Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    I agree, But they were already calling me a "Faggot" and such prior to. It got to be so much that I finally said that.
    Faggot and nigga have different meanings, but if you do feel offended, report the shit out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Your sexual preference probably wasn't a factor in getting a random insult thrown @ you. The term "gay" is often used as a synonym for "lame", "faggot" is often used as "idiot".

Your oversensitive response resulted in him/her trolling you. Just ignore general "offensive" chat language, you getting annoyed is exactly what they are after, if you do not respond their "fun" isn't supported. It is ofc different when people stop using general insults and turn to whispers with way more offensive stuff.
    For example during the timeless isle bloodcoin farm achieve (which i did solo) someone whispered me saying he wished my and my families genitalia to be ripped to pieces by rabid animals. Report:language is there for this reason, report them and smile when you hear of such a person being banned.

Although I would have avoided the type of language that gets you banned (homophobic/racist/sexist stuff), I probably would have made fun of you for saying "totes" too. Totes.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Seriously, in 2015, which is it worse to be? Gay, which is openly accepted by almost everyone and anyone who doesn't accept it is generally a bigot...
    Not hardly. Tolerated by many? Maybe. But it sure as hell isn't openly accepted by almost everyone. Might wanna check your facts first.

And when did choosing to believe that man is meant to be with woman by natures design mean someone is a bigot? Typical pro gay BS - "don't call us names and discriminate....agree with us or be called names" Hypocritical much? Without men and women fucking and having kids there would be no us. Don't like it? Take it up with Mother Nature.

I don't agree with homosexuality at all. But I respect your right to do whatever the fuck you want. Provided you respect my right to agree or disagree with your choices and believe whatever the fuck I want.

OP: You weren't targeted for being gay when no one even knew who you were. Being called a faggot doesn't mean squat anymore. It's just a generic insult. Do people have to drum up controversy out of thin air these days?
    Last edited by Cerus; 2015-10-05 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Your sexuality is irrelevant to that guy calling you a faggot. Just like a person's mental state is irrelevant when he calls someone retarded. That guy is just a jerk, antagonizing others while feeling empowered by the anonymity of the internet. There is no actual thought into which insults will have the most weight on his targets. He just spins his offensive term roulette wheel and calls you whatever it lands on.

Ignore them, report them and move on. They're not worth your time outside of that.

I'd just report the little turds instead of interacting with them, you don't have deal with their bullshit. The report function is for dealing with those kinds of people.

All these ignorant hetero people who be like "but he didnt mean faggot as a gay insult"...
    Good lord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    All these ignorant hetero people who be like "but he didnt mean faggot as a gay insult"...
    Good lord.
    If you say "I want to suck on a fag" it has a different meaning depending where in the world you are. The internet is no different.

I strongly feel if you start a conversation with "I'm _______". Youre searching for attention.. Internet is the Internet. Doesnt matter what it is, if they see something they can troll they will. Do what you do, who cares about what some douche in a BG says.
    Last edited by Kubaal; 2015-10-05 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Being called Gay or Faggot isn't a jab at your sexuality any more. It's a jab at you being stupid.
    I thought it meant you rode a harley, and if you were only shopping for a harley it meant you were bikecurious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I dunno, on one hand you shouldn't be harassed like this, but then I feel like you shouldn't be going around the Internet letting people know you are gay unless you are fully prepared to be harassed.
    This argument is about equal to you shouldn't dress outside of a burka if you don't wanna get raped. Real nice .
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They'd need to ban 90% of the people in trade chat to deal with insignificant banter like that. With their subs falling the way they are I think they'd be better off just not bothering with anything verbal. You can always turn chat off afterall. Stop being such a bundle of sticks.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-10-05 at 06:06 PM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    WHO CARES? If the words of some monkey in a video game make you feel so poorly you've clearly got some things to work out. Otherwise, ignore them, block them, report them or w/e and go on about your day. No one cares that you're gay, it doesn't make you special. You shouldn't expect special treatment for being called a fag because you're gay as opposed to if you weren't. It's the same word, same insult... and no, they probably won't do anything about it. Hopefully, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    Good lord.
    That word was used LIBERALLY in my childhood and I never once said it in a derogatory way toward (or about) gay people. It's an insult, just like calling someone a retard doesn't mean they're actually mentally deficient. I can make an action that could be considered "retarded" that doesn't mean that I'm a retard or that somehow special needs people are lesser. It means I was being dumb, did something dumb.

DUMB. Let's look at dumb. The word refers to someone who is unable to speak, usually because of deafness. Should deaf people get all worked up about people calling others dumb? Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

You dumb fags are just too retarded to understand the way things work.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-10-05 at 06:09 PM.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This argument is about equal to you shouldn't dress outside of a burka if you don't wanna get raped. Real nice .
    I wouldn't compare internet banter with being raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. Clearly this board is unable to have a discussion over this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.