Page 1 of 3
LastLast

what`s wrong with these guys?

I was just browsing 9gag while bored at work, and found this one:

http://9gag.com/gag/aPGX6yg?ref=android.s.fb

It has come to my attention that more and more players from EU are complaining about Russians.
    When I used to play WoW, most of them where on their on servers, but what do I know, that was a few years ago.

But whenever I play Dota 2 or HotS, there has to be a russian guy ruining the game for my team, or the other.
    And by the pic above, it`s not only these two games they are ruining.

I know for sure that other nationalities ruin games, even I did ruin some, but I don`t know if anyone ever knew my nationality as I wasn`t cursing or saying stuff in my language.
    So the conclusion is that Russians kinda' enjoy messing up and making a brand of themselves, as either the top, or the opposite mosh pit of scrubs.

Why is that? Aren`t they tired of being put off by others when saying "Hi" in Russian on general, and instantly get kicked, flamed, cursed or whatever.
    I know some of them cheat, walking on walls, perma invis, DDoS-ing and others. But why make such a bad name of your country? Why? What is wrong with them? Clearly something is, otherwise we wouldn`t complain.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Deleted
    - They don't understand/speak English.
    - They make the game/match lag in every game.
    - When facing them in WoW, they are always a premade.

Deleted
    i dont mind playing with russians anymore, it was only annoying to me when the EU wow client didn't recognise the Russian language, so it spazzed out and just replaced everything with massive tooltips filled with "????????????", but now they have fixed that, i don't care.

but they do seem to do a lot of premade stuff which gets annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Russians aren't bad players, but there's usually a different culture within games (as with everywhere else) which means they do things differently. That on top of the language barrier makes it frustrating to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is fairly anti west, so they dont learn English as near as much as other countries.

They get into a game like that without being able to communicate and then have an fu attitude.

My only problem is that I have no idea what to call a player with basic Russian name in wow. No recognizable nickname, or translation provided for their names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I've been told that for dota atleast, it's because their servers are shit.
    I don't buy it and i would love it if they fucked off for good or valve putting inn region locks.

Having russian shitters on my team in a game where communication is that fucking important does nothing but make my blood boil, fuck i'll even take fucking BR's and pinoys over russians.

I am not talking about premades, which are actually good, they teach EU players how to gang up, I love that.
    I am talking about the attitude that Collegeguy mentioned, they act like they have a higher superiority to us...

Why so much hate on the westerners? What did we do? Is it politics? Are they brain washed by the Putin regime?
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    My only problem is that I have no idea what to call a player with basic Russian name in wow. No recognizable nickname, or translation provided for their names.
    Learning the Cyrillic alphabet is pretty easy. Then, at least, you can pronounce their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Pretty much this, otherwise it is not much of a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Learning the Cyrillic alphabet is pretty easy. Then, at least, you can pronounce their names.

Useless when I want to adress them in writing ingame.
    I can read the alphabet, but I do not know all the shortcuts to insert them manually. It would be a hassle anyway.

Deleted
    I really hate people who refuse to speak english when playing online. Russians are the worst offenders in that regard, from experience, in dota. In some other games it's brazilians, portugese and polish people. In another game it's other nationalities, I tell swedes to shut the fuck up and speak english if they start speaking swedish in anything but private chats.

Why not just learn Russian so you can communicate with them

10+ Year Old Account
    How many russians did you identify among english-speaking people? Or even more, how many different origin people you identify among english-speakers? Through the years of playing WoW I've met a lot of people with good written english... and majority of them were not british. Following same cherry-picking logic, why brits suck so much at english? d:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    Why so much hate on the westerners? What did we do? Is it politics? Are they brain washed by the Putin regime?
    If you view somebody as inferior human being, it's not so unexpected they will return the favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Russian gamers are to europe what brazilians are to America
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don´t understand why the realms are in the same realm pool. It makes no sense. Sure it´s the same region, kind of, but there´s a pretty hefty language barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Pretty much this, otherwise it is not much of a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Useless when I want to adress them in writing ingame.
    I can read the alphabet, but I do not know all the shortcuts to insert them manually. It would be a hassle anyway.
    I think he meant translate it into Roman characters. So you can read Хруще́в ‎ and call them Khrushchev.

Or just call them Vladimir. Your call.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have Putin on the brain. Go read the Putin thread for more info, but honestly, it saves you the headache of Putin logic when they don't speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    They have Putin on the brain. Go read the Putin thread for more info, but honestly, it saves you the headache of Putin logic when they don't speak English.
    The 2k page putin thread got closed.

I am not talking about premades, which are actually good, they teach EU players how to gang up, I love that.
    I am talking about the attitude that Collegeguy mentioned, they act like they have a higher superiority to us...

Just like you have a bad view of russian players they probably have that same view towards american players. It goes both ways. They also assume you are brainwashed just like you assume they are. Stop assuming they are the only ones that are brainwashed, while the whole west is being turned into extreme leftist and assume it's "normal". Seriously always look at both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Just like you have a bad view of russian players they probably have that same view towards american players. It goes both ways. They also assume you are brainwashed just like you assume they are. Stop assuming they are the only ones that are brainwashed, while the whole west is being turned into extreme leftist and assume it's "normal". Seriously always look at both sides.
    Americans don't sit on russian server's shitting it up with english, unlike russians on english speaking servers.