Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    No. That artcraft post was made when Warlords of Draenor was in beta stage.
    So, MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Why make a preview of something you are not going to put in-game, at least for the next 2 years? That was a waste of time and resources. Blizzard is becoming more stupid every year.
    They do that all the time. It's not new, hell Wrath showed us Dance Studio and we've NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT. That's what happens when you get early previews of things, sometimes they don't make the final cut. If you prefer they could only show us things when they're definitely going to be included, a week before patch day, and this website could have tumbleweeds blowing through it half the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They should have redesigned Bladespire citadel when they finally decided not to use it as a hub. It feels so big and empty that it gives the impression of an unfinished state.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grom would have made such a great end boss, instead we had Archimonde rehashed from Hyjal with his encounter redesigned and we still don't get to kill Grom, it takes all the satisfaction out of the expansions end

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    only difference between WoD and vanilla and every other Xpac is that this time Blizz tried to be open and actually told us everything they WANTED to do and the player base took it all as a promise of what they would do. WoW has always had a massive amount of features cut the only difference with WoD was that Blizzard actually talked about it
    Oh please stop with this "they didn't promise us" crap already. It's not about "promising" - it's about PROMOTING their product!

Blizzcon is, was, and always will be a promotional tool Blizzard uses to sell and hype us up on upcomming products.

If a movie producer comes up and promises you're going to have a Star Wars movie where Darth Vader returns and Angelina Jolie is going to be the lead Jedi - then a day or two before its released they announce "Woops, we're not doing any of that and replace it with nothing instead" - you DON'T think fans who pre-bought tickets are going to be upset!?

Imagine a car that was promoted with all kinds of features - and tons of people got hyped on this new car and even plunked down money early on so they can be the first to get this. Do you REALLY think they can get away with removing features from the car at that point!?

It's not about using the actual word "promise". Promotions ARE promises - particularly when announced at events.

There's also other things to consider... such as the fact that there was so much cut from WoD way more than any other expansion. And also lets NOT forget that Mists of Pandaria (the expansion right before WoD) was released and had NO CONTENT CUT!! Hell, they even pushed some of its content to EARLY RELEASE IN CATACLYSM (LFR, Transmog was originally planned for Pandaria).

Now, maybe they did cut a lot from Pandaria and we didn't know about it. You know what? That's fine - cus the level of content we got in Pandaria was a) holy spit amazing and b) they didn't PROMOTE any of the unused content at Blizzcon.

I can understand a raid zone, or even a leveling zone... but the sheer level of content cut from WoD that was PROMOTED early, combined with the total lack of content at endgame launch... yeah - it's very much Blizz's fault on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Grom would have made such a great end boss, instead we had Archimonde rehashed from Hyjal with his encounter redesigned and we still don't get to kill Grom, it takes all the satisfaction out of the expansions end
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt this way! Don't understand all these people saying "It's Archimonde! You can't beat that for a final boss!" and I'm like "Ummmm... he wasn't the final boss in BC?" - and regardless the whole story was about us vs Grom. if they wanted to do the whole "he flips and helps us" bit it should've been in VERY early WoD instead of a single cinematic prior to the final dungeon. In fact... I can't even recal a time where we NEGOTIATED with him saying we even WANTED his help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Wow absolutely beautiful list!
    Got to admit I was impressed too. I was VERY skeptical when reading the list - but then seeing the evidence below made my jaw drop. I had no idea of all the other things that was cut too. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How do you know? You could judge that AFTER blizzcon... not before. Also, they already revealed a lot on gamescom (class halls, artifact weapons, talents for such weapon, unique to each spec, some zones\raids\dungeons). Some of that might not even be in the game.. so how on earth can you make that statement this far ahead?
    You know... there is the conspiracy side of me that's actually quietly thinking/wondering if that's why Blizzard has been so super quiet as of recent. Not that they're being careful of what info they release (what I do want to believe), but rather they've cut something major and they're trying not to say anything till they can figure out a way to spin it instead at Blizzcon - knowing damn well that if they announce it now it will cause a shitstorm due to WoD backlash.

The list does look impressive.

Now, I think half of the items shouldn't be there, because it's fair game to change plans *when you decide to not do X and do Y instead*, but the other half that should remain is still huge.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good work mate. Sad to see this. WoD could have been awesome.

Deleted
    Whether or not they should announce things is a seperate discussion, but I don't understand why people are so surprised that things get cut. I work in IT, we have terrible projectmanagers and due to a fuckton of things going wrong we are often late and having to cut functionality out to still deliver something in reasonable timelines. And no, in a large multi-million dollar company you don't just "fix it". I personally blame politics for most of the issues, but it makes it the reality we have to work in. I think Blizzard is suffering from the exact same problems. It's just how the business works. It sucks, but all the hate is just going to make it worse for everyone. No one wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Whether or not they should announce things is a seperate discussion, but I don't understand why people are so surprised that things get cut. I work in IT, we have terrible projectmanagers and due to a fuckton of things going wrong we are often late and having to cut functionality out to still deliver something in reasonable timelines. And no, in a large multi-million dollar company you don't just "fix it". I personally blame politics for most of the issues, but it makes it the reality we have to work in. I think Blizzard is suffering from the exact same problems. It's just how the business works. It sucks, but all the hate is just going to make it worse for everyone. No one wins.
    The problem is in the scale. It's fine for things to get cut, the issue is that with WoD, they cut the amount comparable to what they released, that's not normal.

