Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Uncorrupted Tanaan was definitely cut. Did you not read?

Blood Elf models were delayed by one patch. Literally the definition of a delay.

Nothing to edit.
    Tanaan was said to be a patch before beta even began. It was always intended to be as a patch. Can you not read?

A lot of models were pushed FORWARD. NOT the same thing as delaying 1 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    At what point do they mention "subject to change"?
    Literally fucking everywhere.

expertly executed troll thread. i mean this is informative
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Tanaan was said to be a patch before beta even began. It was always intended to be as a patch. Can you not read?

A lot of models were pushed FORWARD. NOT the same thing as delaying 1 of them.

- - - Updated - - -
    Tanaan was datamined pretty early on and explorable in an alpha sandbox. It was almost certainly intended for launch (they definitely gave that impression at blizzcon. The blizzcon slide said 7 zones, and the game launched with 6) and was scrapped because they ran out of time. It was completely redesigned with 6.2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    People didn't just see previews and saw " promise", alot of this stuff was gone over during and after Blizzcon.

Blizzard themselves said they made the mistake of talking about way too much stuff that were just ideas that weren't going to be delivered.

Whether they stick the word promise on things or not, if you talk about a feature enough or stick it in a blog people make the assumption it is going to be part of the expansion. Look at the add on quivers and librams they previewed and said from the start that they probably wouldn't be seen in this expansion and you still have people asking g about them. Why? Because they took the time to post about them, wandered off and then came but wondering what happened.

That's not completely Blizzards fault, but it's obvious they learned from it because of how they are putting out information now.
    When they use features as hype to sell preorders...that's not "giving a look at development" or an "early preview". That is a promise that stuff will be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That is not Blizzards fault that idiots took a preview of in development, subject to change material as promised content.
    I'm sorry but if you show a product and start asking for pre-orders right after I don't give two shits if its still in development or not. You used content that isn't there to sell ur game. That should be illegal.

There is should be a system in place where a game can not ask for pre-orders unless the content shown will be in said game.

Whatever you use to hype up pre-orders better dam well be in the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If this is going to be brought back can we at least make the list accurate? Remove Tanaan from it as it wasn't cut. Blood Elf models weren't delayed. Everything else was pushed forward. Yrel's dark secret was actually speculated to be something highly inappropriate for the game.
    And class Accessories were never given a date so they couldn't have been delayed.

I'm not defending WoD. The expansion sucked a giant one for anyone that doesn't raid. The leveling is better this expac than previous ones, but for end game if you didn't raid you basically didn't play. But cutting corners for this list is as bad as removing content for an expansion.
    just curious, what was the speculation about yrel past?

Deleted
    trash 'expansion', just a few more months now hang in there..
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-12-26 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That is not Blizzards fault that idiots took a preview of in development, subject to change material as promised content. Also, most of what go cut never made it into the game at all. the stuff that people saw was from a sandboxed alpha build that was not available to anyone but staff and F&F. The only things to be upset about are Farahlon not being in the game and the story that was sacrificed and chopped up as a result. Other than that the other stuff is typical stuff that gets cut on a regular basis.
    there is more to it than just innocent testing, previews and alpha only content. blizzard put out alot of blue posts and then later imo, massive back pedaling excuses, and some DEVs go silent hoping we would forget. even stating in posts that they did not deceive, players put together bits and pieces from posts they made...serious bold face lie, when their posts are on the record. if anything it proved the DEVs are not communicating or at times reading what other DEVs are tweeting, posting, or saying on interviews.

what blizz did this expac is on a far larger scale than any previous expac

they tried their best to reneg flying

nov 13 2013.....We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor. No flying while leveling has been the case during Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Mists of Pandaria. We allowed flying during Cataclysm because as those zones were mixed-in with the 1-60 world it just would have been really jarring to dismount you as you fly into Hyjal, etc. but we would have disallowed it for Catalcysm zones as well if there was a reasonable solution there.

some that wish to be a green MVP crutch on blizz's extensive use of legalize stating their is no promise in intend, looking, could, delay, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    so.... much.... content.... CUT..... blizz

Formerly known as Arafal

I thought it was funny that you mentioned flying, and also that "it was the largest complaint in the history of the game"... When all the forum posts where overwhelmingly in favour of no-flying. That is all the posts on MMO-Champion and on the official forums, the posts showed that people on the whole didn't want flying but that a few really loud people did.

I like being able to fly, it certainly saves time but really I did not give a fuck and neither did the majority if you actually read the forum posts or even looked at the forum polls (which are still there for you to look at)... Sure WOD had a lot of cut content, but this bit about your post caused me to lose respect for it entirely due to the dishonesty of it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I thought it was funny that you mentioned flying, and also that "it was the largest complaint in the history of the game"... When all the forum posts where overwhelmingly in favour of no-flying. That is all the posts on MMO-Champion and on the official forums, the posts showed that people on the whole didn't want flying but that a few really loud people did.

