Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silvanobi View Post
    You could have a pedophile as your child's teacher now. The difference is, they don't feel they can announce that's what they are and will never act on those impules. Instead you prefer we just never know they have those impules - then it's ok.
    if it was listed as a sexual orientation then they have no fear of reprisal they can come out and admit it and still keep their job even if it was a job being around children

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Hilarious to watch all the MMO Champ forum sickos immediately come to the defense of people who daydream of fucking children.
    Imagine you wake up tomorrow and find yourself getting hard every time you look at children. What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Imagine you wake up tomorrow and find yourself getting hard every time you look at children. What do you do?
    blow my fucking brains out.

And the award for steaming load of hypothetical bullshit goes to!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's perfectly possible to be attracted to something while at the same time strongly disliking the mere idea of acting upon it.
    Yet, strangely when homosexuals are in the same position they're ostracized, but not pedophiles.

Either way I think it would be worth having scientific research going into the direction of helping people avoid unwanted sexual desires instead of telling them that the only way they'll ever be happy is if they embrace it. Right now the whole religious "ex-gay" thing is a total joke and doesn't work, but still, that doesn't mean the idea should be rejected outright.
    Last edited by ArmoredDragoon; 2015-10-09 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Pedophilia isn't classified as a sexual orientation. It's a mental disorder. Pretty easy to figure out, why are you having so much trouble with it?
    The entire scientific field is having trouble with it, it's an active field of development and it is poorly understood. You realise that the DSM didn't descend from heaven on a ray of light, right? Nor did the AMA. Both used to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder, but that changed. Now why do you think that happened? What is the fundamental difference between regular sexualities and socially unacceptable paraphilias like pedophilia (PS there's something like 200 recorded paraphilias, this is just one)?

If you can answer that question conclusively, I encourage you to apply for a Nobel Prize.

- - - Updated - - -

Now what if I tell you that by one estimate at least, 1 in 35 men has pedophilic tendencies?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11690451/One-in-35-men-has-paedophile-tendencies-crime-agency-claims.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    And the award for steaming load of hypothetical bullshit goes to!
    Okay smart guy. I immediately consult a psychologist, psychiatrist, a pastor, and God himself. I would do my best to purge these thoughts from my head.

What I would NOT do: I would not accept this as perfectly normal "you love who you love" bullshit. I certainly would not write blogs to the world about how they should accept me because I embrace who I am and cannot change while spending all my free time jacking it to elementary school yearbooks.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2015-10-09 at 01:07 AM.

The entire scientific field is having trouble with it, it's an active field of development and it is poorly understood. You realise that the DSM didn't descend from heaven on a ray of light, right? Nor did the AMA. Both used to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder, but that changed. Now why do you think that happened? What is the fundamental difference between regular sexualities and socially unacceptable paraphilias like pedophilia (PS there's something like 200 recorded paraphilias, this is just one)?

If you can answer that question conclusively, I encourage you to apply for a Nobel Prize.

- - - Updated - - -

Now what if I tell you that by one estimate at least, 1 in 35 men has pedophilic tendencies?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cy-claims.html
    one reason homosexuality isn't harmful it doesn't cause a dysfunction to one self or acting on it. pedophilia does

"A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning. Mental disorders are usually associated with significant distress in social, occupational, or other important activities. An expectable or culturally approved response to a common stressor or loss, such as the death of a loved one, is not a mental disorder. Socially deviant behavior (e.g., political, religious, or sexual) and conflicts that are primarily between the individual and society are not mental disorders unless the deviance or conflict results from a dysfunction in the individual, as described above."
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ental-disorder

- - - Updated - - -

Okay smart guy. I immediately consult a psychologist, psychiatrist, a pastor, and God himself. I would do my best to purge these thoughts from my head.

