Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-11-15 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say I'm pretty hyped. Lead and Antagonist are both pretty great actors... Although I'm worried we'll be in a similar situation to Daredevil, where the "Big Bad" ends up being a far more compelling characters than the lead
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Gotta say I'm pretty hyped. Lead and Antagonist are both pretty great actors... Although I'm worried we'll be in a similar situation to Daredevil, where the "Big Bad" ends up being a far more compelling characters than the lead
    Honestly.... What is wrong with that? I feel like villians can be much more flexible and have much more range.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So, she still has her powers? I'm not really familiar with her character. I thought she lost her powers or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly.... What is wrong with that? I feel like villians can be much more flexible and have much more range.
    Nothing, but if you take Daredevil as an example, Kingpin was a much better character and by the end I actually wanted him to win, rather than Daredevil, which left me feeling rather... Unsatisfied when it ended.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the bad guys being deep, well thought out characters, in fact I'm a HUGE fan. I've always said the best bad guys are the ones that deep down you actually agree with... The problem comes when you like them so much more than the main character that you end up rooting for them to win
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So, she still has her powers? I'm not really familiar with her character. I thought she lost her powers or something.
    No, something happened to her(she was kidnapped and abused or something), and so she decided to retire from being a superhero and became a private detective...who happened to have super powers.

cant wait!!
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Nothing, but if you take Daredevil as an example, Kingpin was a much better character and by the end I actually wanted him to win, rather than Daredevil, which left me feeling rather... Unsatisfied when it ended.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the bad guys being deep, well thought out characters, in fact I'm a HUGE fan. I've always said the best bad guys are the ones that deep down you actually agree with... The problem comes when you like them so much more than the main character that you end up rooting for them to win
    I disliked Kingpin, so felt they did a good job with Daredevil and the others (though the nurse was lacking). I'd have liked more Stick, really.

I liked Daredevil's heavy metaplot, but there also was a bit of a drag in the middle I thought. Hopefully Jones has a more well rounded feel to it rather than just being her leveling up to fight Purple.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this on the Marvel Mega thread

Good review of the first episode of Jessica Jones.

And that’s all I’ll say about the show for now, although I have a feeling that like “Daredevil,” few people will just be able to watch just one or two episodes and I will be shocked if Ritter doesn’t score an Emmy nomination… and that’s just from the episode I saw!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/62...etime#/slide/1

I'm always excited for more marvel and I'm looking forward to this. It may have to contend with Fallout 4! I'm hoping I'll be done with the main story by then!

10+ Year Old Account
    She was mind controlled and sexually abused by Purple Man for eight months. She gave up her superhero job afterwards, becoming a detective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jessica Jones was a member of Heroes for Hire who worked alongside Luke Cage. I hope to see cameos from other Heroes for Hire like Misty Knight and Iron Fist.

Shes one of the closest Marvel Heroes to superman in terms of powers. Super strong, super fast, flight, invulnerability. She's way more powerful than some Avengers like Cap and Tony but suffers from B-list hero syndrome where nobody does anything with her character in a long time.

She could finish Daredevil with a well-aimed sneeze, so interesting to see how/if the two react.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Jessica Jones was a member of Heroes for Hire who worked alongside Luke Cage. I hope to see cameos from other Heroes for Hire like Misty Knight and Iron Fist.

Shes one of the closest Marvel Heroes to superman in terms of powers. Super strong, super fast, flight, invulnerability. She's way more powerful than some Avengers like Cap and Tony but suffers from B-list hero syndrome where nobody does anything with her character in a long time.
    Misty Knight has already been cast for the Luke Cage show, not sure if she'll turn up in JJ or not but you'll definitely see her at some point. I don't really expect Iron Fist to debut until Luke Cage though, but I could be wrong.

Also, you're kinda overestimating her invulnerability. She is much more durable than a human, but she can be hurt badly fighting with other super powered enemies. During a fight with Vision and Iron Man, she suffered a detached retina, broken nose, and a damaged spine. You think those 2 could have even given Supes a bloody nose or black eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You think those 2 could have even given Supes a bloody nose or black eye?
    Depends on whose name is on the cover. :-p

But really, I don't see them making Jessica Jones super powerful for the netflix show. We'll see how the show portrays her power level.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE
    Thanks, added the trailer to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This looks really awesome, i can't wait for it to come out!
    I know right? I still put myself through the torture of watching Flash and Arrow, even though they're clearly aimed at kindergartners, and so these series, Daredevil and this one, and probably the other upcoming ones as well are such a welcome change of pace.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-10-23 at 03:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Tennant.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Evil David Tennant Squeeeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    So excited for the series. Love the more gritty and dark approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still watch Arrow and cringe through every minute of it, but i couldn't with Flash.

That early episode in the first season with felicity killed it for me. I couldn't touch it after that. Having good superhero shows is so much better than shit ones, but i'll still watch the shit ones hoping they will be good some day. ....Some day.....
    Yeah, i'm with you. I've made myself watch both series and Arrow is just plain awful. I mean, do they have anyone on the show that DOESN'T end up being trained as a "superhero"?? It's like everyone has the same exact story or something...

Though, i can actually enjoy Flash a bit more, it seems a bit more upbeat than other superhero shows that all want to try to be that "dark and gritty" with the "brooding cast" thing going on....like they are all trying to capture the awesome that was the Dark Knight movie saga....hell, if one didn't know Arrow and Batman were two separate people, they might believe Arrow is just another "origin" story for Batman.

Kinda getting burnt out on the tv superheroes though...Daredevil is good, but not great. I know nothing about Jessica Jones and to be honest, i don't think Kristen Ritter is very good actress...i have very low expectations for this show. I really feel like they are just doing far too many in an attempt to build a base for yet another superhero show. Luke Cage coming, then Defenders, i'm sure some kind of "Iron Fist" show at some point...So we have at least 4 shows coming up that will all build to 1 of the 4 shows..then what? When "The Defenders" comes out, will they cancel the solo-series or just run them concurrent to "The Defenders"?

I just don't think people are going to sit through 3-4 different superhero shows a week....especially when those shows and the stories for them tend to be very similar.
    Last edited by freakyduck; 2015-10-23 at 11:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I just don't think people are going to sit through 3-4 different superhero shows a week....especially when those shows and the stories for them tend to be very similar.
    Well, it depends on which shows. Right now, there's Arrow, Flash, both kinda childish crap. Agents which is relatively decent, albeit nowhere near rated R. Then there would be Daredevil, and soon Jessica Jones, although those are Netflix binges, not weeklies. Then, of course, there's Heroes Reborn, which has started off very nice compared to the abysmal shit the last season of it was before it ended. Gotham, of course. Can't really say whether it's good or bad. It's a bit different in it's premise, and kind of chiseling away at the foundation of Batman, but since I'm not a DC person, I don't really care much. Supergirl I haven't seen yet but all I'm expecting out of it is this girl from Krypton going out to buy tampons.

I'm very close to dropping Arrow, after that Flash. Maybe Gotham as well, and not sure if I'll even keep with Supergirl - most likely not once I see a couple episodes, but the Marvel ones hold promise, especially this new "foursome" in Hell's Kitchen; Daredevil, Jessica and the upcoming Luke and Iron Fist, as well as their upcoming combined show, The Defenders. I doubt DC can even dream of getting on that level series-wise. Their Arrow-Flash-Others compilation series is going to be the exact same bullshit that Arrow and Flash are.

Good things are brewing in Hell's Kitchen. I just wish they'd call it New York once in a while, and acknowledge the existence of the rest of the world. But, at least it isn't a made up city.