Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    One, it's literally called 'Slave Trade' right there in that caption, and two, your wage argument makes zero goddamn sense because my great grandfather's employer is not paying me for wages lost because of a lack of worker's rights in the early century. As a caucasian person in the Americas in 2015, I am no more responsible for the Slave Trade than a modern Mongolian is for Genghis Khan. Reparations don't make sense at this point.
    It's insulting to call them workers. To imply that they willingly picked cotton and worked on plantations akin to paid help is ridiculous.

It's very upsetting to me because black kids learning from this book will think that their ancestors were treated fairly AND were willing. I don't think the world slave was redundant just because they said it was the slave trade in the same sentence, if anything it's only your white guilt that's trying to make you feel better about yourself by denoting them as 'workers' instead of what they were.

Melanoidnation.org, the source of that picture, is an anti-white African extremist organization. But le evil whitey!!!

Pretty sure slaves worked.

The Saturday Shinra thread, everybody.

There really needs to be a sub forum called "greatest hits" and this needs to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    It's insulting to call them workers. To imply that they willingly picked cotton and worked on plantations akin to paid help is ridiculous.
    I bolded the part that describes this thread =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

It's very upsetting to me because black kids learning from this book will think that their ancestors were treated fairly AND were willing. I don't think the world slave was redundant just because they said it was the slave trade in the same sentence, if anything it's only your white guilt that's trying to make you feel better about yourself by denoting them as 'workers' instead of what they were.
    Are you saying black kids can't understand that is says slave trade above it? Who's the fucking racist now?

Deleted

Are you on drugs? Can I have some?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-10-03 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

worker
    ˈwəːkə/
    noun
    noun: worker; plural noun: workers
    a person who works, in particular:
    a person who does a specified type of work or who works in a specified way.
    "a farm worker"

Work doesn't imply payment, it implies doing something.

Your argument only makes sense if the rest of the entire book ignores what the Slave Trade was all about and how they were treated. Does it?

Deleted
    It doesn't imply that at all, since the very line before it (and probably the rest of the text on the page that we don't get to see) identifies that they were brought as part of the slave trade. What's ridiculous is crying about this shit without engaging your brain.

Deleted
    Haha, embarrassing. Is this what SJWs do with their free time? A lot of textbooks, especially pre-university are pretty crap regardless.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-10-03 at 06:59 PM.

Bang your head on the wall until all your stupid is beaten out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    Melanoidnation.org, the source of that picture, is an anti-white African extremist organization. But le evil whitey!!!
    This has zero relevance to the discussion. If they [Melanoidnation.org] are pointing out injustices and white revisionist history in the education system then kudos to them for fighting the good the fight. Someone needs to balance the scales.

I read the title and I instantly knew the thread was going to be bullshit, but I didn't expect this level of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

This thread needs to get locked, we don't need to feed the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh no! WoW is doing it too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=5843/slave-worker#drops

If we're not careful we'll have BILLIONS of innocent black kids thinking that slavery was okay!

This has zero relevance to the discussion. If they [Melanoidnation.org] are pointing out injustices and white revisionist history in the education system then kudos to them for fighting the good the fight. Someone needs to balance the scales.
    You realize you're demeaning blacks with this post. You are the only racist person in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Since when were the slaves 'workers'? Since they are workers all of a sudden now why aren't the white western countries paying wages to the descendants of these 'workers'.
    1. All slaves were workers. They did work, that's the point of a slave.
    2. Only a small percentage of the population owned slaves. They were rich. Owning a Slave was a luxury item during the peak of slavery. After all you had to buy them food, clothing, and medical attention.
    3. African ancestored people also owned slaves during the those years, in fact the first slave in North America was owned by an African ancestored person.
    4. 100% of all slaves who were taken from Africa were sold into slavery by Native Africans. Most of whom were of the Muslim faith, they sold people of traditional pagan beliefs into slavery.
    5. After the Civil war, slaves were paid back for being slaves by US Grant. It's part of why America has such a divide with race. Because Grant wanted to punish slave owners.
    6. the Vast majority of Slave owners who survived the Civil War moved to Argentina. You want them to pay you back for work done by your ancestors, it should be interesting to watch since Argentina is one nation that really doesn't care.
    7. What about White slaves? The Irish were also used as slave labor during that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    You realize you're demeaning blacks with this post. You are the only racist person in this thread.
    "Blacks can't think for themselves! If someone doesn't explicitly and exclusively use the word "slave" whenever referring to the ancestors of black learners, they will never be able to understand history - even if in the same sentence they already used the words "slave trade"

~Shinra1, 2015.

Deleted

You are being the biggest racist right now. What you somehow tried to awkwardly convay, has backfired in your face like a load of cum.
    OOOOPS sorry. Cum is white. Par -Don- Me, Im so racist right now! ^^