Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dannng that Sixers @ Knicks game though. Honestly wish the Sixers won it after they took the lead but ofc Carmelo is there to save the day

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Never bought that and still dont. People say that cause they didnt land Lebron/Wade. And you know what neither did any of the other countless other teams that wanted them. Got Boozer. Got Gasol. I mean what other big free agent did they legitimately push for and not get because they didnt wanna come to Chicago. Hell even Melo WANTED to he just got enticed by all that money in New York
    I still feel like LeBron in Chicago would've given him slightly more success than Miami but that's of course assuming Rose never blows out his knee. Not complaining though. :P

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    From a timeline perspective:
    >Wade agrees to sign with Miami
    >Bosh agrees to sign with Miami
    >Boozer agrees to his 75-80 million deal with the Bulls
    >LeBron announces his decision

The Bulls had about $30 million in cap room before free agency went down according to this article:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5361792

I'm not really familiar with the Bulls FO: would they have signed Boozer if they knew LeBron was coming?

And if the Bulls knew ahead of time LeBron was coming, would they have been able to grab Bosh instead?

Alternatively, assuming the big three don't decide to come together, would they have been able to draw Wade and LeBron?

Or would they have preferred to grab LeBron and then a number of better role players instead of another marquee signing? If I recall correctly, the Bulls already had a very good bench at this point - actually had better defense than the starters. With LeBron, Deng goes to the bench or LeBron plays at the 4.

Free Agents in 2010:

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2010/

Fuck tonight is a TNT Monday. Right now GSW is dominating Cavs and afterward HOU is playing LAC. Unfortunately I'm tired so I'll prob try to sleep early.

- - - Updated - - -

70-44 at halftime GS is up on Cleveland. Lololol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    I still feel like LeBron in Chicago would've given him slightly more success than Miami but that's of course assuming Rose never blows out his knee. Not complaining though. :P
    What you guys are forgetting or don't know is that we were in a good position to sign both Lebron and Wade, plus we would have been able to keep our core intact. Meaning Joakim and Taj would were signed already This was all before Derrick signed his big contract. Under the Bird rule, we could have kept all of them so long as Reinsdorf was willing to pay the taxes. He says consistantly that if he has a championship team he's willing to pay the taxes.

Of course It didn't go down that way.

Top free agents the bulls wanted, had cap room to sign, but couldn't land.

Tracy Mcgrady.
    Tim Duncan
    Lebron James
    D Wade.
    C. Bosh
    Carmello.

I think they also made a run at Grant Hill.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-01-19 at 02:20 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Read my last post.

FWIW: I don't think Rose, Wade and LeBron together would work as well. Spacing would be a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What you guys are forgetting or don't know is that we were in a good position to sign both Lebron and Wade, plus we would have been able to keep our core intact. Meaning Joakim and Taj would were signed already This was all before Derrick signed his big contract. Under the Bird rule, we could have kept all of them so long as Reinsdorf was willing to pay the taxes. He says consistantly that if he has a championship team he's willing to pay the taxes.

Of course It didn't go down that way.

Top free agents the bulls wanted, had cap room to sign, but couldn't land.

Tracy Mcgrady.
    Tim Duncan
    Lebron James
    D Wade.
    C. Bosh
    Carmello.

I think they also made a run at Grant Hill.
    All those players stayed with their teams with the exception of of Lebron/Bosh which was already established how they could all play in Miami together (not possible on any other team). Its not like Chicago lost them to another city that was pushing for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that changes the fact that rebuilding through free agency hasn't worked. I don't expect anything different this summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago could be a premier spot for people to want to go, but if you had a choice of a championship contender in Texas or Florida or New York or whatever, still a better choice to go to the first two, and New York is obviously quite important. As is las angelos. Chicago is known as Jordan's town in basketball.

Personally I've been to Chicago three times and it's a nice place to visit but I don't know if I'd want to live ther. Though that's mainly because I don't like any big cities.

The weather is just kind of lame. Though Cleveland is lame overall. If lebron had been born in Idaho I wonder where he would have ended up, because no chance he goes back to Cleveland if he wasn't from the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Damn what a beat down last night.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt. Cavs looked pathetic. I'm sure the Bulls will put up a better fight than that tomorrow.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It would have been interesting to see what other pieces they could have gotten. Do you remember what the cap space would have been? I assume maxed out with the Lebron signing.
    Yeah the Bulls team would have looked at lot different, but I think like Jreg still more success than Miami (and how knows maybe with having the ball less would have saved Derrick's knees!) But yeah they only had cap space for one max deal, so obviously that means no signing Boozer, Korver, Watson (the latter 2 playing extremely well off the bench). But, who knows who they could have gotten to sign for the minimum to play with Lebron to help fill out the bench. Lebron, Old Derrick, Old Deng, Old Noah would have been super strong (I say Old because it's easy to forget how much better those 3 guys were back then compared to now). Off the bench would have been Taj, Omer, plus a bunch of minimum guys.

^ and we saw how injuries wrecked the Cavs last season, good enough to coast to the finals, but not enough vs GS. I really like the Cavs setup at the moment, but what GS did to them the other night was criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    ^ and we saw how injuries wrecked the Cavs last season, good enough to coast to the finals, but not enough vs GS. I really like the Cavs setup at the moment, but what GS did to them the other night was criminal.
    Coming off a win like that probably gives the Bulls the best chance they could hope to have against them tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Injuries clearly didn't matter as much in the finals as everyone thought haha
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect a big game out of D.Rose tonight and won't be surprised if they win. So yeah Bulls win tonight. Calling it now. They won't lie down like the Cavs did.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-01-21 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah only up 19 at the half, huge improvement over Cleveland!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, well it'd be nice if Jimmy Superstar would show up for the game. Nothing from him or Pau Gasol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was anti-climatic.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big mistake letting Thibs go. That team is bigger and better at every position. If the defense could have stoped them maybe the Bulls would have had a chance. There is no way we're ever going to outshoot that team. Especially in a 7 game series.

At least I was right about Derrick having a great game.

- - - Updated - - -

I never changed channels after the game and Comcast is replaying it so I'm rewatching. I have to say after watching the post game, and seeing the warriors interviewed. The warriors are a really likeable team / bunch of guys. When they beat the the Bulls record, It's going to be okay, because they seem like a real good group of guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I never changed channels after the game and Comcast is replaying it so I'm rewatching. I have to say after watching the post game, and seeing the warriors interviewed. The warriors are a really likeable team / bunch of guys. When they beat the the Bulls record, It's going to be okay, because they seem like a real good group of guys.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-01-21 at 03:37 AM.