Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Think they kind of killed Trish's character, but I like where they left things.
    I don't think so. They've been building up it since season 1. Her relationship with everyone else is messy at the end but life can be messy to begin with.

Her and Malcolm are very similar in a lot of ways but her desires required something bigger (aka super powers).

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    That's what Netflix is about thses days.
    I mean the fact that they removed the ability to rate anything for an aggregate was the most concerning point in that area. I mean dear god they hyped up a few movies that I suffered through like that one Open House was just awful and I wouldn't have seen it if ratings were still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Just finished season 2, good god Trish is so fucking annoying, dumb, selfish and painful to watch. She's either being self-centered, screaming about sexism or hurting/ killing people. Such a boring character.
    There were several characters I found annoying this season. Trish was one, Chang was another, along with both JJs and Trishs mothers. They all dragged this season way down.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    You liked season 1 ?
    Yes I did enjoy season 1, I would put that just below DD season 1 and 2 both of which I liked as well.

Think they kind of killed Trish's character
    I am still at Season 2, Episode 6. Did they literally kill Trish, or do you mean her personality got butchered (changed radically)?

Whichever the case, Trish is meant to (if the writer plans to go the route of the comic books) to delve into the mystical domain (a la Dr. Strange).

SPOILERS

Trish is actually Patricia "Patsy" Walker aka Hellcat in the Marvel Comics. She was a member of The Defenders and married teammember Daimon Maelstrom (Son of Satan). Read more about her here.

--------

I am not liking Jessica Jones Season 2 much. Self-pity for Season 1 as an introduction to understand the character, and her trauma -- ending with Killgrave's demise sounded OK.

Continuing the self-pity and anger issues through Season 2, not OK for the character growth into a superhero. I don't see a superhero. Sometimes she beats bad guys. But sometimes she is bullying people with her strength if they don't give her the info she wants.

In addition, she has had sexual encounters now with like 6 different guys so far in a very short span of time. I would really like to see some changes in Season 3. Less Trish time too.

It might be possible that Trish might be headed to her own Netflix show, though. She is descending into a dark side that could lead to the origins of her comic book alter ego as Hellcat.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2018-03-15 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I am still at Season 2, Episode 6. Did they literally kill Trish, or do you mean her personality got butchered (changed radically)?

Whichever the case, Trish is meant to (if the writer plans to go the route of the comic books) to delve into the mystical domain (a la Dr. Strange).

SPOILERS

Trish is actually Patricia "Patsy" Walker aka Hellcat in the Marvel Comics. She was a member of The Defenders and married teammember Daimon Maelstrom (Son of Satan). Read more about her here.

--------

I am not liking Jessica Jones Season 2 much. Self-pity for Season 1 as an introduction to understand the character, and her trauma -- ending with Killgrave's demise sounded OK.

Continuing the self-pity and anger issues through Season 2, not OK for the character growth into a superhero. I don't see a superhero. Sometimes she beats bad guys. But sometimes she is bullying people with her strength if they don't give her the info she wants.

In addition, she has had sexual encounters now with like 6 different guys so far in a very short span of time. I would really like to see some changes in Season 3. Less Trish time too.

It might be possible that Trish might be headed to her own Netflix show, though. She is descending into a dark side that could lead to the origins of her comic book alter ego as Hellcat.
    Without spoiling, my comment was not about literal life or death, just the quality of her character as a human being.

Without spoiling, my comment was not about literal life or death, just the quality of her character as a human being.
    I see. Yea, Trish went 180 degrees from what she formerly was. Obsessed about the story she chases, addicted to the enhancer, manipulative, bat#%$! crazy, and then that slip guilt-tripping Jessica about paying her bills.

Is this as boring as the 1st season ?

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I just finished it and it's worse. I thought season 1 could've been done in 8 episodes, this one should've been done in about 3. Lots of dragging things out and circling around the same things over and over.

Overall really enjoyed this season, I put it slightly above season 1 (I really enjoyed S1 as well).

Without spoiling IMO the ending is actually depressing even tho it ended a bit light hearted.

Jessica's Past, Trish's obsession and both of them and Malcolm just using each other ruined the relationship between all three. Now that Trish has powers I can see her and Jessica duking it out in the next season

All three are just a big mess.

My only complain is there was area's that felt dragged out and this could have been wrapped up a couple episodes early. But overall enjoyed it slightly more then season 1.

If you think about it the true villain of this season was Jessica's past and not a single figure like Killgrave. Ya her mom killed people and the doctor made her, But there was no true villain in this one. It was all just a combination of shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-17 at 09:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't make it through the first episode. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin boring.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-03-17 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I couldn't make it through the first episode. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin boring.
    Same here. It’s exactly like s1, but even more boring, with girl power and Kate Moss character being lez at the forefront and nothing else besides.
    Very gooder script.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I've heard it's about as boring as all the non killgrave episodes of season 1, with added hamfisted girl power.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I admit I've only watched 2 episodes so far.

