3. You PVP

If you get a crappy selection and lose, at least it was fair. It makes you (and your opponent) think about what combos to choose. It's a heck of a lot better than facing the "flavor of the week" team over and over and over and over again. Even if you HAVE a flavor of the week team (which I finally gave up and made to get to those 250 wins).

It just doesnt interest me. The people you run up against have some of the most OP pets in the game, or quit when they are losing..if you dont have the most uber set of pets you always lose.

No thanks.

Don't do the PvP pet battles myself, although jibby's idea is interesting. Maybe have it when you queue, it randomly selects 9 pets from your collection (level 25 pets preferred). You then pick 3 but you only have a minute to do so. If you fail to pick by the end of a minute, the game picks the pets for you. The game also automatically picks the abilities for you. Make it more random and force players to think on their feet rather than do the same thing match after match. Right now, I have little interest in queuing for a PvP battle only to get a super team or a team that I just can't counter. While I have 688 pets and most are max level and rare, chances are I'd still be missing that obscure pet like Graves or a certain murloc to trounce the other team.

I HATE arena because I often get screwed over by the other team having a better setup than mine. I doubt PvP pet battles would interest me any more.

I got one lvl25 pet. 1 out off 160+ pets is max level so no I do not pvp pet battle.
    Last edited by Nathiest; 2015-09-27 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Don't do the PvP pet battles myself, although jibby's idea is interesting. Maybe have it when you queue, it randomly selects 9 pets from your collection (level 25 pets preferred). You then pick 3 but you only have a minute to do so. If you fail to pick by the end of a minute, the game picks the pets for you. The game also automatically picks the abilities for you. Make it more random and force players to think on their feet rather than do the same thing match after match.
    Yep, this exactly!

Pet Battles are not worth what I pay my subscription for. It's development time that should and could have gone on other things, at first I was like okay, I'm fine with it, then we got these weekend buffs and I was thinking to myself that I shouldn't have to pet battle every time that buff is on to efficiently level my other pets, it's a farce and I'd like buffs for other content over pet battles any day. At the end of the day, I'm levelling pets to use them for content I'm not a big fan of anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love collecting and fighting pets PvE wise (probably my most worked on game aspect outside of PvE). I just gave up on the PvP side since it was mostly the same compositions 80% of the time or people with all Store pets which to my disappointment are generally (though not always, but most that are better are pretty rare themselves) better than non-store Pets.

Though I'm still sitting around 600-ish PvP battles.

In other news Artanis looks FUCKING AMAZING first HotS champ that I've thought "day 1 buy" about since...well.. ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    Pet Battles are not worth what I pay my subscription for. It's development time that should and could have gone on other things, at first I was like okay, I'm fine with it, then we got these weekend buffs and I was thinking to myself that I shouldn't have to pet battle every time that buff is on to efficiently level my other pets, it's a farce and I'd like buffs for other content over pet battles any day. At the end of the day, I'm levelling pets to use them for content I'm not a big fan of anyway.
    Luckily the game isn't catered just to you then isn't it. Since outside of Dungeons/Raiding Pet Battles is my most time-invested activity.

Deleted
    Woo I'm part of a tiny percentage of people!

God if someone had asked me before the achievement 'How many battles do you think you've done?' (if there was no way to track that is) I would have said like, maybe 1000 if that. But 5000, never would have guessed I was close =p

The main reason I got into pet battling so much, was because I've always loved the companion pets, I tried to buy all the ones around the world and get raid ones and it felt great to have the variety. Then they introduced battling and gave us 100s of new pets, my favourite still being the Giraffe Calf because I love giraffes is all *_* so I -had- to battle in order to get all these pets, but it was so fun I didn't care. I already have all the Pokémon (bar a few event legendaries thank you very much Japan), so getting all the pets is second nature to me at this point =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never liked PvP pet battling, and hate that there is a pet tied behind an achievement.

I'm more of a collector to be fair, since early TBC. Pet battles don't even interest me much, but I do them because I know I need to stay on top of it for future pets that come out from achievement rewards or tamer bags etc.

But between PvE pet battles and PvP pet battles I enjoy PvE aspect more, PvP I do only if I have to (if their is an achievement with pet behind behind it or quest etc) I much prefer being out around the world hopping from battle to battle than sitting in a queue to either be obliterated (if i use a less than optimal team) or to nuke the high heavens out of the other folks because I have some of the stronger pets that are not so easy for most people to get. There isn't really a middle ground imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I've never liked PvP pet battling, and hate that there is a pet tied behind an achievement.
    Indeed, I'm with you on this

I don't really like the idea of the game selecting random pets for us. Then people would just cheese it and only have a bunch of OP pets active while collectors will have all their bad and good pets active.

Instead I think they should add a 5 or 10 round cooldown that prevents you from switching pets when you've just switched in PvP battles.
    I also think the game should keep track of how well you're doing, so someone that just lost five games will have a higher chance of battleing someone else that have just lost a bunch of games. This way people using the OP teams will just face each other and people with bad pets or bad pet combos will face each other. This way people that like experimenting and trying out new teams will most likely face each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I don't really like the idea of the game selecting random pets for us. Then people would just cheese it and only have a bunch of OP pets active while collectors will have all their bad and good pets active.

Instead I think they should add a 5 or 10 round cooldown that prevents you from switching pets when you've just switched in PvP battles.
    I also think the game should keep track of how well you're doing, so someone that just lost five games will have a higher chance of battleing someone else that have just lost a bunch of games. This way people using the OP teams will just face each other and people with bad pets or bad pet combos will face each other. This way people that like experimenting and trying out new teams will most likely face each other.
    Is there no mmr at all for pvp battles? That just makes it even less likely I'll ever try it. Cba running into god comps with my ragtag team.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla