Question Problem with the rotation?

Hi friends, i am newbie in the hunter class, I was before an warrior but for the lack of range in my core i decide to reroll a class ranged and main the hunter, reading the guide of azortharion and the icy veins i was doing low dps before get the 4 piece of the current tier but my dps still very low i do 75k burst and the rest of the fight i keep aroud 55k or less in the mannoroth fight last night and also in the others fights i do the same dps, in the current ilvl of my character(703 ilvl) i should pull keep aroud 75k or more and burst much more highly, i think is the rotation problem and priority

I usally do this: Chiamera-Stampede-Aimed Shot(x2 if the one recover the focus)-Rapid Fire-Steady shot 3 times-Aimed Again-Chiamera-Aidmed until i have low focus-Steady shot-Chimaera and them the rotation repeat. I have problem with chimaera in some moments is still in cd with 1 o 2 sec and i wait until is up, how you manage that problem?

Besides that what do wrong with the rotation? I am really desesperate guys pls i need help.

I am also new to this forum and i cant publish link but my hunter is Maxgor-Ragnaros US realms.

I think you're overestimating how much you should be doing at 703 ilvl. You won't be doing 75k except on niche cleave/AoE/add fights.

But as for your rotation, it seems generally fine. Learning how to use your 8 globals between chimeras is a thing that comes with practice. Steady shot is not a bad thing to do if you have 2s left til ChS, if you won't focus cap. This is especially useful with the T18 2pc which will allow you to occasionally have 4s of almost-guaranteed critical AiS....the more focus you have going into ChS, the better in case of this proc, but that's an "advanced" technique that's really min-max in nature.

Generally, if you have 1s left on ChS and you have 85 (no ToTH) or 65 (ToTH) focus, you can AiS before your ChS. If you're not at those focus levels right before a Chimera Shot....well, that's poor planning on your part. Generally, I like to think of my Chimera Shot CD in two phases - I want to dump a lot of focus right after Chimera Shot, and then build up for when Chimera Shot is coming off CD. This of course changes based on procs/important adds, etc, but it's a rule of thumb that's become almost second nature to me after years of playing hunter.

Hunters don't have a rotation, so much as a priority. To paraphrase the guide...

1: Chim Shot
    2: Kill Shot
    3: Powershot/Glaive Toss/Barrage when multiple targets
    4: Aimed Shot as long as it doesn't mess with the above
    5: Steady Shot

To do this in practice correctly takes... well, practice. You'll need to know how much focus your generating, how long a Steady Shot takes for you, know if you need to prepare for a Barrage on adds, etc. Remember, you can save Thrill procs and/or pool focus to prepare for a burst; you don't have to cast Aimed as soon as you have enough for it, and you shouldn't. At the end of the day the most important thing is casting Chim Shot as often as possible, and what you cast should revolve mostly around that.

As far as how to handle Chim Shot's CD, the general rule of casters (and hunters) is ABC, Always Be Casting. So, let's say you have 70 focus, but Chim Shot is coming off CD in 1 sec (let's assume your 90 talent is on CD), you would cast another Steady, because... 1: If you cast Aimed you won't have enough for Chim when it comes off CD, 2: If you wait, you're losing time and gaining nothing for it. However, delaying Chim can be a thing. The general rule of thumb is if you're only delaying .5 sec or less for it, you wait. This window can increase depending on the situation: for example, on M Tyrant, where almost every Chim I cast will hit 2 targets, I raise the window to .8 sec, because getting off more Chims in that fight is worth the time loss.

Beyond that, I'll just throw a few things out there. Track your Thrill procs closely. Always use RF with the ring, once your toon gets it. Get Mirror if you can (the trinket off Council), it's much better than your Censer. Make sure your nameplates change when a target goes below 35% for easy Kill Shot snipping. A good Barrage with the ring up is godlike.

If you need any further advice, feel free to pm me.

Edit: In terms of glyphs, you'll want to have Glyph of Disengage and Glyph of the Cheetah.

main things are, not necessarily in order; keep movement to a minimum, think ahead trying to always make sure you have the focus for your next ability, keep an eye on what abilities are coming next, such as imps on mano or infernals, the fear & what I call the purple running machine.
    With out logs (you can post in the sticky up the top of the forum) that's really all we can offer, as the opener looks kks.

One of the keys to hunters is to always make sure you can fire off the priority rotation with minimal delay on the abilities which is why keeping an eye on the things mentioned above is important, and not to get caught in the moment but trying to be caught 2/3 steps ahead of the moment.

To your character specifically, get your self the Mirror as soon as you can (use this even if it's normal ver over censer for the majority of fights swapping it out on fights like gorefiend), and get your ring upgraded, that will also add a chunk of pew pew for you, then it's about just upgrading the rest of your gear.

Thank you so much guys i recently put in practice these tips, I was thinking that chiamera should be cast at the same second is up but now better use steady focus or the talent 90(which come to another questiom....glaives or powershot with 4 pieces) and one of the problems about delaying chimaera in some moments was because i usually was spaming aimed shot with 70 focus and i them steady shot...but that fixed thank you so much guys, i have a better dps now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Thank you so much guys i recently put in practice these tips, I was thinking that chiamera should be cast at the same second is up but now better use steady focus or the talent 90(which come to another questiom....glaives or powershot with 4 pieces) and one of the problems about delaying chimaera in some moments was because i usually was spaming aimed shot with 70 focus and i them steady shot...but that fixed thank you so much guys, i have a better dps now
    Powershot for single target, Barrage for AoE. In practice that means you use Barrage for every fight except for Zakuun. However, there are exceptions: on M Gore you'll want to use Glaive Toss, due to the nature of how you need to do add damage in that fight and the fact that it CCs, and on any fight that has multiple targets but only single target dps matters, you'd still take Powershot. Examples would be M Iskar (assuming you're doing the zerg strat), any mode of Soch if you're not personally dealing with the Souls, M Tyrant. You'll do less "dps", but your effective damage to the targets that matter will be higher, and that's what matters at the end of the day (unless you're just trying to parse).
    Last edited by Thaliah; 2015-10-03 at 06:03 PM.

Hi Thaliah, in this expantion i am not doing mythic cause my realm many people go to play casual this expantion and the lack of people is difficult to do a core with 20 persons and can log in the raid time, maybe the next one i would go to raid hardcore, once again thank you very much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaliah View Post
    Hunters don't have a rotation, so much as a priority. To paraphrase the guide...
    I fucking hate when people talk about fixing their "rotations" etc, I doubt many classes have "rotations" any more. It's more about a priority list and reacting to procs.... with different priority in the procs

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    I fucking hate when people talk about fixing their "rotations" etc
    Calm down.

if you had some logs, i could tell you what you're doing what/what you should be doing more and less

this is a very intresting thread, i am in the same boat as OP. recently got the 4-p bonus and it drains my focus darn fast and im way to eager to spend it combined to try to save enough for chimaera ends me up always starving when i really need to burst. and in the end totally f**k up my dps :P

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    I fucking hate when people talk about fixing their "rotations" etc
    I am playing since woltk and for some players is still a old habit call rotation, and also why are comment in the first place if you hate so much that word? 0 sence you comment.