Thread: On dating pages

On dating pages

Have any of you ever used a dating page? I keep getting messages from people I'm not remotely interested in is there a way I can block them from even viewing my profile and messaging me in the first place?

Im a loser so I dont even try.

Posted an ad once looking for a woman, only got horrible responses from gay guys

Nope, just gotta ignore the messages if the people don't interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Im a loser so I dont even try.

Posted an ad once looking for a woman, only got horrible responses from gay guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Depends on what site you're on. Most dating sites I visited had a block/ignore option

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You mean those dating sites? If I were single, I'd definitely be on one, myself. The thought of trying one out has crossed my mind, purely on the basis to see and gauge the reactions of others, which, in and of itself, feels like I'd be leading people on. So, I haven't made one for fun, yet.

However, as for the ability to block and selectively filter your audience, that's specific to the individual site, I would imagine. Most of them, I would assume, require premium services for such tailoring to a profile.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    The only one I am using right now is Tinder. Works very well since the person can't talk to you if you do not match with eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Have any of you ever used a dating page? I keep getting messages from people I'm not remotely interested in is there a way I can block them from even viewing my profile and messaging me in the first place?
    How is the site supposed to know you're not interested in someone?

Also, if you cut off your options before you explore them, you close yourself off to opportunities. That said, most dating sites have a block system. Unfortunately, since you just call it a "dating page", I can't tell you for sure if the one you're using has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How is the site supposed to know you're not interested in someone?

Also, if you cut off your options before you explore them, you close yourself off to opportunities. That said, most dating sites have a block system. Unfortunately, since you just call it a "dating page", I can't tell you for sure if the one you're using has one.
    I use OkCupid. It would be good if I could block people based on various variables that exists on the page.

I noticed something pretty worrying, it's like 200 guys for every one woman on those pages, why is that? They never respond! One said she gets 100-200 messages per day, that's insane. I get maybe 1-2 responses per week.