Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Generally congress-critters can take a bit of heat. More than I could that's for sure. He's been between a rock and a hard place in his party for quite a long time, so maybe enough was enough, but maybe something else.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I guess the Mark Meadows challenge to the speakership really did have a chance then. He's probably resigning to save face and avoid the humiliation of losing and being removed. Good riddance, guy was an idiot and a horrible leader.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2015-09-25 at 01:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news for the GOP. He basically has been dragging his feet for years.

Let GOP just collapse already, please.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This news just made my day!!!!! Now we can get a real conservative Speaker instead of a RINO. Now if only Mcconnel would resign too
    Last edited by Orlong; 2015-09-25 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    This news just made my day!!!!! Now we can get a real conservative Speaker instead of a RINO

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Let GOP just collapse already, please.
    and what will replace it?
    The devil you know is almost always better... as the saying goes.

or are you suggesting a "1 party" system?

as for the op, Cool news.
    I just hope whoever gets the spot next can bring it back to center ish rather than placating the uber right wing nutters that need to be their own party rather than mucking it up for the more "modern" Republican types ...who don't follow this current party line of ...stupid.
    Meh, Factions make for great,fun stories though I suppose.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-09-25 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    and what will replace it?
    The devil you know is almost always better... as the saying goes.

or are you suggesting a "1 party" system?
    Whatever will replace GOP would be inherently better than GOP, mostly because of marginalized division where especially crazies and loonies are left into the crazy/loon bin.

Preferable resolution would be multiple party system. 2 party system as it is is no better than 1 party system.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol boner aha
    BONER!! Lmao.

adkljasd;lkasdlja;d

30/char
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Whatever will replace GOP would be inherently better than GOP, mostly because of marginalized division where especially crazies and loonies are left into the crazy/loon bin.

Preferable resolution would be multiple party system. 2 party system as it is is no better than 1 party system.
    I think everyone agrees a multi-party system is better than a 2 party or 1 party system, but short of changing the way we elect people (maybe to a runoff system or a multiple-selection priority system), I'm not sure there's a way to get there.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good news for the GOP
    Not really. Somebody more extreme will get it and move the party further to the fringe - and closer to irrelevancy. Which, while bad in the short-term for the country, will be good in the long-term.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The gop is in this situation because they decry everything yet offer no solutions.
    They offer lots of solutions but Obama threatens to veto every one because they arent HIS solutions, then calls them obstructionist because they wont rubber stamp his every wish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think everyone agrees a multi-party system is better than a 2 party or 1 party system, but short of changing the way we elect people (maybe to a runoff system or a multiple-selection priority system), I'm not sure there's a way to get there.
    Even if there was 10 parties, they would still just get together and group up into "liberal" and "conservative" parties and we would have the same thing. Just like Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders are independent yet they vote with the democrats every single time because they are actually democrats

10+ Year Old Account
    They offer lots of solutions but Obama threatens to veto every one because they arent HIS solutions, then calls them obstructionist because they wont rubber stamp his every wish
    Obama has had fewer vetoes than any president since Chester A. Arthur. And Arthur was a 1 term president.

You have to go back to Millard Fillmore to find a president with fewer vetoes per year in office. 1850.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2015-09-25 at 02:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What fantasy land are you living in? Lots of solutions - thanks for the chuckle.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

This news just made my day!!!!! Now we can get a real conservative Speaker instead of a RINO. Now if only Mcconnel would resign too
    Can't wait till you guys get the wake up call that the majority of the country wants the parties to compromise. None of the anti-establishment members have the ability to act like an adult and lead the party. The last two shutdowns hurt the party immensely. Welcome to the permanent minority until the GOP moves back towards the center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if there was 10 parties, they would still just get together and group up into "liberal" and "conservative" parties and we would have the same thing. Just like Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders are independent yet they vote with the democrats every single time because they are actually democrats
    The parties might generally be more conservative or more liberal, but there would also be moderates, and there would be different flavors of conservative vs. liberal. Having a party who concentrates on environment win more seats would tell you what people are after most. Having another party that concentrates more on the deficit win would tell you what people are after too.

While you could probably bucket everything into "liberal" and "conservative" if you really wanted to, it's not a very useful way to look at the world. It's better to get more granularity.

Prepare for congress to elect a super right winger after the disaster that was orange boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Obama has had fewer vetoes than any president since Chester A. Arthur.
    Don't muddle things with facts!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Just like the Whigs, the GOP is on the fast track to being a footnote in the history books because it refused to evolve with the times and instead desperately scrabbles for a past that never really existed outside their own heavily-filtered collective nostalgia.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!