Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Phil Collins is the reason i've always voted Labour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I always listened to A Horse With No Name and Hold The Line in San Andreas. Good times
    oh god yeah Horse with no name in las venturas <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    wow, you've been missing out on a lot :P

I was practically raised in Vice City haha
    I like fantasy/sci-fi RPG games. ._. And unreal tournament. And the sims.

Vice City Stories' flash (that's the name of the radio station :P) had 'Easy Lover' ^^

it was the psp game
    Never played any other GTA as much as I did Vice City. I think I also liked it alot because of the music. While not it's own OST it still had an effect. Music adds so much to a game really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    I like fantasy/sci-fi RPG games. ._. And unreal tournament. And the sims.
    Mass Effect has some nice soundtracks. Little bit nostalgic for some reason.

Deleted
    the music of all the gta games is just marvelous, it's always been a huge part of what made them so great for me too

the music of all the gta games is just marvelous, it's always been a huge part of what made them so great for me too
    I hope the next one is in Vice City again. I mean, they have to do it right? How could they miss out on calling it VIce City?

How can people not know Phil Collins??

but no really...

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I hope the next one is in Vice City again. I mean, they have to do it right? How could they miss out on calling it VIce City?
    I think so yeah, first they remade GTA 3, then skipped Vice City and made GTA V which is obviously set in San Andreas' regions. So the next one has to be Vice City, I hope.

Deleted
    Eh. I don't really "love" him or his music. I kinda like a few songs. Easy Lover is probably my favourite.

Almost nothing brings back childhood nostalgia like hearing one of his songs. My favorite.

Last edited by matt4pack; 2015-10-11 at 12:58 AM.

+1 to Phil. He showed such an incredible range over his career that I would be surprised if someone listened to all his songs and didn't find at least one they liked. All I have to say is:

"I can feel it comming in the air tonight...."

Whenever I knew trouble (or a difficult time) was approaching, I listened to that song and it helped me get through. Respect to Phil. He was probably a little before my time, so I don't get him 100%- but he def. reached across generations...

Never heard of.

In the air tonight.. I can get down with that, but other than that don't really care for Phil Collins.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His Music? I love it.

Him as a Person? He can suck a dick.

Phil Collins Genesis may be the first group I ever got into. I wore out the Invisible Touch and We Can't Dance cassettes on one of my family summer vacations. Solo Phil did some good stuff too.

I really like how he was just Genesis' drummer, but turned out to be this amazing singer as well. Gabriel is awesome, too, of course.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument! In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio is a great, great song, a personal favorite.