The problem is these characters are constantly stuck in one mode. Supposedly Killgrave was this huge, monumental force in Jessica's life, giving her all this guilt over killing a person, etc - yet she overcomes that force at the end of s1 and..........she's still stuck.

Trish's secrecy and motivations make no sense, so far.

Carrie Ann's character makes the most sense to me so far, but that may be because my dad had cancer and didn't want to tell anyone about it, and I didn't understand it at the time. I still don't understand it, but the idea resonates.

I'll eventually get to finishing the series, but it's literally been a week since I saw episode 2 and I haven't felt the need to get back to it.

Finally got around to watching this, and ended up devouring it over the course of three weeknights.

I don't think I'd rank it above JJ1 but I thought it was damn good. I struggled a bit with the story because I kept waiting for the reveal of the "big bad", but I had to remind myself of how divergent this show is from your standard expectations for a Marvel yarn.

One thing I really like about the Netflix shows is that they're not afraid to dramatically alter relationship dynamics between the central characters. I'm very interested to see where things go from here so I hope we get a Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post

In addition, she has had sexual encounters now with like 6 different guys so far in a very short span of time. I would really like to see some changes in Season 3.
    Now maybe this changed since I stopped reading the comics, but Jones was very much not a superhero. Her personality and development on the show is pretty on point to how it unfolded in the comics, sans the relationship she eventually established with Cage (so far at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    Same here. It’s exactly like s1, but even more boring, with girl power and Kate Moss character being lez at the forefront and nothing else besides.
    Why subject yourself to season 2 if you disliked season 1 so much?

Also, it's Carrie-Anne Moss. Kate Moss is a considerably different person.

Also also, unsure why you are complaining about "girl power" when 3 of the 4 central characters were women. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I admit I've only watched 2 episodes so far.

The problem is these characters are constantly stuck in one mode. Supposedly Killgrave was this huge, monumental force in Jessica's life, giving her all this guilt over killing a person, etc - yet she overcomes that force at the end of s1 and..........she's still stuck.

Trish's secrecy and motivations make no sense, so far.

Carrie Ann's character makes the most sense to me so far, but that may be because my dad had cancer and didn't want to tell anyone about it, and I didn't understand it at the time. I still don't understand it, but the idea resonates.

I'll eventually get to finishing the series, but it's literally been a week since I saw episode 2 and I haven't felt the need to get back to it.
    Hopefully you finished the series since and realized that most of the characters are not stuck in one mode.

I didn’t say I disliked s1, mind.
    Though s1’s saving grace definitely would be Killgrave and impeccable acting by Tennant.

Whatever, Carrie-Ann or what, her character is even more shallow in s2 than black backdoor techsupport guy from the Arrow.

What I expected was decent storytelling and interesting plot with less of said girlbullshitpower being hamfisted .
    Jj s2 is no better than African American Lightning series. And that is not a compliment.
    I made a mistake. I made a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    So season 3 is up and...I'm trying to stay awake while watching the first 4 episodes. Maybe it will get better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    So season 3 is up and...I'm trying to stay awake while watching the first 4 episodes. Maybe it will get better...
    It doesn't. I watched the whole thing yesterday and HOLY SHIT, so fucking dull. The worst part isn't that the enemy is laughably dull, or that the whole plot is just a random mishmash of cliché... It's that there is not a SINGLE likeable character in the whole fucking show.

Even characters like Malcom, who has always been the reasonable core of Team Jessica, or Hogarth, who is a deeply flawed but oddly relatable... They're all just fucking horrible, now.

It's a sad thing when Luke Cage showing up for 5 mins in the final episode, still gives the best performance in the show...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched the final season yet but I don't expect much-being that the Marvel Netflix series was canned almost a year ago.

Sadly if we ever see these characters again in it 2 years from now. The original cast will have probably moved on with their lives, as well as the MCU.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Haven't watched the final season yet but I don't expect much-being that the Marvel Netflix series was canned almost a year ago.

Sadly if we ever see these characters again in it 2 years from now. The original cast will have probably moved on with their lives, as well as the MCU.
    JJ season 3 was already filming when they got cancelled so I don't think that impacted anything. I don't think it's a bad thing if everybody moves on from these, they've gotten progressively worse after some good first seasons. The only one that had a better followup season was Iron Fist, but that was because its season 1 was so bad to begin with. It feels more like everybody is lamenting the promise of interesting shows than what we actually got.