Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not wanting poor people around a good neighborhood is racist now?

I think tumblr called to report that they were leaking today.
    No it doesn't say not wanting poor people it say's not wanting minorities, poor white people are okay though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    No it doesn't say not wanting poor people it say's not wanting minorities, poor white people are okay though.
    In the article is says the listings say no Sec 8 vouchers. It doesnt say no blacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i can't side with landlords. i've seen a few that are just absolute scum of the earth, one even makes his 98 YEAR OLD MOTHER pay him to mow her lawn.

so, yeah, let them suffer.
    So because you know a couple bad people they should all suffer? lol
    You're a towel.

I understand not renting to them, have had section 8 neighbors and it was never good.

Some people do section 8 and have a process for the properties, where they make a return on investment.

Locally there are agencies and complexes that do section 8 only, if you dont have section 8 they cant help you. It pushes up rent costs for everyone who is not section 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Did anyone else see the OP's obvious encouragement of racism?
    He's not being a racist, learn to read. He said he would side with voucher holders if landlords were accepting vouchers from whites only. Meaning if landlords were being racist, he would support voucher holders. He then indicated, landlords are not being racist, they are refusing vouchers from all people.

That's a standard Orlong post.

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    He's not being a racist, learn to read. He said he would side with voucher holders if landlords were accepting vouchers from whites only. Meaning if landlords were being racist, he would support voucher holders. He then indicated, landlords are not being racist, they are refusing vouchers from all people.
    Well to many on the CRAZY left.... it is still racist!

*as a lot of section 8 voucher people are black compared to the population*

so in there minds he is only doing this to stop black people *even if they have blacks not on vouchers living there*

When in reality he just doesn't want thugs/poor people ruining his place
    *which section 8 people are known for doing if you watch some youtube videos and read some horror stories of these people, which most believe to be the classic i did not pay for it so i do not care for it as much*

At the same time, voucher holders can also find a dizzying array of housing ads that specifically recruit them. Indeed, the vast majority of listings in WBEZ’s analysis of Craigslist included language such as “Section 8 ok,” or “Section 8 welcome.” However, nearly all were in high-poverty areas not deemed to be CHA opportunity areas. We found the seven neighborhoods with the greatest number of pro-voucher ads were all on the city’s South Side and have poverty rates above 25 percent.
    You mean the places they should be going are catering to them?

The hell you say!
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

No, because there was none.

You should apologize for your insulting accusation.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

This issue hits close to home for me. My mother-in-law owned a number of apartment buildings in Chicago. Dealing with Section 8 is a total nightmare and that's not even mentioning the tenets.