Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    My grandma told me once that you shouldn't try teach empathy to video game nerds. I should have heeded that advice.
    Ha. A lesson in empathy from some that can't separate thought from action. This should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    As there are on this very forum?

Women fantasize about men just like men do about women. As do men about men and women about women and all manner of other sexual fantasies. These do not impact other people. What does is when someone takes said fantasy and tries to make it happen in reality. That is when consent comes into it.
    See, I knew I would find some kind of rationality in this thread. I commented quick and I didn't take the time to read... but I never expected this thread to be so emotional. That's a new threshold even by mmo-champion standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    You don't have an answer do you?
    Oh, I very much do. I simply doubt you care.

You don't have an answer do you?
    Consent, Gay people can get consent from their partner. Pedophiles cannot. Much like animal abusers cannot get consent by law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    There's not progress to make if you're a pedophile. It's like people saying you can cure gay. The only "progress" you can make is to avoid hurting kids.
    There is progress to make. Repressing sexual urges is nothing something I'd imagine to be easy knowing you can never...ever legally act out on those urges, ever. That is most definitely something to progress on and work on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Ha. A lesson in empathy from some that can't separate thought from action. This should be fun.
    Who cares for actions, he can seperate thought from thought making what was thought unthought. A time traveler in his own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    My grandma told me once that you shouldn't try teach empathy to video game nerds. I should have heeded that advice.
    I can't tell if you are just playing at being a hardcore social conservative or if you are for real but honestly mate, you come across as giant P*ssy.

sexualising =/= opinion.
    And how is that relevant to what Mayhem asked or in the context of earlier posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    There's not progress to make if you're a pedophile. It's like people saying you can cure gay. The only "progress" you can make is to avoid hurting kids.
    That's the progress we're talking about though. There are people that come forward wanting help and there are people that come forward and say stupid shit. The ones that want help should be helped without destroying their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    See, I knew I would find some kind of rationality in this thread. I commented quick and I didn't take the time to read... but I never expected this thread to be so emotional. That's a new threshold even by mmo-champion standards.
    I do try

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    There is progress to make. Repressing sexual urges is nothing something I'd imagine to be easy knowing you can never...ever legally act out on those urges, ever. That is most definitely something to progress on and work on.
    I wouldn't call something that makes a person unhappy "progress". It would be progress only for the society, not for the individual really.

What is the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia mentally? Why is one still considered a sickness and the other isn't anymore?
    Here's a defintion

Mental disorder

Any clinically significant behavioral or psychological syndrome characterized by distressing symptoms, significant impairment of functioning, or significantly increased risk of death, pain, or other disability. Mental disorders are assumed to result from some behavioral, psychological, or biological dysfunction in the individual. The concept does not include deviant behavior, disturbances that are essentially conflicts between the individual and society, or expected and culturally sanctioned responses to particular events.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    So have you burst into flames yet or am I not thinking hard enough? and this is the nice version of this post, originally I was going to make you call my name.
    What proof do you have they did not? Perhaps you are arguing with a ghost :O
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't call something that makes a person unhappy "progress". It would be progress" only for the society, not for the individual really.
    Regardless of what you want to call it then, it's still important. Why bother try getting help with not becoming a "monster" when the world sees you and treats you that way regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Here's a defintion
    "disturbances that are essentially conflicts between the individual and society"

Looks like neither apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Weren´t you the one saying you could decide what you think, but you can´t detach your actions from your thoughts and believes?

So, when you read this sentence, you can simply decide to not think of an elephant.
    Well, it's obvious. Even the holy Josuke can't separate their actions from their thoughts and that's WHY they need to decide what to think. Because if they succumb and think bad thoughts, they will manifest as evil actions. But worry not, soon they will ascend even further. Praise be Josuke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Regardless of what you want to call it then, it's still important. Why bother try getting help with not becoming a "monster" when the world sees you and treats you that way regardless.
    They have to life with being a monster if I had always cannibalistic fantasys thats very monsterish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Believe it or not, women sexualize men.
    But only the evil ones, they must be purified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They have to life with being a monster if I had always cannibalistic fantasys thats very monsterish.
    Good lord. Thoughts =/= actions. And there's 0 point to fighting those urges if you're going to be ostracized regardless.

Because everyone here is a nerd. Tsk tsk, aren't assumptions a kind of bad thoughts? I thought being socially conscious to the point of reaching new planes of existence, you wouldn't stoop so low. You know, you being able to decide what you think and all.

No it doesn't it just means most people are evil.
    And only you can lead them to salvation \o/ Praise be the lord! Praise be Josuke!