Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Are you 'special', do you know what it is like to grow up different in America? Do you have first hand experiences being something other than a WASP in America?

    As a kid, I was reminded every day by everyone What I was. What my family history supposedly was. It's not like I could hide my nose, and curly hair. Oh (Jewish ancestored), I didn't even know what a Jew was until I was 11 years old, since my Mother converted before my birth to Christianity. Still I had Olive skin, black curly hair, and was clearly not a WASP. (W= White, AS = Anglo-Saxon, P= Protestant)

    I learned about the Holocaust, and kids made jokes about how my family was cooked. So if you think growing up African Ancestored in America means they can be fooled in not knowing how they were treated. Lets talk about how they are treated today. Because every time they do anything they are reminded they have dark skin, and curly hair. They are reminded that they came from people who didn't choose to live in North America. There is no misunderstandings as to what being the descendant of a slave means in America even today. As for the South, and other places where Slavery happened, the Racists want to go back to Slavery, they are not Apologizing, they are not white washing history, they are proud of their roots. What is actually sad, as I said before, only the richest owned slaves, and most of their children are Argentinians.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them.

    The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

  2. #82
    The Lightbringer Aori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Sshhh we don't talk about it, didn't you get the memo? whitey is evil and has always taken advantage of the noble african.
    Yep, we timetraveled to set the whole slavery thing in motion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust?

    The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US.
    Holocaust was an attempted extinction of a specific group of people.

  3. #83
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them.

    The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI
    We dick swinging now? My people have been oppressed for at least 1000 years, what the fuck does it have to do with things happening today?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post



    Since when were the slaves 'workers'? Since they are workers all of a sudden now why aren't the white western countries paying wages to the descendants of these 'workers'.
    Does anyone see the irony that white people are the ones who ended slavery for most of the world but they are the ones mostly blamed for it?

  5. #85
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Yep, we timetraveled to set the whole slavery thing in motion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Holocaust was an attempted extinction of a specific group of people.
    But it only lasted 4 years, so obviously not as bad.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  6. #86
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If you have a relevant argument make it. If you want to shitpost, spare us.
    Black People are just as guilty of Slavery as White People, yet only White People get shit for it.

    Thought that was pretty obvious.

  7. #87
    Mechagnome Exiztence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    621
    Outa curiosity, do you pals over pond learn in school that the Blacks that were transported to America were sold to slavery by other Blacks?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    it's not about them not knowing that the workers were slaves it's about the book using language that erases a part of history because it's inconvenient for the (read: white ) people who wrote the book.

    I disagree that taking out the gore and the graphic content of history is a good thing when all it does is rewrite history to make the slave owners less alarming and immoral
    Who did it erase history for though? You? The slaves did in fact do labor, coupling that with the fact that nobody thinks "slaves had it easy", I don't see where you think this scenario of "history being changed" is taking place.

    As for blood and gore being in history books, it's not going to happen lol. At least not for kids. For example, a book can discuss the terrorist attack on 9/11 in full context without having to go into details about people dying from smoke inhalation or jumping out of windows and splattering.

  9. #89
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah its a pretty blatant attempt at using friendlier language.
    It literally says SLAVE TRADE at the top - even 6 year old is capable of that 'connection'

  10. #90
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mal'Ganis (US)
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Does anyone see the irony that white people are the ones who ended slavery for most of the world but they are the ones mostly blamed for it?
    yeah but if we can't talk about slavery how else are minorities supposed to demand pity?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them.

    The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI
    ...are you trying to downplay the holocaust because of the time frame?

    Are YOU serious right now?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    On the other hand, you do have societies built on hundreds of years of unpaid labor and one can reasonably hold the position that maintaining that status is immoral.
    Well the government came up with a solution to this, equal rights for everyone. Do you have a better solution?

  13. #93
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Outa curiosity, do you pals over pond learn in school that the Blacks that were transported to America were sold to slavery by other Blacks?
    They skip out the section of history known as the Triangle Trade, it gets in the way of there guilt fetish.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Is not fabricating history, but calling slaves workers comes off as trying to make a dick move seem less shit.
    Wtf else would you call them? Wage handicapped? Unpaid forced labor? Slaves worked - technically not unpaid since they were given food and shelter. But they were still workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Does anyone see the irony that white people are the ones who ended slavery for most of the world but they are the ones mostly blamed for it?
    Maybe they get blamed the most because they are the ones that benefited the most and are still benefiting today through the accumulation of generational wealth and systemic racism while the descendants of slaves are fighting over scraps.

  16. #96
    Wow. This was a truly weird post made by the OP. Somehow he made up some own definition of the word "worker" where a person can only be called a worker if he gets paid, as if that was the definition. And also he gets upset that in the sentence "The Atlantic Slave trade... brought millions of workers.." slaves are referred to as workers.

    First I figured he was probably just trolling or something but then he goes on to defend his reaction. So weird. :/

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean really, "workers" is the nicest word they could possibly use there. If their language fails to differentiate between "all people who do work" and "people who were owned as property" here its probably bad wording. Grammatically correct? Yes, but that's not the sole test for good word usage, as this thread seems to think.
    Sounds like it could easily be taken that it was changed to talk about slaves as humans, rather than just an object that was owned.

  18. #98
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Maybe they get blamed the most because they are the ones that benefited the most and are still benefiting today through the accumulation of generational wealth and systemic racism while the descendants of slaves are fighting over scraps.
    Success should be punished.

    Nice ideology you've got there.

  19. #99
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    On the other hand, you do have societies built on hundreds of years of unpaid labor and one can reasonably hold the position that maintaining that status is immoral.
    Oh, that is true, not disagreeing on that. But current society cannot be held fully responsible for the past, unless they redo it that is. Some foundations have also had a turn of story, becoming more for awareness than actual grim status.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  20. #100
    Good job folks, you've played into OP's wringing, diabolical hands and are now having a dick measuring contest to see who has the most oppressed history on page five of the thread.

    Good job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •