Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best WPVP Ganking class

Is there a better ganking class than hunter? My hunter can usually get peeps almost half dead before they even turn around to see whats going on. Is there a better class than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue.

1 Sneak
    2 Sneak
    3 POOF
    4 Stabbity
    5 Stabbity
    6 IF Can't win goto 1 else /cheer
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    That's pretty obvious. There are some classes with stealth. Only one that can escape almost all the time too.

10 years of wow, pretty much 80% pvp in that time, id say overall hunter.

Alot say rogue, but yeah cant really compare in diversity imho.

I mean cmon, assuming you can play all specs at the same level rogue stands out by miles. Ganking isn't just about killing people, but also not going splat the moment you find yourself ganked or outnumbered. Not that other classes/specs are terrible at this, but rogue is by far the most well rounded ganked and solo casual pvper.

Rogue by far

Pounced#1519

I know back in the day it was rogue with stun lock etc, but the is no more stun lock is there? And after burst rogues seem squishy and dont seem to have big DPS. I find myself using vanish and feeling lucky i got out with my life. But then again i have not played anything but hunter very much which is why im asking. Maybe i should put some time in on the rogue.

Rogue - best escape
    Feral druid - more versatility
    Boomy - better heals
    Priest - mc people off tall places.

But having never mained any of those classes I'd say DK lol. I am confident I can roll anyone on my dk so long as I have all of my CDs off cooldown. Not really banking but just so many tools for PvP. Magic shell, 2 stun breakers, fear breaker, stupid self heals, death grip and chains if they try to run.

Definitely rogue. You can start the fight on your terms and escape/reset the fight it if things aren't going your way.

1. hunter
    2. Feral

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Nothing is as satisfying as typhooning somebody off a tall cliff edge. So any druid spec gets my vote, for most satisfying. But honestly I would be hard pressed to say anything besides Rogue, due to the fact that you can stealth, attack and run away and reset if it goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Nothing is as satisfying as typhooning somebody off a tall cliff edge. So any druid spec gets my vote, for most satisfying. But honestly I would be hard pressed to say anything besides Rogue, due to the fact that you can stealth, attack and run away and reset if it goes wrong.
    With glyphed explosive trap, hunters also have a knock-back available to them. A superior one, thanks to trap launcher.
    While rogues are most capable of escaping any given situation, after all these years I've come to view hunters as the potentially greatest ganker out there.
    The entirety of their tools is just too versatile.

• Range. Depending on the terrain, being melee can be really disadvantageous. Thanks to the pet, a hunter can even deal damage beyond the standartized 40yards
    • Tracking. An attentive hunter will barely ever be taken off-guard. Even rogues have to come out of stealth once in a while, at least when ganking isn't the sole reason for them being in the area
    • Stealth Detection. Technically a part of tracking, it gives hunters a good chance of noticing sneaking stealthies if they don't immidiately go for the ambush.
    • Stealth. (Glyphed) camouflage may have a 1min CD, but it is stealth after all. In conjunction with tracking and tracking hidden targets really powerful; you'll very likely spot other players in stealth first.
    • Abusing the terrain. Out in the world the playing field won't ever be even (Hehe...). Hunters possess 2 tools that are perfectly suited for this circumstance; Disengage and (glyphed) Explosive Trap (and any other trap to some extent).
    • CC. Already included in some of the other points, being able to take someone out for 8s, instantly and just like that, is worth gold in the wayward world of WPvP.

If a hunter is aware of his tools, capable of using them and observant of his surroundings then he is truly a force to be reckoned with. A careful rogue will likely survive most encounters, but a careful hunter will win them.

Deleted
    1. Rogue
    2. hunter
    3. feral / boomie
    4. WW monk if you know to play and escape

Rogue. I know a lot has changed since World of Roguecraft, but surely the principle remains the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahsack View Post
    I know back in the day it was rogue with stun lock etc, but the is no more stun lock is there? And after burst rogues seem squishy and dont seem to have big DPS. I find myself using vanish and feeling lucky i got out with my life. But then again i have not played anything but hunter very much which is why im asking. Maybe i should put some time in on the rogue.
    After burst the only thing moving should be the rogue /dancing on a still-bleeding corpse.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

With the glyph making camouflage a permanent stealth, I'd say hunter. I've had times where I've sat in stealth and someone's ran by me and I ganked them that way which is always fun. I also do this in Ashran, I've sat in the dark woods or Molten quarry waiting for someone to come in for the bonus objective which normally isn't that long, then I trap them and rip into em. It's fun, but rogue is also a good ganking class.

Im working on gearing the rogue but so far im not impressed with the DPS, when i was gearing the hunter I still did decent damage. everybody says rogue cause you can vanish and reset/get away. Hunters dont need to get away lol
    Like i said im still working on rogue and still need to L2P him so well see.
    BTW my hunter eats DK's for breakfast
    Quote Originally Posted by trevoroxx View Post
    But having never mained any of those classes I'd say DK lol. I am confident I can roll anyone on my dk so long as I have all of my CDs off cooldown. Not really banking but just so many tools for PvP. Magic shell, 2 stun breakers, fear breaker, stupid self heals, death grip and chains if they try to run.

Deleted
    I was thinking about rolling a new char on PVP server and I don't really know what class should I pick or if its worth to play on another server. Can you guys tell me if world PVP is more interesting than BGs and does many people do wpvp? And about class I was thinking druid or hunter since my main on pve server is rogue.

Deleted
    Why is this even a question, seriously? Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. It's not about the offensive capability - it's more about the fact that you get UNLIMITED CONTINUES if something goes wrong. Vanish vanish stealth stealth vanish burst of skill rinse repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Why is this even a question, seriously? Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. It's not about the offensive capability - it's more about the fact that you get UNLIMITED CONTINUES if something goes wrong. Vanish vanish stealth stealth vanish burst of skill rinse repeat.
    Depends on your point of view. Some people consider not dying a success. Others are willing to risk getting killed, if they win most if not all encounters.
    Some time ago I was ambushed by a rogue while doing my daily. He was unable to kill me, so when I got him low he'd simply BoS away. Three times in a row. Sure, he survived... But really, if I were him I'd rather die than escape, tail between legs.
    What I'm saying is; Tastes differ. You just have to ask yourself what kind of ganker you are.