26. This poll is closed
  • For it

12 46.15%
  • Against it

14 53.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    You'd have been a big fan of most Central American autocratic dictatorships.
    Not when they are morally corrupt and cause their country to degenerate, no. You seem to be getting the death penalty confused with random acts of murder.

The lines should be clear cut - You do X deed, that is considered by law to be worthy of the death penalty, you are found guilty, then you get put to death. I'm not talking about "Bobby lifted up a girl's skirt at school! Kill him nao!", I'm talking about "This man has raped and murdered people. He has shown himself to be a degenerate to society, and therefore should be removed from it completely."
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm kind of torn. On one hand we should act civilized in this modern world of ours and move past it. On the other hand it is a permanent solution to a shitty problem. But then again you have to factor in wrong convictions which result in innocent people getting executed...

I'm not sure, but if I HAD to choose I'd be against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    If it's so easy then you should do it yourself, instead of putting someone else through the trauma of having to kill another human being. Putting the sociopaths to good use.
    Endersblade - told ya. Only took 1 post after mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support it but only under certain conditions. First there can't be any fault in who is executed, the evidence has to be overwhelming and concrete. Such as a giving the death penalty to a mall shooter who was captured or a school/movie theater shooter. In situations like that where the person is guilty without any doubt in anyone mind I support it.

It also has to be cheaper obviously than life in prison, if life in prison is a cheaper process than the death penalty then that also hurts it. Again if there isn't any doubt at all that someone is guilty of an absolutely terrible crime I don't believe they should be given the chance to be "rehabilitated" nor should they be allowed to live the rest of their days in prison.

So again I support it but only under certain circumstances and the system has to be altered to support it. No giving such criminals a chance to appeal and appeal, they should essentially have no rights once they commit a horrible and unforgivable crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until our justice system isn't flawed then I'm against it. Innocent people on death row (and there are some) should never be a possibility.

For it, needs to be quicker and used more and in other cases. Repeat drug offenders, 8 DUI's, 3 armed robberies, those committing those kind of offenses have no benefit being released, and holding them for life is a waste.

Establish a national death penalty process, with Federal courts only, special purpose attorneys for prosecution and public defense, dedicated judges, and prisons. Make the trial process quicker and lesser burden on individual area, streamlined limited appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am against it. An Eye for an Eye Will Make the Whole World Blind.
    How does this work? If you lock someone up and then that person gets free and alerts the police, they will then be locked up, right? That's eye for an eye right there. They locked someone up and then get locked up themselves.

against. but only because i don't know if there's an afterlife.

if there is, definitely 100% against.

if there wasn't, i wouldn't care what we do with criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    With extremely controversial discussions that will eventually derail into EU vs US arguments, it's far better to have some form of current event to frame the discussion to keep it from derailing into endless arguments. As it's already trending in that direction, I'm going to go ahead and shut this down now.

Closed