Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I was referring to Metamorphosis. They said it clearly (was watching this real time) that they will remove Metamorphosis. That was the issue here.
    I am aware. I have watched all of Blizzcon apart from e-sports. I am saying that we do not have enough information to condemn the changes.

I'm very confident Metamorphosis will be gone, the writing is on the wall, but not set in stone. The addition of Demon Hunters and the changes to Shadow Priests clearly make this a done deal. I feel bad for hardcore Demo locks. The whole time Blizzard said Demo was difficult to tune and OP in Demo form and yet now they're introducing DH's and Shadow with the same mechanics. Like wtf? I'd imagine a lot of Demo Locks will be re-rolling Shadow.

Why? They're basically turning Demo into the Necromancer spec from Diablo 2 except with demons instead of undead it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    The warlocks that have infused themselves with fel energy to the point of a metamorphosis have mostly become insane and are incredibly dangerous. (spoiler) We fight one of them atop of black temple and drive them back (spoiler). These warlocks are in no way what the Black harvest (your class order, who knew, huh!) is wanting.

The approach of the warlock is to carefully study demons, their abilities and learn how to summon them to form a pact with them, one of co-existence and a paid price. Remember sacrificing the hearts of two mourning widows (men) to summon a Succubus? Yes, that kind of thing.

However, from a lore perspective, this does not work and I am very glad that they are orienting themselves rather with the lore than what the loud masses want.
    But Metamorphosis wasn't the point of what Kanrathed achieved. Fel infusion was. Metamorphosis was already an established thing in lore by then (considering it was two expansions old by that time), Jubeka's journals mention it. Just like they mention Kanrathed developing Dark Apotheosis form as an evolution of Metamorphosis long before he infused himself with the Fel and went mad. His Metamorphosis wasn't even a result of said infusion.

Also, lol at the careful part. Part of information on Class Halls from Blizzcon: "Warlocks overstep at the start of the expansion when the Order Hall is introduced, getting greedy and think they have more power over the Legion than they really do." Super careful.

Know your lore. Especially if you want to make an argument for class changes based on it.

There will be blogs about EVERY class and its new talents and talent changes coming soon, so before screaming and crying and whining and god knows how many adjectives I could use for this, please show that you are able to wait to read on this and possibly try this out in beta (if you are lucky).
    These are verbs.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-11-08 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But Metamorphosis wasn't the point of what Kanrathed achieved. Fel infusion was. Metamorphosis was already an established thing in lore by then (considering it was two expansions old by that time), Jubeka's journals mention it. Just like they mention Kanrathed developing Dark Apotheosis form as an evolution of Metamorphosis long before he infused himself with the Fel and went mad. His Metamorphosis wasn't even a result of said infusion.

Also, lol at the careful part. Part of information on Class Halls from Blizzcon: "Warlocks overstep at the start of the expansion when the Order Hall is introduced, getting greedy and think they have more power over the Legion than they really do." Super careful.

Know your lore. Especially if you want to make an argument for class changes based on it.

These are verbs.
    My bad, mixed them up.

And I did quote the overstepping part in this discussion.
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2015-11-08 at 03:48 PM.

My bad, mixed them up.

And I did quote the overstepping part in this discussion.
    I know you did. But I really don't see the validity to saying that Warlocks are careful. They have always been power-hungry. And searching for new sources of powers, even if they aren't related to Fel or demons, as evident by Council of Black Harvest's activities. So even if Metamoprhosis is originally a Demon Hunter thing, it doesn't stop Warlocks from appropriating it, from lore perspective. There have always been cases of Warlocks toying with powers too strong them to control and burning themselves in the process. And I'm not sure if you admitting to mixing things up was related to the lore of Metamorphosis and Warlocks or verbs and adjectives, but if it's the latter it still leaves the issue of your explanation of lore reasons for removal of Metamorphosis being incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I know you did. But I really don't see the validity to saying that Warlocks are careful. They have always been power-hungry. And searching for new sources of powers, even if they aren't related to Fel or demons, as evident by Council of Black Harvest's activities. So even if Metamoprhosis is originally a Demon Hunter thing, it doesn't stop Warlocks from appropriating it, from lore perspective. There have always been cases of Warlocks toying with powers too strong them to control and burning themselves in the process. And I'm not sure if you admitting to mixing things up was related to the lore of Metamorphosis and Warlocks or verbs and adjectives, but if it's the latter it still leaves the issue of your explanation of lore reasons for removal of Metamorphosis being incorrect.
    I cannot really make any statement to the whole lore thing but we saw that the Black Harvest will have a massive influence on the Warlock starting experience in Legion. If this is going to explain how or why we lose metamorphosis? I sort of hope so, because I would not really mind it if there was a story line for warlocks that explains it as a whole rather than just removing it because the Blizzard dev team feels that it never belonged to warlocks in the first place.

And yes, I mixed adjectives and verbs x_x

Try to keep your emotions in check in here, I don't want want to dole out infractions for basically nothing. Lore arguments and making sweeping declarements at this point of Legion is not very constructive.