Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    Channelled restores more mana but has the drawback of needing to be channeled. If you can afford to stand still and not heal for 10 seconds then the channelled one is better. If you can not guarantee being able to do that without interruption then the instant one is better.
    Get both and use the right one for the right situation. Generally you need to plan the use of the channelled one, the instant one can be popped whenever you feel like it. You can use only one per fight so it's up to you to know whether you will have the time to channel or not.
    Pretty much all encounters in HfC will have a brief window during which channelling is possible but if you miss that don't hesitate to switch to the instant one instead. Channelling for only 6-7 seconds and then having to interrupt it is a mana loss (compared to the instant one), try to avoid that.
    Added tip if you are using the instant mana potion is to use it as early as possible, like we used to use innervate back then. This way if you die for whatever reason and are ressed, your pot cooldown will reset after a minute prior to death and you can get 2 pots into 1 fight. If haven't used it yet when you die there is no cooldown to reset and you will still only have 1 potion for the fight. Obviously don't die but it happens, that is the definition of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Oster View Post
    Yeah I usually use it during the second mirrors since I tranq during the first mirrors. I have a bad habit of wanting to save CD's for emergencies but then emergencies may or may not come and the CD never gets used :/
    During mythic progression there never should be an "emergency". All damage intake for the raid is deterministic. You know which fight mechanics will do tons of damage and which won't. Screw-ups usually kill the player who messed up and don't result in raid wide damage. If they do popping something like ToL is usually the wrong response because you need something quick to heal it.

I usually plan my ToL use so that I get the highest number of uses in a fight during phases of intense healing. I decide whether I want to boost my Tranq with it or use it separately and also whether to use HotW or NV with it (and possibly use ToL + HotW + Tranq for some ridiculously powerful healing - or spread them out for more CD coverage).
    The exact timing for Tranq, however, is determined by the raid as a whole. We assign most healing cooldowns to the phases of major damage. If we have more big CDs than phases of high damage we leave one or two unassigned as screw-up recovery. Monks are perfect for this because theirs is an instant cast, Druids with Tranq are the first ones to be assigned since the channel time has to be planned anyway. So my Tranq is never unassigned and I plan my ToL / HotW usage around that.

Long story short: Pretty much every CD use is planned before the pull, saving a CD or forgetting to use one never really happens. At least not in the healing comp we are running.

During mythic progression there never should be an "emergency". All damage intake for the raid is deterministic. You know which fight mechanics will do tons of damage and which won't. Screw-ups usually kill the player who messed up and don't result in raid wide damage. If they do popping something like ToL is usually the wrong response because you need something quick to heal it.

I usually plan my ToL use so that I get the highest number of uses in a fight during phases of intense healing. I decide whether I want to boost my Tranq with it or use it separately and also whether to use HotW or NV with it (and possibly use ToL + HotW + Tranq for some ridiculously powerful healing - or spread them out for more CD coverage).
    The exact timing for Tranq, however, is determined by the raid as a whole. We assign most healing cooldowns to the phases of major damage. If we have more big CDs than phases of high damage we leave one or two unassigned as screw-up recovery. Monks are perfect for this because theirs is an instant cast, Druids with Tranq are the first ones to be assigned since the channel time has to be planned anyway. So my Tranq is never unassigned and I plan my ToL / HotW usage around that.

Long story short: Pretty much every CD use is planned before the pull, saving a CD or forgetting to use one never really happens. At least not in the healing comp we are running.
    Yeah that makes sense. We plan out our major CD's (tranq, HotW, etc) for heavy damage periods (feast of souls, mirrors, etc). ToL is usually left as an on-your-own CD so I'll have to work on using that during appropriate times.
    Thanks for all the tips

While I definitely agree that ToL is not a very good oh shit button, more than something which should be used during high damage phases. It usually takes too long before you can actually pull some numbers with it aswell, and even then you arent sure it will be on the right targets, it's just not good for emergency healing, great for heavy incoming damage though.

I find tranq to be a cooldown which ends up being a reactionary button, if you have a monk I can see why this would be stupid, but for 3 healed fights, you are most likely the only one with a strong enough cd.. While I can agree there aren't many fights like this, but xhul'horac comes to mind, sudden spike damage of 200k to the entire raid with the chance of a 400k followup within short time, tranq is strong for this, eitherway you are trying to save it for the last 20% eitherway, so you arent really keeping it from being used.

Yea, it depends on how many raid CDs you have available and how many phases during which raid CDs are needed are in the fight.
    High damage phases need a raid CD planned. If there are more cooldowns than high dmg phases then Tranq and Divine Hymn should be planned first because of the channel time, the rest can be flexible. If those are not enough to cover phases of high damage then Healing Tide should be assigned and if that still isn't enough healing then Revival needs to be assigned. Everything not assigned can be used as "oh shit" button.

While Trans is a decent "oh shit" button I just barely ever find mine to be unassigned. Healing Tide and Revival are just better at "oh shit" and which raid doesn't have a Shaman or Monk these days?

This is of course on top of (mostly assigned) mitigation cooldowns like Devotion Aura and Power Word: Barrier.