Deleted

Post Sith Classes - Masters of the Force... or just an insignificant speck of dust?

With the release of Knights of the Fallen Empire drawing ever closer, i've been thinking of starting anew while the x12 is still in effect. I've been wanting to play a 'Sith Assassin' as the playstyle seems like a lot of fun... yet... every time I think of doing so, i'm reminded that i've seen virtually nothing but sith sorcerors or sith assassins during my journey on my Imperial Agent main.

It bugs me to no end, and it's affecting my desire to create a character, as i'm afraid it'd be too much of a hassle if i'm placed into groups with nothing but Inquisitors of various sizes and shapes, who'd all desire the same loot.

The intent of this forum has probably been done a million times, but i'd like to know anyways: Have I just been unlucky, or is the empire actually drowning in Inquisitors and warriors?

No more so than their Republic counterparts. At least in my experience. That said, in my experience- on my server- yes, there is an abundance of both. But I don't think to the degree that will negatively impact your own gameplay.

With Adaptive Armor, Basic Commendations, and how fast you'll blow through levels with the x12 xp and XP boosts, group drops are pretty much only good for gearing companions. Gearing your character should be a minor issue at worst.

Enjoy the stories, for they are both pretty enjoyable. And as a further aside, the Inquisitor is the only other character that can match a Smuggler's smart ass mouth line for line.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2015-10-05 at 08:29 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    The Jedi and the Sith are the most iconic characters of the entire Star Wars saga. I would be surprised if they weren't somewhat overrepresented.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sorc is currently a fotm class. A lot of people are levelling them because it's easier and they were never an easy class to level. If you are slightly under geared as a Assassin, levelling is a lot harder than other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

It was my understanding that before the 12x experience. Inquisitor was one of the most underplayed classes. They are amazing as damage and healing. It's just you get wrecked pretty hard by mobs.

At expac launch they were OP, and post changes, they are still quite good. I think a lot of players didn't have them either, or something.

Anyway, you shouldn't let the class balance bother you TOO much- with the stat normalization coming, it won't be as burdensome to get gear in a group that is homogeneous across base or even advanced classes. No more "cunning keeps dropping, but no operative", etc.

Deleted
    Sith Inquisitor was good!I epecially liked the irony that Zash ended up in Khem.Very fitting as both have tried to eat me/kill me.As for balance sith sorcerers can heal which allows them to be a bit undeleveled no proble.Havem't played a sith assassin yet though.