Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You have not did much googling. http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/crime/8-hor...un-owners.html this is only 8 cases of many, many more. Most of the time these do not make national news and sometimes only a small section of a local newspaper. Personally, I know of two cases myself. One with a neighbor a few miles down the road and another involved a family member who was killed when he broke into a apartment and attacked a guy with his knife. Both of those the ones who shot the victims never went to jail.
    when a 2010 article has to go back to 2002 to cite examples don't you think its not "many many more"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    hasn't a lot states expanded gun rights with conceal carry and such?

also the sky rocketing profits of gun manufactures is exceptionally telling.
    Yes they have. The Kansas Governor just signed into law earlier this year, a law which grants any citizen of the state to carry open or concealed a firearm with out needing a permit. This is already the law in some other states such as Montana and Vermont. 5 other states are considering the same action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    when a 2010 article has to go back to 2002 to cite examples don't you think its not "many many more"
    Na. Keep checking. There are a lot of cases like that which have happened. http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_cr..._by_gun_owners of course the anti gun rights groups have their own studies which will try to dispute this.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2015-10-11 at 03:41 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    No it is not wrong, that is the only reason you want guns. You like guns and you don't care about the people who die because of them.
    Any other argument is hypocrisy and pretty much your beloved bullshit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshi...vasion_murders

This happened not for from where I lived in Connecticut. This is also a text book case of why everyone should own a firearm, and why I own firearms, illegally. Please note that everyone in that family had cellphones and not one of them were able to dial 911. If someone ever breaks into my home, I will drop that fucker. I might spend a little time in jail but you know what my family will be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    This is also a text book case of why everyone should own a firearm
    This is a text book case on why you should not make nation wide decisions on emotions.
    If you combine the total deaths due to similar situations over the past 10 years, and if combine the total deaths due to mass shootings, which one do you think comes on top ?
    I understand that this is very emotional and it is impossible to think straight on similar topics, but if you want to prevent deaths, you have to. You just can't look at similar cases and make decisions, you have to look at all of them.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-10-11 at 04:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This is a text book case on why you should not make nation wide decisions on emotions.
    If you combine the total deaths due to similar situations over the past 10 years, and if combine the total deaths due to mass shootings, which one do you think comes on top ?
    I understand that this is very emotional and it is impossible to think straight on similar topics, but if you want to prevent deaths, you have to. You just can't look at similar cases and make decisions, you have to look at all of them.
    In the last seven years their has been 934 deaths to mass shootings which equates to 1% of all gun related deaths in this country. Annually there is between 800-900 deaths related to homicides in home invasions/burgurly's. In retrospect, 7 years mass shootins=934 people. 7 years of Home invasions with homicides=5,600 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because America? There are what, 350,000,000-400,000,000 guns already in the United States? Who's surprised? You used to need a gun to hunt and for protection. Now you need a gun to protect yourself from everyone else--because they all have guns. I hate guns and I find "gun people" to be repelling, but I'm probably going to have to get one eventually too since soon every mother fucker in the country will have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Because people are waking up and realizing they're in charge of their own protection. I'd like to see how many CCW's went with those sales. An armed community is a polite community.
    An armed community doesn't equate a polite community. We'd not have shootings if we followed your logic. Since reality doesn't work like that, it's something else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And yet, the words "Polite" and "America" don't seem to go together.
    Really? People are SO polite here. And friendly and nice. ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    That Shotgun offers a choice between pump and Semi Auto. They are two separate modes.

For a Weapon to be considered semi-auto...it has to load the next round automatically. Using a pump means you are loading that round manually.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I own four guns a shot gun for bird hunting two rifles one for deer and one for smaller game and a hand gun for self protection I don't conceder that excessive at all

- - - Updated - - -

There is a low estimate of 108,000 to the high estimate of 3,000,000 lives saved every year by a gun
    even if we go with the low estimate of 108,000 that is 3 times as many lives saved a year by a gun then was taken by one
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-10-11 at 09:27 PM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

The number of background checks done is considered a reliable gauge of total gun sales and were up more than 20 percent from the previous September high set in 2012. Summer of 2015 overall has also shattered gun sales records since National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) went live in November 1998.
    It might be a reliable gauge of new guns introduced into the equation, or even of guns sold by dealers. But at least here in ID you can go buy a gun from anyone as a private sale. Don't even think you need a purchase permit to do it.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes they have. The Kansas Governor just signed into law earlier this year, a law which grants any citizen of the state to carry open or concealed a firearm with out needing a permit. This is already the law in some other states such as Montana and Vermont. 5 other states are considering the same action.

- - - Updated - - -

Na. Keep checking. There are a lot of cases like that which have happened. http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_cr..._by_gun_owners of course the anti gun rights groups have their own studies which will try to dispute this.
    Don't need a law to allow you to open carry with no permit. That's a constitutional right. Doesn't matter what state you're in.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Mostly because conservatives have been saying that people need to go get their guns before the liberals take them away despite that not being a thing anyone in power wants to do.

Also, Americans are obsessed with the idea of stopping a crime, despite violent crime being at an all time low and most people never having the occasion to use such a thing. Everyone thinks that because they fire a few rounds at the range on weekends, that they'll be a hero if some tragedy happens near them.

I don't have a problem with gun ownership, I just hate the bullshit justification. I collect comic book memorabilia, you collect guns. It's exactly the fucking same. Stop pretending it is anything other than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    Don't need a law to allow you to open carry with no permit. That's a constitutional right. Doesn't matter what state you're in.
    I think you may need to recheck the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Mostly because conservatives have been saying that people need to go get their guns before the liberals take them away despite that not being a thing anyone in power wants to do.

Obama implied doing just that a few times by him using the UK and Austria as examples of sensible gun control and both the UK and Austria used gun confiscation as part of their gun control

Na. Keep checking. There are a lot of cases like that which have happened.

Yes there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Obama implied doing just that a few times by him using the UK and Austria as examples of sensible gun control and both the UK and Austria used gun confiscation as part of their gun control
    In no way does sensible gun control imply banning all guns.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    In no way does sensible gun control imply banning all guns.
    so then the UK and Austria gun control that involved gun confiscation wasn't sensible like Obama claimed they were?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so then the UK and Austria gun control that involved gun confiscation wasn't sensible like Obama claimed they were?
    No. Gun control and banning all guns are different concepts. You have a real problem with responding to what people actually say and not what you wanted them to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will always be confused that people think doing an extra check = ban all guns.

I will always be confused that people thing regulations wont help, when it works well everywhere else.

I will always be confused that people I know use Switzerland as an example, but don't realize how regulated it is in Switzerland.