I want to play the new expansion, where do I start?

I haven't played this game in a really long time and I would love to play through the new expansion when it comes out. The thing is, I leveled my main to level 53 in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel, just completed the main story line. Where do I go from here?

- Are the Galactic expansions only flight combat missions with no story?
    - Shadow of Revan, new zones and levels like the Hutt Cartel?
    - Do I need to buy these expansions to level now (before the new expansion is released)?
    - Where can I go to really catch up on the lore, in regards to all the patches that came out? I am a little lost on the lore past level 50.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda in the same boat as you so I'll try to give you some answers.

1. The only expansions with real story relevant content are Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan. The others are just fun side stuff.

2. Yes, Shadow of Revan has 2 new worlds with a 3rd added in a recent patch that all have story content.

3. If you want to reach level 60, then yes you need to buy Shadow of Revan, but keep in mind that you get the new expansion and all previous expansions when you sub when the new Expac launches. So you can pay the 20 dollars for SoR now or wait a month.

4. As for the lore you can either do all the flashpoints or watch videos on them. From what I've heard the Ops are mostly their own side story type thing and don't really deal with what happens in the main story. But you should be able to find Youtube videos of the Ops and Flashpoints to give you the lore you need.

I'd recommend that you sub (you'll get the expac a week early) and level some new characters with the 12x xp. You can also get your main to level 55, although if you're 53 and already finished the main story of RotHC then I don't know where you should pick back up. I've been using this time to play all the side quests and class missions on my Jedi Knight and then I plan on running through the class stories of all the other classes with 12x XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm kinda in the same boat as you so I'll try to give you some answers.

1. The only expansions with real story relevant content are Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan. The others are just fun side stuff.

2. Yes, Shadow of Revan has 2 new worlds with a 3rd added in a recent patch that all have story content.

3. If you want to reach level 60, then yes you need to buy Shadow of Revan, but keep in mind that you get the new expansion and all previous expansions when you sub when the new Expac launches. So you can pay the 20 dollars for SoR now or wait a month.

4. As for the lore you can either do all the flashpoints or watch videos on them. From what I've heard the Ops are mostly their own side story type thing and don't really deal with what happens in the main story. But you should be able to find Youtube videos of the Ops and Flashpoints to give you the lore you need.

I'd recommend that you sub (you'll get the expac a week early) and level some new characters with the 12x xp. You can also get your main to level 55, although if you're 53 and already finished the main story of RotHC then I don't know where you should pick back up. I've been using this time to play all the side quests and class missions on my Jedi Knight and then I plan on running through the class stories of all the other classes with 12x XP.
    Thanks Poppincaps. I guess I'll resub and just play through what I find. I think the expansions are worth resubbing for, just to play through the story-line. I didn't even realize that the Revan expansion was out.