Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    RAWR is effectively dead, yea.

AMR has been a very poor resource for mages the entire expansion. No real reason to use it anymore.
    I actually don't understand this statement. Yes AMR's trinket weights suck, but other than that it works just fine for the purpose it was created. I use it all the time in tandem with SimulationCraft to tweak my gear or figure out what pieces I should go for given currently available bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Always 0.9s. Your best bet is simply an aura tracking SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS if you really have a need to track the thing.
    Quoting Kuni as confirmation. A hidden 0.9 second buff is applied to your character after Frostbolt leaves your hand, and will apply to any Ice Lance that you cast for that duration.

Since the GCD is at least 1.0 seconds (even beyond 50% haste), you can read this as "Only Ice Lances that immediately follow Frostbolt with no GCD spell in between will benefit from Tome of Shifting Words".

Deleted
    Tracking a 0.9 sec duration :> By the time your eye sees the bar it's gone, the best tracking is "oh I'm casting Frostbolt" :> Not even 10sec durations have to be tracked that much after a point due to intuition and 'muscle brain memory'.

Deleted
    Tbh don't track it at all just while you cast frostbolt spam ice lance until you see both FB and IL missiles leaving your hands. That's it. You don't need to make it more complicated, because in the end you gain nothing. There is a reason for the buff to be 0,9 sec - so people don't have the chance to abuse it with double lances.

On the matter why class trinket is BiS - it buffs your top damaging ability as frost by 72%, so a wild guess will be that it is really powerful trinket and PoF is dogshit for frost. I personally had better performance with 700 ilvl black hand's trinket than with PoF as frost. PoF is good only and exclusively for arcane.

Deleted
    PoF is only marginally worse compared to Iskar's on the same raiding level and random bonuses. It was only about 50 or 100 dps lower here. It's clearly worse though since it has the extra disadvantage of needing some extra management in some cases, unless that management is required, e.g. PvP.

I have one question about Tome. Can you cast a frostbolt on one target and then target swap and cast a buffed ice lance on another? I am reading this guide and it says it casts a buff on the character which would mean you could, but just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    I have one question about Tome. Can you cast a frostbolt on one target and then target swap and cast a buffed ice lance on another? I am reading this guide and it says it casts a buff on the character which would mean you could, but just wanted to make sure.
    Yes, you can frostbolt target A and then icelance target B, the trinket is a buff applied to you, rather then a debuff applied to the frostbolt target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    Its even recommended for some fights. Some adds are dying very quickly and sometimes u have to decide between delaying WJ or using it on a add which dies in 5 seconds. In this case its recommended to WJ on boss (or a longerliving add) and weave FB on WJ-target and IL on high priority target. This can get very hectic and needs a clear UI and reflexes but in the end its the best way to get dmg and do what the tactics wants.