I like being able to fly, it certainly saves time but really I did not give a fuck and neither did the majority if you actually read the forum posts or even looked at the forum polls (which are still there for you to look at)... Sure WOD had a lot of cut content, but this bit about your post caused me to lose respect for it entirely due to the dishonesty of it.
    Uh... I don't know which forums you were reading, apparently the ones completely different than mine, but the whole flying debacle was due to Blizzards extremely apparent wishy washy nature when it comes to features that a huge camp of players hate and a huge camp of players like that have been in the game since as early as TBC. World PvP comes to mind and is similar to this because of how lovely the newest regurgitation of Wintergrasp (Ashran) is and how it represents what a huge part of what some people hate most and hate least in the game.

Come to find out, you can please both camps in both cases by restricting most of the World PvP to a half zone and everyone else to their phased Garrisons and by including so little content in the world that you have to force people that want to fly to wait an arbitrary amount of days until it's okay, so that little jimmy can casually play the game at his pace, but can't possibly think of playing the game while flying gets every scrap of lackluster content completed so that he too can rant on about how dumb flying is in a game that rewards you dragons for skull fucking the Lich King.

Color me peachy, but I kind of find your post extremely misleading and I've lost respect for you, random person on the internet #38059431, because you apparently cannot read or only wish to read things that don't trigger you.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm wondering... Is Legion's announced content bigger than Warlords of Draenor's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The foruns were not overwhelmingly in favour of no-flyght, it was a heated discussion.
    I was against flight, but then Blizzard confirmed that they can't design ground content good enough xD

Deleted
    FeelsBadMan. It is truly sad to see Draenor in it's current form and reflect it to the one it could have been. Great potential lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did MoP cut anything? It had so much content I can't imagine them having planned even more . . .
    There were quite a lot of things changed/cut from early MoP-->release.
    To give you just a small taste, have a look at
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=204099/m...or-every-class

Ofc, they didn't actually just delete zones because they didn't work on them from November-->June.

Biggest disappointment was the entire island of Ashran. Karabor, and Bladespire should have been the faction hubs, and then make an open world PvP thing like Wintergrasp somewhere in between like Talador or Spires of Arak.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Uh... I don't know which forums you were reading, apparently the ones completely different than mine, but the whole flying debacle was due to Blizzards extremely apparent wishy washy nature when it comes to features that a huge camp of players hate and a huge camp of players like that have been in the game since as early as TBC. World PvP comes to mind and is similar to this because of how lovely the newest regurgitation of Wintergrasp (Ashran) is and how it represents what a huge part of what some people hate most and hate least in the game.

Come to find out, you can please both camps in both cases by restricting most of the World PvP to a half zone and everyone else to their phased Garrisons and by including so little content in the world that you have to force people that want to fly to wait an arbitrary amount of days until it's okay, so that little jimmy can casually play the game at his pace, but can't possibly think of playing the game while flying gets every scrap of lackluster content completed so that he too can rant on about how dumb flying is in a game that rewards you dragons for skull fucking the Lich King.

Color me peachy, but I kind of find your post extremely misleading and I've lost respect for you, random person on the internet #38059431, because you apparently cannot read or only wish to read things that don't trigger you.
    The Polls were overwhelmingly in favour of no-flying in every complaint post that popped up. Of course there was a heated discussion, heated discussions usually include a handful of very vocal people on each side and thus do not represent any majority.

Most of the threads were made by the same people, often multiple threads by the same person... It was a minority that got flying put back into the game by shouting loudly, since all of the polls showed people just did not care or even preferred no flying.

I like flying, flying is great for me.. But then I don't care either way, I'm not someone whos gonna get into a heated argument either way. As for Legion moving forward, it does actually seem that players are in favour of flying, that most of the polls now show people want flying in Legion. Things have changed, but in WOD when discussing adding flying into the game the very loud and vocal posters were mostly met with disagreement.

200,000 votes on this one - http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...g-Poll-DLC-467

Wish I could find all of the other threads that fell into the abyss. Ahh well.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-27 at 02:58 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Tanaan was datamined pretty early on and explorable in an alpha sandbox. It was almost certainly intended for launch (they definitely gave that impression at blizzcon. The blizzcon slide said 7 zones, and the game launched with 6) and was scrapped because they ran out of time. It was completely redesigned with 6.2.
    Blizzard said themselves before beta even began that Tanaan Jungle was NEVER intended to be fully available at launch. I really don't see how this is even an issue at this point other than people wanting something to complain about.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOW !

Thanks for posting this

WOW !

Thanks for bumping a nearly 4 month old thread