10+ Year Old Account

A question regarding the xp boost

I finally more or less ran out of things to do in WoW so I reactivated my SWTOR account for a little while. I see the 12XP buff is still active for a few more weeks and i am curious

In the time remaining until the buff expires, how many class stories would I be able to get through bearing in mind I will only be doing class missions and stories and I won't be skipping any scenes or dialogue?

I expect playtime to be relatively heavy.

As a side question, having not levelled through the boost before will my gear not suffer due skipping so much content?

Between now and 20th (I think 12x experience ends the 19th), you can probably get through at least 3, likely 4.

As for your gear, get adaptive gear for you and your companion and upgrade it with mods from fleet. They cost 2 basic coms per mod so between the 12 basic coms per story mission and the occasional fp (especially if you skip a planets mod upgrades every once in a while) keeping your gear up to snuff isn't difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Between now and 20th (I think 12x experience ends the 19th), you can probably get through at least 3, likely 4.

As for your gear, get adaptive gear for you and your companion and upgrade it with mods from fleet. They cost 2 basic coms per mod so between the 12 basic coms per story mission and the occasional fp (especially if you skip a planets mod upgrades every once in a while) keeping your gear up to snuff isn't difficult.
    Three stories? More than I hoped. I did Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitor in the old days and I am doing an Imperial Agent as a matter of priority now soooo....Sith Warrior for sure and dark side Jedi Consular.

19th of next month I suppose right?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    19th of next month I suppose right?
    Yup, Oct 19th.

As for the OP, if you are just planning to do lvls 1-50 to see the class story (no Makeb, no SoR) then you can probably knock out 1 class per week depending on how much you play, even if you see all of the cutscenes. Even with the reduced Quick Travel CDs and the auto flight paths, the biggest time sink you'll encounter will be travel time, rather than sheer play time or cutscenes. At least that's how it feels to me.

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to knock 1 or 2 more class stories out before KotFE. I still need to finish Jedi Knight and a Smuggler. I started with Empire because, well, Empire Forever :P lol

Damm...I should start with the Jedi Knight....and end the one of the Imperial Agent. Shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Yup, Oct 19th.

As for the OP, if you are just planning to do lvls 1-50 to see the class story (no Makeb, no SoR) then you can probably knock out 1 class per week depending on how much you play, even if you see all of the cutscenes. Even with the reduced Quick Travel CDs and the auto flight paths, the biggest time sink you'll encounter will be travel time, rather than sheer play time or cutscenes. At least that's how it feels to me.

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to knock 1 or 2 more class stories out before KotFE. I still need to finish Jedi Knight and a Smuggler. I started with Empire because, well, Empire Forever :P lol
    Good advice, thanks.

I did the Jedi Knight back in the days before I returned to WoW and it was pretty fun.

Doing the IA now because I have heard it praised for years and I've decided to bite the bullet and just do it while the doing is good.

Im in the same boat.

Did Sith war and inq a long time ago and most of BH. Now back working on Agent. Think ill follow that up with Consular then redo BH. Really want to know what they "streamlined" for the leevling process. Honestly not sure i would stick around if we had to do planetary stories again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Yup, Oct 19th.

Yeah, leveled my first character under the x12 EXP bonus thing and got her to 43 over the weekend. Bear in mind, she was created on Friday night and by Sunday night she was level 43...the EXP boost is just nuts. You get MORE than enough Comms to keep you and a companion up-to-date on gear and still have plenty left over.

The downside is that you miss out on bonus Affection for your companion due to missing all the extra Planet Stories, and I also noticed that my crew skills lagged behind tremendously unless I was diligently using the rest of my crew to go out on missions. You also miss out on a lot of cash due to missing so many Mission rewards (but of course this can be fixed by running dailies after you finish the class storylines).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, leveled my first character under the x12 EXP bonus thing and got her to 43 over the weekend. Bear in mind, she was created on Friday night and by Sunday night she was level 43...the EXP boost is just nuts. You get MORE than enough Comms to keep you and a companion up-to-date on gear and still have plenty left over.

The downside is that you miss out on bonus Affection for your companion due to missing all the extra Planet Stories, and I also noticed that my crew skills lagged behind tremendously unless I was diligently using the rest of my crew to go out on missions. You also miss out on a lot of cash due to missing so many Mission rewards (but of course this can be fixed by running dailies after you finish the class storylines).
    I basically had an hour on Saturday night after I made this post, two hours this morning and a lot of time yesterday.

I got to level 36 and completed IA chapter one. The Xp boost is insane.

You have listed the downsides but as someone who just wants to see the stories and doesn't care about the rest, I find it an acceptable trade off.

Deleted
    Did they not say they will speed up leveling with KOTFE?You will only need class missions and planet arc to level for the planets level?If so the rest of the stories we can nod do before 19 October will be relatively painless to level no?

it will still be at least twice the amount of quests subscribers have to do now with 12x, but much faster for the non subs as they will only need to do 1/4 of planetary quests most likely. depends what they define as "important" to planetary arc.