We should get a thread for other expansions aswell. Like the troll raid in wrath. Underwater raid in cata and so on and on.

This expansion could've been good.

Too bad it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Saying 'Whats the point of this thread?' is solid criticizm/good point in this thread for you, right?

I think Ghostcrawler (when he's no longer Blizzard related) is bad choice for an example.
    He didn't specify what posts he called "trolls", so it made it appear he called most people in the thread trolls.

Also, Ghostcrawler was the most vocal lead designer in his time, naturally it's 100% relevant to post his quotes from his time in Blizzard. You're just trying to make my argument invalid by pointing out he's no longer working for Blizzard - which is hardly relevant. His quote was from when he represented the company.

There are several other blues / devs on twitter that has spoken about content, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    This expansion could've been good.

Too bad it isn't.
    Meh, it's a decent expansion for a casual. I enjoy my time when I'm online, to be honest. I guess people who play more, runs out of things to do faster. Alas, the game is made for casuals these days.
    Hi

Well written
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Trial_of_the_Gladiator

could also count as cut/delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruggy View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Trial_of_the_Gladiator

could also count as cut/delayed.
    That's the case of a feature being flawed as designed, it's a good case of cutting (although they could do something in place of it and haven't).

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We should get a thread for other expansions aswell. Like the troll raid in wrath. Underwater raid in cata and so on and on.
    They would be very short threads that didnt compromise the endgame gameplay at launch. Closest might be cata, and yeah - there was complaining then. None durring mop for some odd reason... Funny that.

And lets ignore the fact the current WoD staff is significantly larger than in wrath/cata too

1. The scrapped interior of Karabor - yes, something I am sad about
    2. The Chronal Spire, Tanaan and Farahlon - Chronal spire was moved to Legion (karazhan is important which is what people though this was), tanaan is in game, and quite early on we learned it wasn't launch content, Farahlon was cut yes.
    3. Fungal Whale World Boss - do we care? Water bosses always suck. Water zones, almost always suck, another piss easy zerg boss isn't needed.
    4. Shattrath Raid - Would have been a great place for the end of WoD to segue to legion, and we could have still killed grom.
    5. Zangermarsh Zone- see fungal whale, also, was never going to be a questing zone.
    6. Unfinished Battlegrounds/Arenas - RiP PvP.
    7. All cut Garrison content [From what we KNOW] - Garrison design iterations do not count in my opinion, Shit is still shit even if you scent it with roses.
    8. Bladespire Citadel - Would have been ugly and not had the significance of Karabor, but still sadness.
    9. Ages of War Await - combines other points, don't be a jackass and pad.
    10. Early Gorgrond - cough cough design iteration.
    11. Blood Elf Models. - Look beautiful, except that a few of the faces look like that's a mean shit they are taking.
    12. Yrel's Dark Secret - Agree, was looking forward to this.
    13. Feral Worgen storyline in Shadowmoon Valley. - Glad, because this made no sense anyway, just shoehorning the werewolf moon relation.
    14. Maraad & Yrel relationship and more - Thank god the cut this, the shitstorm would have been bad
    15. Flying - should have stayed gone, didn't need it
    16. Tabard Tab - since some tabards have effects, I understand, still, want my ugly low poly scarlet crusade tabard on other toons because reasons.
    17. Ogre Island and Unnamed Large Southern Continent - God I hate Ogres wtb Zandalari.
    18. Medivh Cameo - lols, keep alternative azeroth shit away from me.
    19. Gorehowl Legendary Weapon - would have loved this for my main, retpaladin life.
    20. Grommash Hellscream End Boss - Archimonde is cooler, You want more orc?
    21. Broken Horn Village - If reps had been planned, would have been cool.
    22. Unused Hairstyles - I have a nice gouda for you.
    23. Kargath Survives - People would have bitched, "Highmaul was merely a setback" but I wanted more of him, visually so much cooler than pre transform kilrog (also, anyone notice the new skull in his beard?)
    24. Ancient Rylaks - Non point, that's a diseased rylak model.
    25. Orgrim Doomhammer Plot - Lot's of questions because this is unfinished, would have made a good hero to be our chosen replacement to grom, and then we could have led a joint force against shatt and guld'an summoning archi there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorsen View Post
    17. Ogre Island and Unnamed Large Southern Continent - God I hate Ogres wtb Zandalari.

Not even wrong man, as much as Zandalari has been used I want more of them the art style is great (also maybe then Blizz wil lgive us the zandalari model as a playable alternative to the crappy lanky models we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    Not even wrong man, as much as Zandalari has been used I want more of them the art style is great (also maybe then Blizz wil lgive us the zandalari model as a playable alternative to the crappy lanky models we have now.
    I hate trolls so much model wise, I hated when I played one for raid reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorsen View Post
    I hate trolls so much model wise, I hated when I played one for raid reasons.
    The Zandalari troll models were quite different as they were standing straight. The whole Council fight in ToT with the Gurubashi, Drakari, Farraki and Amani trolls made me CRAVE the ability to pick a sub race. What I wouldn't give to be a Farraki troll.

Deleted
    Best OP I've seen in ages.

Sad to think at what should have been a full and rich expansion.