Thread: Cheating

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    At this point so would I. I'd need to grow 3 more arms for the ban hammers I'd be swinging on these punks.

They do not get banned permanently that is the problem.

If these cheaters are given the time to gear up, cheat, and actually have time to ENJOY the cheating, a ban is useless. They get banned till the end of the season and then do it all over again in the next.

Ban them permanently or force a title on the character's name that can't be removed that calls them out for cheating, so people will be biased against them in bgs and report them, even if they are trying to play legit.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    They do not get banned permanently that is the problem.

If these cheaters are given the time to gear up, cheat, and actually have time to ENJOY the cheating, a ban is useless. They get banned till the end of the season and then do it all over again in the next.

Ban them permanently or force a title on the character's name that can't be removed that calls them out for cheating, so people will be biased against them in bgs and report them, even if they are trying to play legit.
    Warn them first, then permanently ban, and keep up to date with it. A title would do nothing but encourage them more so. They and myself would find that shit funny.

Deleted
    Played some twos today just for the weapon on an alt. The ammount of kick bot users etc is absurd. Had one warrior who without fail reflected every single last trap, spell reflec always went up the millisecond the trap was launched, same for a shaman who grounded them all. In another game both me and the person playing with me were randomly disconnected right as the doors opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Played some twos today just for the weapon on an alt. The ammount of kick bot users etc is absurd. Had one warrior who without fail reflected every single last trap, spell reflec always went up the millisecond the trap was launched, same for a shaman who grounded them all. In another game both me and the person playing with me were randomly disconnected right as the doors opened.
    Ddosing is incapable without being able to know your information via an outside resource. Also your internet would go down as well. Ddos is not something a random pvper would be concerned with. It's usually among someone who has had frequency in the various leagues, and has played with a lot of people and is recognizable. Further to add dosing is very hard to utilize in a PvP scene. In arena there are too many teams to ddos each you compete against, so perhaps maybe out of 10 games you could hit 1-2 teams if you're lucky. It's more common though at higher rating because you're able to snipe teams. We see it in rbgs more often because the sharing of Skype information is easier and the community is rather open unlike arenas. There are higher rated arena players that've never played with anyone outside of there known group for instance the Ilidan Chinese players; they never played with anyone but themselves and thus have never been hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    ---- Snipped bad meme ----

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-11-25 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    I don't often face cheaters. I play a lot.
    You make it seem like a lot of people cheat, but that is actually not the case. Less than 5% of the players I face cheat.
    I have seen a lot of them even in normal BGs , new season, the desire for the latest conquest gear always brings them out in droves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd rez this thread since it's still relevant and with the new season about to begin soon, it's good to keep reminding ourselves of how corrupt Rated PvP is in WoW:

Here's our bwois Sodah and Reckful and the story of their woes that I forgot to post earlier. You know, some of those "elite" players who are so "skilled" they'd never need to think about punkassing it:

Update: It appears that Alex "Sodah" Ringe, a BlizzCon champion, has similarly been permanently banned from World of Warcraft for account sharing. Sodah and Reckful are currently roommates.

Alex had the following to say on Twitter:

logged on jerassus' druid for alt 3s. dont account share guys, they are handing out closures with no warnings.

He added on Reddit:

Very confused that account sharing led to a permanent ban. Obviously I would never have done it if I knew that was what I was risking. I have insanely rare items, mounts, titles, and a huge amount of time invested in the game. In the past blizzard has never permanently banned for account sharing without warning. I feel completely wronged and betrayed by my favorite game developers of all time.

Also disgusting to see countless people interrupt botting, fly hacking, battleground botting right now as I type this who will probably never be banned like I was.

I was not boosting anyone's rating. I was playing on my friend's druid so I could play with my other friends without losing rating on my main character. Ask yourself if you have ever account shared before. Reckful did a poll on his stream where 84% of people said they account shared in the past. Do 84% of the playerbase deserve to be permanently banned? This isn't fair.

Yep, it's all those other guys who are scripting and might not ever get banned, Sodah (!) while 84% of your respondents claim to have acct. shared but shouldn't get punched in the neck by Blizz like you did. Of course, if they did that might hurt your gravy train too.

Top fucking kek.

Yesterday, Reckful logged in to World of Warcraft to find that he had the worst possible message awaiting him. It was the seldom encountered Battle.net Error #22, one that meant that he had been banned from the game. Not for three days, or even a week. It was a permanent ban rendering all of his high-value characters unplayable.

This ban wasn't made by mistake, either. It came shortly after Reckful had been playing on a viewer's account. Over the years Reckful hasn't been a stranger to account sharing, going as far as to say during stream that he hadn't personally leveled his own Rogue. This time around he was playing someone else's level 100 Paladin for fun. Although he didn't feel like leveling one for himself, his decision came with the ultimate price.
    http://www.craveonline.com/site/8043...world-warcraft

Goes on to say that Reckful claimed Blizz never warned him about the pilot/acct. sharing, but Blizz said, "The acct was warned for the same behavior previously."

No wonder these guys were roomies. They were just playing friends' toons coz they didn't wanna level their own...*applause*

But ultimately, you can't lay the blame for this on players alone since they're just the tools. My problem with this whole embarrassing shitshow is the $4+ billion company that allows it to happen for years. The company that held these guys up as some of their flagship players and ambassadors for the game, to the point that people like Reckful and Sodah can support themselves as a full-time job while Blizz looked the other way and made millions from this kind of crap.

That is, until it's convenient for Blizz to use for damage control as a PR stunt - as if Blizz is cracking down on even the "big names" now. The reality is they're thrown under the bus when they've outlived their usefulness.