What I would NOT do: I would not accept this as perfectly normal "you love who you love" bullshit. I certainly would not write blogs to the world about how they should accept me because I embrace who I am and cannot change while spending all my free time jacking it to elementary school yearbooks.
    I agree acceptance is the second step in a long process for it to eventually becoming normalized

It starts with empathy we shouldn't demonize pedophilias they cant help it they was born that way. then comes acceptance we shouldn't discriminate against pedophiles they cant help it. then comes force acceptance your a pedophobe if you don't accept pedophilia

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cy-claims.html
    Doesn't change the fact that is still a mental disorder and it adversely affects children. You want to wear tight leather ass-less chaps while 3 women with dildoes cornholes your butthole while a midget tickles your balls? Go for it. Everyone there is a consenting adults. When it's a child, WHO CAN"T CONSENT, it's sick and shouldn't be tolerated. I feel no pity for pedophiles and the sooner they are identified and segregated away from the rest of society, the better. Not every mental disorder deserves to be treated with empathy and understanding. Pedophilia is wrong, do not try and defend it.
    Last edited by Spunt; 2015-10-09 at 01:27 AM.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I agree acceptance is the second step in a long process for it to eventually becoming normalized

It starts with empathy we shouldn't demonize pedophilias they cant help it they was born that way. then comes acceptance we shouldn't discriminate against pedophiles they cant help it. then comes force acceptance your a pedophobe if you don't accept pedophilia
    A paedophobe would be someone who is scared of children, I don't know what term you'd use for prejudice against people with mental disorders/unacceptable sexual orientations.

And somewhere in between you realizing you have those feelings and you "purging yourself" of all those thoughts you meet reality. A society that even though you're doing your damndest to control those urges, haven't and don't want to harm anyone, are still treated like a vile piece of shit despite doing the right thing as best you can.

No one wants to accept or applaud the shitheads who actually do rape or get off and brag about their fantasy. The problem is though that because of people like you and attitudes like you the handful that actually do go "Dear God this is wrong I need help" are basically forced to live in a closest too ashamed and scared to seek even professional help(which quite frequently is just as bad and harsh in their treatment) putting them in a position where they eventually let their urges get the best of them and rape some kid. You're basically the exact type of person that would have given your hypothetical pedo self so much shit they would've been too afraid to get help from any of the options you suggested and been far more likely to abuse a kid than kill yourself before that happened.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there that the majority of child molesters aren't actually pedophiles.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there that the majority of child molesters aren't actually pedophiles.
    lolwut?
    /10chars
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    And somewhere in between you realizing you have those feelings and you "purging yourself" of all those thoughts you meet reality. A society that even though you're doing your damndest to control those urges, haven't and don't want to harm anyone, are still treated like a vile piece of shit despite doing the right thing as best you can.

No one wants to accept or applaud the shitheads who actually do rape or get off and brag about their fantasy. The problem is though that because of people like you and attitudes like you the handful that actually do go "Dear God this is wrong I need help" are basically forced to live in a closest too ashamed and scared to seek even professional help(which quite frequently is just as bad and harsh in their treatment) putting them in a position where they eventually let their urges get the best of them and rape some kid. You're basically the exact type of person that would have given your hypothetical pedo self so much shit they would've been too afraid to get help from any of the options you suggested and been far more likely to abuse a kid than kill yourself before that happened.
    I have the opposite perspective I believe pedophiles knowing they will be demonized labeled the lowest of the low monsters if they ever act on their pedophilia keeps many from doing so
    once we start showing them empathy they cant help it they was born that way they will stop thinking they will be hated by society if they act. it would be one less obstruction from them acting on their pedophilia
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-10-09 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I have the opposite perspective I believe pedophiles knowing they will be demonized labeled the lowest of the low monsters if they ever act on there pedophilia keeps many from doing so
    I don't think anyone wants to change that, even if people accept that paedophiles aren't intrinsically "evil" it doesn't mean that child molesting would be seen as anything less that a monstrous crime.

lolwut?
    /10chars
    The majority of people who commit child molestation do not have a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. A study from 2006 found it to be ~35%.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

lolwut?
    /10chars
    I can't remember where I picked it up from but rapists don't rape just to have sex. They do it for the 'power'. It makes sense that child molesters would do it for the same reason.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2015-10-09 at 02:01 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

so some distasteful subjects in op-ed blog is receives the "sjw is vileness" tag.

do you ever take a step back and wonder about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    so some distasteful subjects in op-ed blog is receives the "sjw is vileness" tag.

do you ever take a step back and wonder about yourself?
    Many prominent SJW people are also defending Sarah Nyberg and Lena Dunham, both self admitted pedophiles, so there is that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting fact: There's no such thing as a "thought crime". Anyone can think anything they want and there's nothing anyone else can do about it.
    Not a fact, but nonetheless true: People who disagree with the aforementioned fact should be throat-punched on principle.