15+ Year Old Account

Monk : Advice for Torment 40 w.o class set Conquest

I've got only one achievement left for my Destroyer season meta, and it's to complete 1 conquest. Of all the ones I see, I'm thinking the one for doing a level 40 rift without a class set might be the easiest. Though maybe the bosses on Torment 10 could be an alternative.

However, I've still not found my second fist weapon (the one that increases EP damage), so I'm not sure what I should go for in terms of crafted sets/gear if I go for this achievement. Furthermore, my gear isn't totally BiS. I've only got 300k health, my resistances are only around 920-1000, and my Hellfire Amulet rolled the Resolve passive.

Should I go for this achievement, or try my luck on Torment 10 killing all the bosses? If I do, what crafted gear should I go for and should I use a different setup? Any help could be useful, I don't think I'll be able to advance further than this point this season so getting this far would be a nice win in my book.

Armory if needed : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/65322720

Thanks!

The "kill all bosses in half an hour" achievement is not going to be easier than the "clear GR40 without bonuses" In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that particular conquest was impossible to do solo.

The boss kill achieve isn't impossible solo, there's a few vids on youtube of such runs (I watched one last week with <22 min clear by a WD).

But was thinking of the GR40 run myself. One build I was checking out is http://www.diablofans.com/builds/590...out-set-armors, since I got most of the gear for it.

There was a build on diablofans http://www.diablofans.com/builds/590...out-set-armors) that worked perfectly, although I was missing 4 items and even went with a yellow shoulder.
    No problem at all, did it on first try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. That'd be quite a bit of farming for me with that build, since I've haven't really been keeping many legendaries on the side. And I've yet to find even one Unity, let alone two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks probably have the easiest time of this Conquest, because of how broken Shenlong is
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Monks probably have the easiest time of this Conquest, because of how broken Shenlong is
    I did it on my barb today. I simply replaced the IK set pieces with whatever legendaries (for example I equipped Depth Diggers even though I have no primary skills on my bar) I had lying around and did it in the first attempt

Get unity and an immortal follower then just put on all the AoE damage things you can. Like firewalkers, faux paulds, etc. I did it without unity and it sucked on my barb but with unity you can probably do it with any gear really.

Signature Created by Jassinta

The conquest doesn't let you use the standard 4/6 pieces sets, but both Shenlong and F/R are excluded by the list - this means you can run a semi-standard generator build without the two thousands storms pieces and have no issues with that.

At least it's what i planned to do
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The conquest doesn't let you use the standard 4/6 pieces sets, but both Shenlong and F/R are excluded by the list - this means you can run a semi-standard generator build without the two thousands storms pieces and have no issues with that.

At least it's what i planned to do
    Yeah, it's only the class-specific 6p sets that you can't use.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy with any class, really. 90% of the difficulty is finding a rift which isn't garbage.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    As it has been said, run a generator build without the Thousand Storm pieces. You WILL take an abysmal hit on your damage output, but it's still high enough to complete a GR40 without too much struggle.
    As for the next Conquest (the following chapter requires 2) either do the timed run on bosses, or GR60, which is also required for the final step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's another way of doing this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._greater_rift/

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    As it has been said, run a generator build without the Thousand Storm pieces. You WILL take an abysmal hit on your damage output, but it's still high enough to complete a GR40 without too much struggle.
    As for the next Conquest (the following chapter requires 2) either do the timed run on bosses, or GR60, which is also required for the final step.
    Getting 6 gems to 50 is totally trivial, and is a really easy conquest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Getting 6 gems to 50 is totally trivial, and is a really easy conquest.
    You're right, I'm actually doing that now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use this, OP
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/58698-the-thrill-build
    I did it and earned it yesterday. Try using Bane of the Stricken instead of Gogok. Make sure you have 500k+ hp, and averaging 2k+ all res. Also, you don't need CDR at all. Use a life% gem in helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincca View Post
    Use this, OP
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/58698-the-thrill-build
    I did it and earned it yesterday. Try using Bane of the Stricken instead of Gogok. Make sure you have 500k+ hp, and averaging 2k+ all res. Also, you don't need CDR at all. Use a life% gem in helm.
    I did the GR40 in 6:59 using this build, without particularly well rolled items(don't think I had a single ancient apart from my Restraint) and with a Templar running Eun Jang Do, Freeze of Deflection and Unity/unkillable relic. It's nice how easy this conquest is as a monk.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    That was the easiest achivement to get, i used this build cause it uses shenlongs

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/607...r-solo-version

All you need is shenlongs, focus and restraint and eye of the storm, the rest was literally random pieces i crafted on spot. Whole run was a joke, running from elite to elite and destroying them, with my health never dropping under 95% (i did have unity cubbed)

Got it by dying just before Rift guardian died. Don't know if they fixed that though

I did it by accident. There is a Rift Boss that leaps around causing cave ins, kill it as the animation for the jump attack begins and the boss won't die until it's finished jumping around, I went full herpaderp and got myself killed during the animation and apparently a dead char is a naked char, ding ding achi.