Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assad, while an asshole, is involved in global politics. ISIS is not; it isn't considered a country, like Assad and Syria. Assad isn't going to go to war with other countries in fear of international retaliation. His higher stature controls him to some extent, just like North Korea. ISIS, on the other hand, because of its guerrilla style nature and less formal structure and association to other countries is more volatile and more dangerous. I think Putin is choosing the lesser of two evils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Putin: "Arming ISIS is bad."
    Firespark: "Putin is delusional."

So I guess you think we should support ISIS?

Yeah.. Sure..
    Assad is worse than ISIS and you dare to call other people delusional?
    Why am i not surprised that you agree with putin xD

this is one point i agree with putin on, tbh. we've caused the problems in the middle east, and removing assad from power will only make things worse.

we need to side with assad.

We should play a "Who said it, Putin or Obama" game ^^

Here's one: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/who...tin-2015-09-28
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Putin: "Arming ISIS is bad."
    Firespark: "Putin is delusional."

So I guess you think we should support ISIS?

Yeah.. Sure..
    Assad is worse than ISIS and you dare to call other people delusional?
    he is worse than isis, the only reason you think isis are worse than him is because they think that they do what they do because of religion, and because assad is "secular"

for you "and lots of people who post in mmo "as long as you are religious or do thing in the name of religion then your crimes are far worse than that of a secular . if isis keep killing people for 10 more years" as much as they been killing for the last 2 years", they will still be better than assad.

the only argument you can come with is that assad killed way more people because he has a more advanced army and anything else you say is BS
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    It's a checkmate from Putin and i am glad.

Its about time to incinerate ISIS and any other extremist group. We can talk after for the transition of power in Syria.
    End ISIS and then talk about Assad imo.
    the problem is, they all grabbed the refugee tag and went to fight a global jihad, i think anyone with an ounce of common sense knows a new era is terror is coming, the refugees are nothing more than invaders, and the weak people of the EU will kneel to their terror and threats.

PC progressives just keep their heads in the sand, im not sure of their motives, it's not human rights, its something more sinister.....unless they really are this fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Did Putin say anything about the Crimea or Ukraine?
    In interview he said that he has information about all the actors, sums, and actions used for illegal overthrow of Yanukovich, justifying his assessment of situation of Ukraine as illegal coup.

Putin told Charley Rose that he invaded Georgia, Crimea and Ukraine because of all the Russian nationals living in those countries, the same Russian nationals Stalin placed in those countries.
    Donbass was "placed into Ukraine" by Lenin after being part of Russia for centuries; Crimea same even later by Khruschev. Who would not love to overturn those horrible Soviet atrocities?! :P

Also people supporting Ukrainian sovereignty and in the same breath decrying Syrian/Assad sovereignty are hilarious... You can modify many posts by replacing "Syria" with "Ukraine", and "Assad" with "Poroshenko", and have it look like perfect image of Western perception of Russian propaganda.

Imho everyone hold a bit of responsibility on what is happening in syria, but yes what he say is right, the west supported arab springs and in return the entire region is more destabilized than ever, fortunately egypt's army took up the lead otherwise even that country would have been fucked up.
    If you ask me the primary responsible of what happening are european countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    True. If Asaad had have been a better ruler, his people wouldn't have started a civil war against him and ISIS wouldn't have had a place to start and grow.
    "If Poroshenko had have been a better ruler of Ukraine, his people wouldn't have started a civil war against him and pro-Russian rebels would had no place to start and grow."

...not like rebel movement in Syria haven't been supported by other Gulf states (and/or West) from very beginning.

I don't think using Asaad is the best answer to getting rid of ISIS.
    There are no "best" answers here. Only "good enough".

Right now we don't give much of any aid to either side so we should just fully support the factions we agree with so that they can effectively fight Asaad and ISIS at the same time.
    Did you miss all the news about US doing exactly that? Huge program that amounted to 4 million $ per rebel trained... which were for most part either immediately captured or went to Al-Nusra with all Western weaponry...

Asaad also has to fight ISIS and ISIS has to fight everyone else. Add in Turkey, Jordan, and Iran (won't happen but we should really ally with Iran against Sunni extremists), and ISIS has too much to handle. When they are gone, the war will be one on one with one side having all the stuff they got to fight ISIS and their territory against Asaad, who gained nothing.
    Which side would that be? Turkey would be extremely wary of strengthening Kurds; Iran would be wary of arming extremists... moderate rebels basically non-existant at this stage. Who exactly do you have in mind?

I want a gif of Randy Marsh rolling up making the siren noise "weeoooeeeoo Did you just disagree with Putin, brah?"

No reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

People warned BEFORE the Iraq war that this is exactly what would happen--we would destabilize the region and militant extremists would fill the vacuum. But using that as an excuse to arm Assad reminds me of Tyrion's line about Cersei using honest feelings to do dishonest work.

Deleted
    Putin is right

Assad may be an evil tyrant, but he is what's needed to stop terrorism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    US gets blamed if we go to war, we get blamed when we don't
    Yeah, you poor poor victims. Always fighting the good fight not fueled by self interests. Still nobody likes you.

Is that how you guys see yourself? As victims because people dislike what your government does?

Putin, the eternal hypocrite, lecturing others about human rights lol. This guy has so much nerve....

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Putin, the eternal hypocrite, lecturing others about human rights lol. This guy has so much nerve....
    Every leader is hypocritical. Not only Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    the problem is, they all grabbed the refugee tag and went to fight a global jihad, i think anyone with an ounce of common sense knows a new era is terror is coming, the refugees are nothing more than invaders, and the weak people of the EU will kneel to their terror and threats.

PC progressives just keep their heads in the sand, im not sure of their motives, it's not human rights, its something more sinister.....unless they really are this fucking stupid.
    They won't do anything like that dude, trust me. If they start shit like that they know they'll cause the next crusade which most probably will wipe a big part of the Muslims out of the face of this planet. Even they aren't so stupid.

On other news:

Saudi FM: Assad must go or face 'military option'

I mean we all knew the Saudis are the biggest sponsor of terrorism (along with Iran) in that region, but here you have it gents, they openly threaten him.
    I can't wait for Putin's response to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    They won't do anything like that dude, trust me. If they start shit like that they know they'll cause the next crusade which most probably will wipe a big part of the Muslims out of the face of this planet. Even they aren't so stupid.

On other news:

Saudi FM: Assad must go or face 'military option'

I mean we all knew the Saudis are the biggest sponsor of terrorism (along with Iran) in that region, but here you have it gents, they openly threaten him.
    I can't wait for Putin's response to that.
    See it positive! As long as Putin plays "Hide the bomb" with the Saudis, they won't bother us over here!

He boasts of "human rights, including the right to life"....but not for gays.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Or political opponents.

/whatthefrickbbqsauce30limits

I admire putin, hes showing the world that the halfrican in the white house is a coward and pushover.

I also approve of his meathods. The problem with stupid lefties is that they think that everyone in the world is equal to us. They think all cultures are equal and that's just no true.

Some cultures are primitive and not as advanced as us. Islam and democracy can't coexisting successfully. Putin understand that people who worship islam need to be ruled over for their own good and for the good of everyone else. This is why assad needs to stay no matter the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Homosexuals aren't killed in russia that is what they do in muslim countries.

Russia just doesn't allow them to push their agenda on normal society. You can be gay but just keep it to yourself, that's the way it should be everywhere. To me it's not different than any other fetish. You think people would tolerate people who are into scat sex having marches in public?