Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    DAMNIT! I forgot this was coming on the 20th and I made plans for the 21st Plans that involve doing something other than crashing on the sofa with Pulled Pork Popcorn and whiskey to marathon the whole series back to back...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Pulled Pork Popcorn
    WTF! This is a thing? Show me, sounds tasty, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    WTF! This is a thing? Show me, sounds tasty, lol.
    http://www.butterkist.co.uk/products...-pork-popcorn/

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    No, the OTHER Matt Damon. The one who's batman!

- - - Updated - - -

I think he'll be good in Daredevil, but I cant' really see him being on his own. I think he will work great as a contrast to the others "have powers, but won't kill" stuff. If it's just him in his own series, he's just some random vigilante with a gun.
    I thought they did a real good job with Kingpin. Of course, the guy that played him did wonderful which helped. Hopefully they make the Punisher mostly unlikable who happens to be on the good guys side sometimes and sort of redeems himself through the series, as opposed to the Kingpin character who was pretty sympathetic and let that drain away towards the end. if done right, The Punisher is a compelling character, but it'll be easy to be lazy and formulaic with a vigilante type superhero.

Kingpin was a sympathetic character who seems to want good but suffer from the burden of power combined with a clear boundaries issue. He was great, but it also helped the Daredevil character too because the audience could empathize with him holding back in fights and feeling he might be able to save the guy. If he was just a evil psycho, Daredevil saying "hold on guys, I can save him!" would have just fell flat. It was only at the end that he became irredeemable and it worked really well, but it'll make it hard to bring him back as more than a background villain.

On the other hand, it would be slick to make the Punisher character unlikable by everyone including Daredevil who is already extra cautious about seeking redemption for those who pave the road to hell with their intentions from his previous encounter with Kingpin. A story about whether the ends can justify the means, a look at how the Punisher causes a butterfly effect of strife by his deeds that makes Daredevil hate him, but in the end the Punisher is able to prevent some greater catastrophe and they form mutual respect, even though they still don't necessarily see eye to eye. A great cheat in film making is to bring up these questions but don't have a conclusive judgment. Leave the question open. Lead the audience one way and then point out the flaw in the argument you were making.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-11-15 at 05:52 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

ah UK, no wonder. I just looked it up on Amazon and they want $4.50 USD for a meager 80g bag...yikes.

Deleted
    Any idea what time this is going live? I remember Daredevil being quite late afternoon in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    ah UK, no wonder. I just looked it up on Amazon and they want $4.50 USD for a meager 80g bag...yikes.
    Its the same when i want A&W Root Beer or Dr Pepper Vanilla :\

My Saturday will be gorging on junk food and mainlining the whole season.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Its the same when i want A&W Root Beer or Dr Pepper Vanilla :\
    Wait they have Dr Pepper VANILLA???

We need to start some kind of trading company... PPPopcorn for DrP Vanilla and some of those crazy Oreo flavours, ok?

Back OT, I've moved my plans around a bit, still busy in the evening, but I've got the whole day to bingewatch, should be able to get through 1/2 the season before I need to go!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to watch the trailers. I want to be completely surprised.

Five more days...

My body is ready.

What did you guys think of the premier?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... this kept me watching non-stop...

I don't think they gave us enough though on the first episode.. it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, she's decided to do something about it... and then it ends... that sucks a bit.. i wanted to see her make some progress in that resolve.. I feel it needed at least another episode.. Should have been a double?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-11-20 at 12:02 PM.

I didn't catch the last 10 minutes of the first episode because I had to leave for work but so far this show has me hooked.

I'm loving Luke Cage. Makes me look forward to his show
    Everyone can piss on the floor. So be a hero, and shit on the ceiling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    What did you guys think of the premier?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... this kept me watching non-stop...

I don't think they gave us enough though on the first episode.. it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, she's decided to do something about it... and then it ends... that sucks a bit.. i wanted to see her make some progress in that resolve.. I feel it needed at least another episode.. Should have been a double?
    You do realise that on Netflix they release the entire season at the same time? All 13 episodes of Season 1 are available already.

5 Episodes deep already, it's good, I think i'll end up prefering Daredevil over this, mainly because I like the character of DD in the show more, but i'll reserve judgement till i've watched the full season of JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You do realise that on Netflix they release the entire season at the same time? All 13 episodes of Season 1 are available already.

5 Episodes deep already, it's good, I think i'll end up prefering Daredevil over this, mainly because I like the character of DD in the show more, but i'll reserve judgement till i've watched the full season of JJ.
    nice, i don't have to wait a week to watch the rest. the other epsiodes werne't uploaded that i could see when i started watching.. so thought that was it

15+ Year Old Account
    So I got Overwatch and Jessica Jone's to do? How will I ever find time?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I hated Krysten Ritter....

Until Jessica Jones.

Now I've got the hots for her.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So I got Overwatch and Jessica Jone's to do? How will I ever find time?
    Plus Timewalking weekend. Plus I have two library books to finish reading by Monday.

And oh yeah, a family.
    Time to buy some uppers off the street
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Didn't we have a megathread for the DD+ Jessica Jones etc?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Didn't we have a megathread for the DD+ Jessica Jones etc?
    blame me for that, I resurrected this thread, besides, now JJ is out, it's its own separate series, it's fitting its own unique topic, I would have started one if I didn't find this.

Noticing every episode ending on a good cliff hanger.. i love that... when i can watch the next episode immediately after... and I hate it when i can't.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I finished the first episode. What.the.fuck.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose