Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Red face What do you think about Fear Not This Night?

Hi champz! Good to see you today.

So, what is your opinion on that famous track from GW2?

At some point in my life, I didn't like it, but boy, when I finished the main story and FNTN started playing in the credits, so much feelz!

What do you think about it?

See you soon!

Before the Zhaitan nerf when you were on the final push for the boss this soundtrack started playing and every other sound would slowly fade away. It gave me goosebumps and hopelessness because at that point in the fight you were surrounded by WAVES AND WAVES OF ELITES that would not stop coming and you had to fend them off to protect the cannon before it fired. It was epic.

Now that they nerfed it it brings memory's of disappointment.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Before the Zhaitan nerf when you were on the final push for the boss this soundtrack started playing and every other sound would slowly fade away. It gave me goosebumps and hopelessness because at that point in the fight you were surrounded by WAVES AND WAVES OF ELITES that would not stop coming and you had to fend them off to protect the cannon before it fired. It was epic.

Now that they nerfed it it brings memory's of disappointment.
    I thought it was during the cleansing, whenever you had to defend Trahearne after defeating the eye or whatever it was at the fountain. I remember it being brutally difficult at launch, but I did it earlier this year on an alt and was like "uh...where are all the mobs?". Think there were all of maybe 8-10 mobs, whereas the first time I did it it was more like 25-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I thought it was during the cleansing, whenever you had to defend Trahearne after defeating the eye or whatever it was at the fountain. I remember it being brutally difficult at launch, but I did it earlier this year on an alt and was like "uh...where are all the mobs?". Think there were all of maybe 8-10 mobs, whereas the first time I did it it was more like 25-30.
    The cleansing had no adds, just the giant eye of zhaitan. Was piss easy. You're thinking of the ship where you need to protect zolja so she can fire the cannon which at launch had around 30 mobs, half of which were elites that never stopped spawning.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The cleansing had no adds, just the giant eye of zhaitan. Was piss easy. You're thinking of the ship where you need to protect zolja so she can fire the cannon which at launch had around 30 mobs, half of which were elites that never stopped spawning.
    Oops. I'm getting them mixed up, although FNTN does play during the cleansing part. I've only done the last part of personal story once, back when the game was maybe a month or two old. :P

Had to Google this "famous" track. Can't recall hearing it before- meh. Kinda awful actually.

I play most video game with the sound turned off. If it plays in the game I may have been unaware.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess count me in the minority? I love it, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Had to Google this "famous" track. Can't recall hearing it before- meh. Kinda awful actually.
    This pretty much. Never knew GW2 had a famous track, let alone remember this song.

Cried like a lil bitch when I first heard it. Always one for paying attention to video game music.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's literally hundreds, if not thousands of tributes to this song. From piano to violin to vocals to renditions with ingame musical instruments. One of my personal favorites is the electric guitar version by Little V - starts out soft and melodic then goes into full blown rock.

Epic song, I love the lyrics
    Valar morghulis

I've always liked it a lot, though I sort of prefer the instrumental version, the words sometimes annoy me. Iirc it plays in the Grove which lets people hear it even if they don't do the personal story.

I love it. It is still one of the ringtones on my phone.

Deleted
    I really liked it at the end of the personal story. I had been listening to it on repeat when Gw2 was still in development.

The chinese version is pretty aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    man i loved that song, reminded me of tybalt...
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    man i loved that song, reminded me of tybalt...
    Tybalt!! Did you see the fan tribute video that was made awhile back? It had Tybalt VO and was amazing. I think Deior made it, if I'll see if I can find it again and link

I really like the song. I never knew the name of it until about a two years later when I finally finished my personal story and googled what the final song was during the celebration at Fort Trinity.

Also loved the song. My daughter even learned to play it on the piano. Pretty cool.

Doesn't fall into my common genre of music, but I love the song regardless. After hearing it in game during the last quest, I looked it up and got an immediate download.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    There's literally hundreds, if not thousands of tributes to this song. From piano to violin to vocals to renditions with ingame musical instruments. One of my personal favorites is the electric guitar version by Little V - starts out soft and melodic then goes into full blown rock.

Epic song, I love the lyrics
    Oh man, they need to contact that guy and license that version for the game. For when the Char juggernauts show up to save everyone's flowery ass.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Tybalt!! Did you see the fan tribute video that was made awhile back? It had Tybalt VO and was amazing. I think Deior made it, if I'll see if I can find it again and link
    Is this the one you're thinking of, Arlee? (spoilers if you haven't done the Whispers personal story line)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfwJTcRRS-s
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-10-18 at 04:48 PM.
    Valar morghulis