Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bitter Atheist protests Texas police car message

https://www.rt.com/usa/318700-god-tr...ce-cars-texas/

A Texas man has joined the fight against 'In God We Trust' decals on the police cars. Governor Greg Abbott has signaled support for the message, which the San Juan Police Department and others say is referring to assaults on police across the country.

San Juan Police Chief Juan Gonzalez offered KGBT a written statement in response, saying officers were able to obtain the decals at no cost to the city.

"We are not trying to make any type of statement. It was just the right thing to do in my opinion," Gonzalez said.

Last week, a state representative and state senator who represent Childress asked Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to issue an opinion on the legality of the decals on police cars. Paxton has previously voiced support for the policy, according to the Austin American-Statesman, saying on Facebook that it “represents a historical premise on which our great nation was founded.”

While Paxton has until April to issue a nonbonding opinion, Governor Abbott wrote a letter to the attorney general saying he supported the policy.

“As the Supreme Court has held time and again, the Constitution commands acknowledgement and accommodation of religion, rather than hostility towards religion,” Abbott wrote Monday. “Given these well-established principles, it is unsurprising that ‘In God we trust’ has survived every legal challenge.
    Good grief. Don't these angry atheists have anything better to do that whine about decals on police vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good grief. Don't these angry atheists have anything better to do that whine about decals on police vehicles?
    Just last night we heard from Sanders about how America was just so tired of hearing about Hillary Clinton's criminal email behavior.

The people who cheered for that staged outburst will be the same people who will rally behind the ...grave importance of ...text on the ...side of ...cars.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    It's seriously embarrassing. No wonder Atheists are scorned and nobody votes for them.

Don't you have the same thing on your money? I wonder if they refuse to use money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea! Why can't they throw hissy fits about stores not saying "merry christmas" like normal people?!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Cayse View Post
    Don't you have the same thing on your money? I wonder if they refuse to use money.
    My debit card days nothing about god. Who uses physical money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think government officials should endorse specific religions in official capacity. What do I know, though...

- - - Updated - - -

It's seriously embarrassing. No wonder Atheists are scorned and nobody votes for them.
    If you don't think all Christians should be judged by the actions of westboro baptist church, you should take the same approach against a group of people who have even less in common in terms of beliefs.

https://www.rt.com/usa/318700-god-tr...ce-cars-texas/

How about if it said "Allahu Akbar"?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I didn't think government officials should endorse specific religions in official capacity. What do I know, though...
    If government officials can't endorse one worldview, then we should apply it fairly to all government officials and make it so none of them can endorse any worldview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuem View Post
    Isn't that a Star Wars character?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's butthurt about something.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    That's not how it works. Who are you or any other angry atheist to tell these people what to put on their vehicles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    If government officials can't endorse one worldview, then we should apply it fairly to all government officials and make it so none of them can endorse any worldview.
    It applies to all religions equally, doesn't it? Your constitution?

Police should be embarrassed they still believe in fairy tales.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not how it works. Who are you or any other angry atheist to tell these people what to put on their vehicles.
    I'm not an angry atheist, and it's not "their" vehicle, it's a government/state vehicle used in an official capacity. You can write whatever religious sentiment you want on your car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuem View Post
    Isn't that the name of some tacky Indian restaurant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Police should be embarrassed they still believe in fairy tales.
    Worked well in England...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an angry atheist, and it's not "their" vehicle, it's a government/state vehicle used in an official capacity. You can write whatever religious sentiment you want on your car.
    The attorney general ruled on it. Who do these atheists think they are to be above the law? So shameful. No wonder the rest of society doesn't take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    They can endorse whatever they want. Just not in official government capacity.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

The attorney general ruled on it. Who do these atheists think they are to be above the law? So shameful. No wonder the rest of society doesn't take them seriously.
    The attorney general of Texas doesn't have final say over the constitutionality of the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean a few people complain and now all atheists are assholes? I don't give a shit what the side of their cars says, I mean I guess "In god we trust" over "to protect and serve" huh? I also don't give a shit if you say merry christmas either or Bless you when I sneeze. I realize you are trying to be polite and courteous not be offensive. To the extremely ignorant OP perhaps they are concerned because religious people tend to take advantage when they are not questioned. You know like in the 1950's when Mc Carthy and his buddies used the anti-communist movement to introduce things like "Under god" to the pledge and "In God we Trust" on our currency. Most the time when atheists complain about stuff like this, it is done so it doesn't set a precedent of establishing religion in what is supposed to be a secular government.