Better than Forge

I've always struggled with Forge as a mod manager. Can you recommend something better?

Deleted
    Do you want to write mods yourself or for playing? The alternative is Bukkit. If you provide me some more details, I can most likely point you in the right direction.

Thanks Cyonis. I'm just after a mod manager which facilitates loading mods made by others. For example, the Instant Structures mod.

Deleted
    Sorry for ninjaing this threat, but i got a question about Forge.

In the past i thought having Forge was required, but i reinstalled my PC the other day, downloaded Minecraft and Feed the beast, and i could play just fine. So what gives?
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2015-10-19 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    @dexx no problem. Both work in a different way and can actually be used together. I wouldn't say either is better. Forge may be a bit easier to start with. I could guide you through the installation, if you want. You can also get the new Feed the Beast launcher (Curse Voice from http://feed-the-beast.com). That will make it very easy to install Forge mods.

@Dotmore for modded play Forge is still required. Feed the Beast automatically installs it.

To manually install Forge, make sure you have Minecraft installed somewhere, download the Forge installer for 1.7.10 (there's too few mods for 1.8), run it, and you'll get a new minecraft profile labeled forge. Now your game is able to run mods. Drop any compatible mods (ones for 1.7.10) in the mods folder and start playing. Minecraft can be found in the AppData folder on windows. Give it a quick Google if you don't know. Good luck!